Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Harry Potter, yes Harry Potter  (Read 9314 times)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 05:54:15 AM »
but he didn't....... He died because he did something for himself, which is different from jesus. He just made it so that his death would benefit thecause.

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 07:32:44 AM »
I've actually wanted to read the books, alas I haven't had time to go pick them up at my local bookstore (due to time restraints being a musician and music teacher.) But I heard that as well that she stated he was a homosexual.

Honestly, I don't see what is wrong with it. Cats do it, wolves do it. It's in our nature... Ahh the human race, what a dirty dirty dirty species we are, makes me smile with delight. 

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 10:13:56 PM »
i don't see anything wrong with it. But I find it stupid, cuz in the interview, it sounded like she wanted him to be gay just to spite the church, thats just stupid.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 10:16:27 PM »
Sorry about the bump, though this was still on the first page so it should be alright.

I didn't want to check out this topic earlier in case it contained spoilers.  Just finished the last book today.  I'd like to know how ya'll feel about the books versus the movies.  It seems most of the book fans love the movies, but I think they're mediocre at best.  Seems the directors always want to cram every last bit of the books in rather than focusing on character building and pacing.  And that makes the films very...flat, for lack of a better term.  They could handle a bit more buildup and more epic closes.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 10:59:10 PM »
Its not that they want to fit everything in that bothers me in most cases, its the fact that they add a "Hollywood" twist to it. Like Book 4, they concentrated on teh dragon scene, great but .... they could've done other things and shortened the dragon scene.

Offline jgy666

• Awards
Re: Harry Potter, yes Harry Potter
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 09:48:57 AM »
I thought the 1st, 3rd, and 5th film were pretty good. 2 and 4 just seemed to drag on and didn't really focus as much on the characters and what was going on at the school (in terms of their classes and what not) I'm not a big fan of the franchise, I can watch the movies but that's about it - I've never had the motivation to read any of the novels. Haha, I tease my wife whenever she reads one of them and say something along the lines of her reading books that were made for "eleventeen year olds".

I think the whole gay thing isn't that big of a deal and in a way it doesn't really surprise me. It's the same with the whole banning of the books in school because it teaches kids witchcraft and whatnot - it's just total rubish. I do have to agree that I don't see why the author had to throw that in there though - it really doesn't seem to have any relevance other than to cause a fuss with parents/media.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 09:55:42 AM »
In Reply To #21

Which is why I think JK just threw it in to start something. I tough, liked 2 and 3, the other 3 though... meh, and I didn't evensee all of 5, because I was so bored that I stopped paying attention.

Offline jgy666

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 01:52:46 PM »
In Reply To #22

My wife said that the only thing that really hints at anything is they mention him spending alot of time with a male "friend" in his younger days... again, that in and of itself means little. Like I said, I'm not really a fan of it and I'm not totally familiar with anything other than whats in the movies, but I just don't get what anyone in that series' sexual preferances has to do with anything.

Oh yeah, and that crazy psycho witch-woman from the latest movie (Don't even ask me to try and remember a name... the one that tortured what's-his-names parents) has gotta be a diehard lesbo ;D

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 09:32:42 PM »
Bellatrix Lestrange?  In the last book, it hints that she's got a crush on Voldemort, actually.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 10:09:53 PM »
In Reply To #23

Yep, theres nothign that says "I'm gay" in the books. But the author said its true. Weird family, goat rape and gays! yay!  ::)

Bellatrix Lestrange?  In the last book, it hints that she's got a crush on Voldemort, actually.

I didn't pick up on any of that. I know shes obsessed with Voldemort, but from what Dumbydore says, it sounds like the really devoted ones, like her and probably her husband are obsessed with him.

Offline jgy666

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2008, 10:39:47 AM »
In Reply To #25

She has a husband!? Well, I guess that throws that theory out. I just got the impression from what was in the movie that somebody like that is too psychopathic and insane to even register any kind of "warm" emotions for anyone. That and the fact that she seemed to have that "man hater" thing going on. I dunno, that was just my first impression on the character.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 10:44:26 AM »
dnt worry, some of the things in the book arent mentioned enough to get you to remember, unless you're a fan or lie me >.> who relisten to audio books alot.

Tags: