Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bonfires  (Read 5735 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 06:39:33 PM »
S'mores are a must. 8)

Weather permitted, this shiznit is goin' down Sunday evening.

Will keep you guys posted if I burn the woods down.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 06:46:53 PM »
Keep your Charizard in its pokeball, Freak.  :P

Or else.....  :o

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 11:12:14 PM »
I love a good bonfire.
Especially on Fall nights, when it's juuuust starting to be cold.
Had one last year over at a buddy's house.  It was nice.  Got to tell some scary stories.  Good stuff.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 12:01:09 AM »
One of these days I'll just have a nice little bonfire, the kind you don't need a permit for and you can relax to. One of these days...
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 03:39:07 AM »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 08:41:19 PM »
+1
Did you toast the kitty yet? That's some hot pussy.
(i hope you didn't, i like kitties. I gave a dead one on the side of a road a funeral and every day I and some other passerby -- maybe a coworker -- put dandelions or other flowers over it while it rotted away)
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2012, 02:41:44 PM »
So I didn't get any pics of when the fire was in full blaze because I was so concerned about making sure the flames weren't licking any of the nearby trees, but those flames stood 15–20 feet tall and it was impressive. Good, relaxing fire the rest of the night.

Did get a picture after it had simmered down and we had thrown a bunch of the logs on just before cookin' da weeniez.

Here's how it looked at 6 a.m.

And this was just a couple hours ago:

This'll be a slow roast. Might put some twigs and stuff in there to get some flames going, but I think the coals will get the wood burning pretty well, though very slowly.

Good fire, awesome night, amazing company.

And the cat's OK but sleepy.

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Grimlock78

• A hunters' associate
  • Hunter in Training
  • I've faced better odds:Have at you!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 09:15:38 AM »
I've had A few Bonfires before.Me and some friends always sung funny little folk songs or make up some. We always ask each other "what would you do" questions,then usually we would wireless play with our DS's. Only problem? Weeds started growing around my yard and I'm not much of a gardener. Ultimately and unfortunately we set fire to my yard and well... I wasn't allowed to have bonfires,campfires,or anything like that anymore.I did this for four years 12-16. ;D   
“Why be the player when you can be a boss at the end of the stage?... because the player is better....”

Offline Grimlock78

• A hunters' associate
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 09:19:34 AM »
Of course since we had a hose there was no damage besides my yard becoming a desert. :-\
“Why be the player when you can be a boss at the end of the stage?... because the player is better....”

Offline Grimlock78

• A hunters' associate
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 11:02:41 AM »
Dang made a mistake

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 11:07:35 AM »
:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

A desertous yard sounds totally bogue. How long'd it take for the grass and all to grow back?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »
Speakin'a bonfire mishaps...

When we were 18 or something, a buddy of mine had a fire at his place and after a while started dicking around with the gas can. (This was after he was playing with a sword he had bought, trying to throw it like Conan into a tree. He thought about dousing it in gasoline and then throwing a flame sword around, and he was serious about it, but I told him no.) He kept making these little gas trails and then lighting them on fire. It was pretty fun. But then one time he did it reversed: he slung gas at the fire, and it trailed all the way back into the can.

Thinking the can would explode (this ain't the movies, dude), he panicked and chucked the thing—only in his panic, he accidentally threw it toward the house, and it fell in a window well. The whole gas can was a fireball at this point, and the only way we could think (without having a fire extinguisher around) to not set the house ablaze was to create a constant water barrier between the house and can using the hose; there was maybe a foot of space distancing the two.

It did the job and the can burned out after a few minutes and all was saved. His dad wasn't home so we didn't get our asses beat, but a year or two later while washing dishes, the dishwasher caught fire and burned the whole kitchen down, so he eventually burned down the house anyway.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:34:22 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Grimlock78

• A hunters' associate
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2012, 02:55:08 PM »
+1
 ;DWe saw the first few patches of grass 5 months after which is actually this month.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 05:37:21 PM »
Turns out my sister took some pics.

Gettin' started.

BOOM!

To show the height.

Cool pic to top it off.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 04:54:38 PM »
Wickerman....
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags: