Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Confirmed: IGA not involved with Castlevania anymore. Europe helms the series.  (Read 48513 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
*Reads title*
*Reads "news"*

Guys, have you really stopped thinking so easily? He onlyu stated the obvious thing that everyone already knew. He said that actually Europe is in charge of CV games, everyone knows about that since LoS1, we also know that IGA isnt working in any CV game for now.

So in reality these "news" are only a statement about something that we already know, it says the actual situation, nothing about what will happen after LoS2.

Im pretty sure that guy knew more but isn't allowed to tell. So he told only what they should know, that IGA has been window seated.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Im pretty sure that guy knew more but isn't allowed to tell. So he told only what they should know, that IGA has been window seated.
That's actually good, didn't the man say that he was tired of making games and just wanted a good retirement? It's like a prize for him.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Mr. Shiro has posted some other interesting tidbits, and would appear to be a Konami employee in a Marketing/Promotion position, likely in America.

Really?? Hm... I thought Harmony of Despair was... well, maybe not well received in our circle, but I was under the impression it was pretty popular at least for a little while.

And 6 months to do Judgment, or Rebirth? Either way... fucking OUCH. I'm kind of surprised anyone there thought Judgment would sell enough to warrant funding though. A niche genre game of an already niche series?

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Really?? Hm... I thought Harmony of Despair was... well, maybe not well received in our circle, but I was under the impression it was pretty popular at least for a little while.

And 6 months to do Judgment, or Rebirth? Either way... fucking OUCH. I'm kind of surprised anyone there thought Judgment would sell enough to warrant funding though. A niche genre game of an already niche series?

There's those baffling upper management decisions from Konami. The Castlevania series always has been handled strangely (hopping from platform to platform wearing out fan loyalty and casual consumer interest) but especially since the IGA era with absurd sales expectations and even more absurd development and budget windows.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
There's those baffling upper management decisions from Konami. The Castlevania series always has been handled strangely (hopping from platform to platform wearing out fan loyalty and casual consumer interest) but especially since the IGA era with absurd sales expectations and even more absurd development and budget windows.
I truly believe managers and high level executives for VIDEO GAME companies SHOULD be well versed in video games and not just some business guy who can crunch numbers really well. A lot of these companies are run by guys who have no business making decisions for video games franchise and are out of touch with gamers in general.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
That's actually good, didn't the man say that he was tired of making games and just wanted a good retirement? It's like a prize for him.
I don't think he ever said that, or if he did he might have been joking. As proof he got involved in other games other than Castlevania after LoS came out.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
If you ever looked on IGA's facebook page, you'd know he still works for Konami. He posts pictures of himself at Konami employee events. He also apparently makes jewelry or something like that as a hobby.

Also don't visit his page if you're hungry because he has a zillion pics of whatever he's eating and you will get very hungry very fast. 

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I don't think he ever said that, or if he did he might have been joking. As proof he got involved in other games other than Castlevania after LoS came out.
I'd quote your signature for eternity

http://www.gamesradar.com/castlevania-the-mega-interview/?page=5

I'm sorry... I'm getting busier and busier. Sometimes I feel like I'm getting too old. I'm just waiting for my lottery winnings and then I can leave Konami.
That's a passionate man up there.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
You obviously can't tell when someone is joking. I guess it must be because of your blind hatred towards IGA.Blaming him for all the problems Castlevania is having is  unfair imo.Let's not forget that Konami has only been interested in making profits, mostly through the MGS franchise, and didn't care that much about the well being of CV, but they still want  make some profits out of it no matter what.
I could go on and on about this and prove you that IGA isn't the only one to be held responsible for all the bad stuff that happened to the franchise, but I've done that a hundred times before, and it's getting really ridiculous at this point.
You should know by now Konami didn't make the right decision to make LoS. The first game was ok(and I'm being very generous) and MoF...Let's not even talk about it. And from the looks of it LoS2 isn't going to be the great game that we're all expecting.
IGA and his team gave us 2 really good CV games or more, a bunch of good games, and maybe 2 or 3 bad titles. When I look at that legacy, I think that IGA did a good job, maybe it wasn't perfect but I sure enjoyed it, even those games that I didn't like at first.And I'm sure that he genuinely cared about CV, and tried not to butcher the old cannon too much, unlike those who followed.
Well I don't blame him for wanting to break from CV, especially if he had to cope with the way of thinking of the heads at Konami. I hope he can still make video games in a way or another.And If it's CV, I'll be really glad and I'm not afraid to say it.
Btw just for your sake I'm not gonna ever change my sig, because one day you'll feel the same way, when some european studio  completely ruins Castlevania, or worse, when Kojima does....Oh wait he did, by making a Belmont become Dracula ;D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:48:39 PM by Odile Kuronuma »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
If you don't have anything of value to contribute, don't post.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 01:11:54 AM by Nagumo »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
*facepalm*
You obviously can't tell when someone is joking. I guess it must be because of your blind hatred towards IGA.Blaming him for all the problems Castlevania is having is  unfair imo.Let's not forget that Konami has only been interested in making profits, mostly through the MGS franchise, and didn't care that much about the well being of CV, but they still want  make some profits out of it no matter what.
I could go on and on about this and prove you that IGA isn't the only one to be held responsible for all the bad stuff that happened to the franchise, but I've done that a hundred times before, and it's getting really ridiculous at this point.
You should know by now Konami didn't make the right decision to make LoS. The first game was ok(and I'm being very generous) and MoF...Let's not even talk about it. And from the looks of it LoS2 isn't going to be the great game that we're all expecting.
IGA and his team gave us 2 really good CV games or more, a bunch of good games, and maybe 2 or 3 bad titles. When I look at that legacy, I think that IGA did a good job, maybe it wasn't perfect but I sure enjoyed it, even those games that I didn't like at first.And I'm sure that he genuinely cared about CV, and tried not to butcher the old cannon too much, unlike those who followed.
Well I don't blame him for wanting to break from CV, especially if he had to cope with the way of thinking of the heads at Konami. I hope he can still make video games in a way or another.And If it's CV, I'll be really glad and I'm not afraid to say it.
Btw just for your sake I'm not gonna ever change my sig, because one day you'll feel the same way, when some european studio  completely ruins Castlevania, or worse, when Kojima does....Oh wait he did, by making a Belmont become Dracula ;D
Jesus Christ this reeks of butthurt...

>quote a post by IGA on leaving Konami when someone remembers him mentioning retirement
>YOU ONLY SAY THAT BECAUSE YOU HATE HIM

Also, I don't get why Kojima is always attached to that twist in LoS... he has nothing to do with it... His involvement was anything but story related.

And Belmont Becoming Dracula is silly, but who cares? How does that ruin Castlevania? It's not like somebody took solvent to the Mona Lisa, or chopped the dick off of the David.

It's inconsequential. And, it has no bearing on the classic canon.

This isn't Dacre Stoker ruining the original Book's lore by writing the "sequel", Lords of Shadow is an Alternate universe take on the franchise. It's not even a reboot anymore really. They've settled pretty comfortably on "alternate universe".

And besides, Gabriel is a far more sympathetic character than Mathias ever was. Only time he was ever sympathetic was Symphony, and even then, it's for shit, since his lament upon dying means nothing, and he comes back next game as evil as ever anyway, ruining a potentially good end to the character. Mathias in LoI was a whiny asshole. And a total dick. His reasons for becoming  a Vampire make no sense whatsoever. Only reason he's really even memorable is Crispin Freeman voicing him. Gabriel meanwhile, actually does have a definitive origin and an ending. (supposedly)

Also, Nobody's arguing about IGA's good games. Just that he had a very flawed dev process, that involved gimmick driven games, and bad storywriting for sequels.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Well, at least IGA's 2D gameplay was one of the most satisfying shit I've ever played. He could still be an advisor for 2Dvanias in my opinion but, whatever. I'm pretty sure the next developers will do fine, at least better than LoS.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)

>quote a post by IGA on leaving Konami when someone remembers him mentioning retirement
>YOU ONLY SAY THAT BECAUSE YOU HATE HIM

Also, I don't get why Kojima is always attached to that twist in LoS... he has nothing to do with it... His involvement was anything but story related.

And Belmont Becoming Dracula is silly, but who cares? How does that ruin Castlevania? It's not like somebody took solvent to the Mona Lisa, or chopped the dick off of the David.

>says that dont get why Kojima is attached to LoS twist
>states that Kojima worked in LoS story

Can you decide yourself? :rollseyes:

Not everyone like the treatment that LoS story have given for characters, putting a old and well known name in a random character isnt a good idea.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
This thread is like  a big summary of the 2010-present era of the CVD forums!  :o

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
>says that dont get why Kojima is attached to LoS twist
>states that Kojima worked in LoS story
anything =/= nothing :P

This thread is like  a big summary of the 2010-present era of the CVD forums!  :o
Or the internet  :-X

Tags: