Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: One questions about Simon Belmont  (Read 7067 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 04:47:21 PM »
I'd say it is possible knowing human behaviour, but very, very negligible. The story for CV3 and the character bios do not even hint at such a relationship. We also have to take in the fact that Grant was driven by revenge for the murder of his family by Dracula's forces, and cursed by the King of Vampires himself. In such a light Grant would have absolutely no feelings whatsoever for Sypha, or any other woman. He's not interested in pursuing relations with the opposite sex. He has a vendetta against Dracula. Besides which Sypha had kept her identity a secret until after Dracula's defeat (according to CV3's ending), and was drawn to Trevor by the end of the game. In light of this evidence there is no room for a supposed love triangle. That was just writers of Judgement pulling out the ole outdated/overused Victorian story trope to try and make things more interesting for that particular game.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2020, 10:13:44 AM »
The "grant falls in love with sypha" thing would obviously happen during the game events. The game doesn't even have Sypha/Grant dialogue because Trevor is a fixed partner, but the canon is that the FOUR characters were together. It doesn't contradict anything in the game, it expands.

Your argument would be better using Maria obsession with tits  than with the love triangle, and even then...

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2020, 02:39:25 PM »
Grant having feelings for Sypha is one of those things you can't really confirm or deny when taking CV3 in isolation. It in the end, it all comes down to personal interpretation. Besides, doesn't the game take place over the span of like a couple of hours? The characters developing feelings for each other probably didn't happen until the game was over anyway.

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2020, 02:48:19 PM »
Grant having feelings for Sypha is one of those things you can't really confirm or deny when taking CV3 in isolation. It in the end, it all comes down to personal interpretation. Besides, doesn't the game take place over the span of like a couple of hours? The characters developing feelings for each other probably didn't happen until the game was over anyway.

I always saw the games taking place over several weeks, personally. The castle is ginormous, after all - why could it not be bigger on the inside than the outside? It is a creature of Chaos, after all. Furthermore, the dialogue in Dawn of Sorrow does suggest a bigger time span between the talks. Of course, this could be just Dawn of Sorrow, but that's how I always saw it.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2020, 04:18:40 PM »
More than just that, you spend most of the game outside the castle.

Ultimately, i'm not saying that JUDGEMENT IS CANON, PERIOD. All i'm saying is that i interpret it as canon because at least imo, nothing there contradicts canon. It's just that for many old characters, that's the only source of "personality" they have. Judgement and GoS are all Simon has (maybe SMB idk if people talk there), Sypha didn't have anything else until the show and that's it's own universe (Well....outside the pachislot...erotic violence baby)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 04:23:53 PM by SecretWeapon »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2020, 04:35:55 PM »
Besides, doesn't the game take place over the span of like a couple of hours?

It would realistically. The castle is big however the trek to the castle and fighting there way to Dracula within the castle itself happened all in one night. It's way easier for a small group to infiltrate an enemy fortress then an entire army. especially if the four hunters are all aces of their professions.

The "grant falls in love with sypha" thing would obviously happen during the game events. The game doesn't even have Sypha/Grant dialogue because Trevor is a fixed partner, but the canon is that the FOUR characters were together.

Yes all four character were together. There is no debating that fact. However as I said before Sypha kept her identity a secret till the end of the game regardless. And we only see her drawn to Trevor.

It doesn't contradict anything in the game, it expands.

It does expand the story, yes, but in a bad way that I personally don't agree with as it feels shoehorned and amateurish. Until an official source (outside of Judgement) dictates otherwise the love triangle thing never happened.

Your argument would be better using Maria obsession with tits  than with the love triangle, and even then...

I have no idea where you're going with this. If we're having a discussion then let's have a discussion. But no confrontation. That's not why we're here and I won't participate in that.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2020, 05:44:32 AM »
It does expand the story, yes, but in a bad way that I personally don't agree with as it feels shoehorned and amateurish

Exactly. Your opinion. As others have said you can't disregard it on CV3 alone

I have no idea where you're going with this.

You'd make a better argument saying that Maria boob obssession doesn't make sense given her characterization when younger and older.... But then again, when younger she must not have given a shit about tits and when older she got huge ones so you can still fit that in.

Ultimately, like it or not, Judgement was written to be able to fit inside canon given the game decanonizes its own events at the endings. And from a meta perspective, it shows what kind of views IGA had regarding the characters personalities and their respective stories.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2020, 06:42:34 AM »
It does expand the story, yes, but in a bad way that I personally don't agree with

Hmm...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2020, 09:55:04 AM »
You'd make a better argument saying that Maria boob obssession doesn't make sense given her characterization when younger and older.... But then again, when younger she must not have given a shit about tits and when older she got huge ones so you can still fit that in.

Oh- Ohhhhhhhhh! That thing! lol. Ya know, I'd completely forgot about that segment of the game till it creeped up on me now. Thanks for the reminder. But as ridiculous as that was (for multiple reasons) it just doesn't seem as offensive as the love triangle. Love triangles really grind my gears to no end. There is always one person whom gets hurt in such scenarios and it is that reason alone that I truly despise them. To add more salt, lemon juice, and phosphorous on the wound they forced it into CV3's story when it was never there to begin with. My apologies SecretWeapon but I have to stick to my guns (opinion) on Judgement's additions to an already established game story. Besides Judgement is an IGA game were-as CVIII came out long before he ever took control/worked on he series or was even at Konami.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 10:02:53 AM by X »

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2020, 10:33:51 PM »
Are we getting into alternate timelines?  The original premise for Blood Moon followed the bad ending of CV2, where he died.  Hence beginning in a cemetery at an open grave.

Not canon?  Whataya mean it's not canon?!
They're talking about freakin Judgement and you're worried about hacks being canon?  >:(

Offline Simsure

• A games creator
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2020, 05:44:59 PM »
Anyway Simon depiction in grimoire or smash looks a lot older than 23, more like 30/35 or even older.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2020, 10:45:03 AM »
Back in the day people did look older then their years would imply and that's due to things like poor diet, living conditions, etc. At least for those not privileged like the upper class. Nowadays due to better diet, better living conditions, healthcare products, etc. people look younger despite their years.

Tags: