Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1056102 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1155 on: June 15, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »
Funny you should post that, I did a whipping animation for X a while back that I never posted anywhere.

And also this, because why not.

FUNNY YOU SHOULD POST THAT. A loooooooooooooong time ago, I did a really crappy whip animation for X. :P

Also, HOW DO YOU DO IT, DRAC. HOW DO YOU STILL PUT UP WITH INC?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 01:01:06 PM by ZeroSaberGreen »
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1156 on: June 15, 2014, 07:03:50 PM »
Because I was a member on Inc. back when Old Inc. was still around. You, luckily, didn't join up until after the board revamp. Be glad you did, because Old Inc. was the stuff of nightmares. The shit that went on there is legendary (and often infamous) with the oldies on the boards now. Some of the stuff was just fucking hilarious, though:

The Discord Incident, in which one of the then-mods hacked the forum config and gave everybody mod powers. You can imagine the absolute chaos that ensued.

Favic, which I wasn't around for, was a lovely time in which the Internet's favorite little shitbag had some fun at Inc.

And then there was Bearz. A glorious, shining example of why ten-year-olds should not be allowed on the Internet (assuming he was indeed ten like he claimed, or just a master troll, we still don't know), this guy once started a "which member would you rape" thread, made some of the absolute worst sprites ever and refused to take any crit for them or make changes, turned his sprite thread into, IIRC, and eighty-something page fiasco of a thread that was moved to the Smeghead boards. Oh, and we can't forget that he was a paleontologist with an dick bigger than the Searz Tower. And he had like three alts which he used to obviously defend his base account.

That was a fun thread. I used to read it just to laugh my ass off, before Old Inc.'s domain plug got pulled.  :'(

Yeah, be glad you joined up when you did. People are much, much more civil than they used to be, and the mod selection is far better than it was. I can put up with Inc. now because Inc. isn't nearly as bad as other places and people I've run into.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1157 on: June 15, 2014, 07:12:42 PM »
Because I was a member on Inc. back when Old Inc. was still around. You, luckily, didn't join up until after the board revamp. Be glad you did, because Old Inc. was the stuff of nightmares. The shit that went on there is legendary (and often infamous) with the oldies on the boards now. Some of the stuff was just fucking hilarious, though:

The Discord Incident, in which one of the then-mods hacked the forum config and gave everybody mod powers. You can imagine the absolute chaos that ensued.

Favic, which I wasn't around for, was a lovely time in which the Internet's favorite little shitbag had some fun at Inc.

And then there was Bearz. A glorious, shining example of why ten-year-olds should not be allowed on the Internet (assuming he was indeed ten like he claimed, or just a master troll, we still don't know), this guy once started a "which member would you rape" thread, made some of the absolute worst sprites ever and refused to take any crit for them or make changes, turned his sprite thread into, IIRC, and eighty-something page fiasco of a thread that was moved to the Smeghead boards. Oh, and we can't forget that he was a paleontologist with an dick bigger than the Searz Tower. And he had like three alts which he used to obviously defend his base account.

That was a fun thread. I used to read it just to laugh my ass off, before Old Inc.'s domain plug got pulled.  :'(

Yeah, be glad you joined up when you did. People are much, much more civil than they used to be, and the mod selection is far better than it was. I can put up with Inc. now because Inc. isn't nearly as bad as other places and people I've run into.

LOL. Also, whaddya guys think of those new sprites? III FEEEEEEEEED OFF OF YOUUUUUR COMMENTSSSS. In all seriousness, I need some criticism before I do his walk animation.

Also, I was about ten when I first joined Inc. so.... I guess some people never grow up, they just learn more interesting things.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 03:01:33 PM by ZeroSaberGreen »
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1158 on: June 17, 2014, 04:40:40 AM »
Alright. But I seriously need feedback on that NES-X

Also, I realized how choppy one of my *old animations were,      *http://fav.me/d6epsd6
so I decided to remake it. The result is below.

That's pretty good. Would make a nice addition to the original game.

Again, excuse my double post, but this needs to be posted. I started goofing off in paint earlier, and this dude was born.
I put Chris there for comparison.

The proportions and stance on these look awkward.
The arms are too small.
The legs look twisted in the wrong directions.
"Stuff and things."

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1159 on: June 17, 2014, 08:22:56 AM »
Just throwing this out here:
I managed to rip Shanoa's raw Pneuma VFX using DeSmuME + GLIntercept, but sadly they're just that; raw VFX that needs to be animated using 3D transformation and layering and stuff. If anyone can replicate the animations as sprite animations, it'd be great.

...Except the Pneuma + weapon glyph union one, since that's basically just Crissaegrim all over again anyway.
(About the duplicate union sprites with an inverted palette, I dunno why it's there, but it's there.)

All rips are as-is because I was afraid I might end up screwing up some of them when assembling them.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:25:26 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1160 on: June 17, 2014, 04:44:47 PM »
+2
So, I upgraded Dracula's 2nd form from Castlevania III as pixel practice. Tried giving him a more "nightmarish" look, while maintaining the alien-ish aspect he originally had.
I know some people here are remaking Castlevania III, so you're free to use the sprite if you wish, as long as credit is given. Please keep in mind I'm not doing extra frames for him. If I do however change my mind and do some frames, I'll let the person using it know.

@VladCT: Cornell has come to a halt until I can finish some work. As you may know, I'm working on a game myself so I have little time to spend on a continuous work (like a spritesheet), and I can't simply sit to do one or two frames per day. However, I and Don are working together to bring Hector and Cornell into the fray. They haven't died.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 04:49:29 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1161 on: June 17, 2014, 04:56:18 PM »
I see, thanks for the status report.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1162 on: June 17, 2014, 05:41:34 PM »
So, I upgraded Dracula's 2nd form from Castlevania III as pixel practice. Tried giving him a more "nightmarish" look, while maintaining the alien-ish aspect he originally had.
I know some people here are remaking Castlevania III, so you're free to use the sprite if you wish, as long as credit is given. Please keep in mind I'm not doing extra frames for him. If I do however change my mind and do some frames, I'll let the person using it know.

@VladCT: Cornell has come to a halt until I can finish some work. As you may know, I'm working on a game myself so I have little time to spend on a continuous work (like a spritesheet), and I can't simply sit to do one or two frames per day. However, I and Don are working together to bring Hector and Cornell into the fray. They haven't died.

That is a fantastic sprite! I won't be using it or anything, but I think it's very well done!

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 06:14:02 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1163 on: June 17, 2014, 06:12:17 PM »
Fantastic sprite!

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1164 on: June 17, 2014, 07:56:12 PM »
Wow. NES sprites are too easy to make. I made a 100% custom Trevor in one night.

Rows go as:
1.Walking and standing
2.Standing and whipping
3.going up and down stairs
4.crouch whipping
5.crouch walking and idle crouching
6.Leather whip
7."holding up pose", Richter Belmont, and CV3 boxart sprite

EDIT: Damn, I forgot to do a 100th post special. :( That CV3 dracula is looking good.
I upgraded Richter to match his NES counterparts, as well as some other fixes.

EDIT#2: added hurt poses
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:18:14 PM by ZeroSaberGreen »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1165 on: June 18, 2014, 09:25:05 AM »

This looks pretty great.  Will you be animating it?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1166 on: June 18, 2014, 11:05:50 AM »
+2
This looks pretty great.  Will you be animating it?

There are no plans for animating it. I might consider it though, since it'd be quite a simple animation I have in mind.
Also, forgot to post this one here. An "upgrade", like this Dracula I posted.

Offline Patraw

• Dracula's door mat
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Mark's Art Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1167 on: June 18, 2014, 11:51:29 AM »
Love Death's upgraded scythes, and Dracula's 2nd form looks stellar as well!

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1168 on: June 18, 2014, 07:07:59 PM »
Did anyone else see that?

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #1169 on: June 19, 2014, 07:05:43 AM »
Did anyone else see that?

The sprites? My friends did.
If you're wondering if they were stolen, no they weren't. I'm Kradakor :P

anything