Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Now THIS is what I call a Vocal Minority  (Read 4433 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: March 07, 2012, 07:03:13 AM »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Now THIS is what I call a Vocal Minority
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »
I understand the gay backslash.
While I'm all for gay rights, it just felt.. forced. Shepard was not written gay, just like Indiana Jones was not written gay ,just like Albus Dumbledore was written gay, it's the character.

And also, the scene was TERRIBLE, the flirting was akward, the bed scene tasteless, the dialogue cringe worthy, if some boy told me that i'd punch him in the face or just hug my nearest friend and tell him he was my lovable boyfriend so for hiim to go away, it was George-Lucas-horrible, written by someone wh simply doesn't understands how IT WORKS.

It was not neccessary, it was bad developed and god it was tasteless.

And then.. this

HUGE SPOILERS but Bioware's lazyness proof
(click to show/hide)

And in greater detail.. this is beyond words...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:29:23 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:50:12 PM »
Uh...you might wanna put that pic in a spoiler tag. :-X
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 01:37:01 PM »
I haven't even played ME3, and after looking at that pic I don't want to. :p

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 02:06:09 PM »
I don't understand that last point, about that character being modeled after a transexual.  So what?  That implies that transexuals are inherently bad, or at least associates some sort of discomfort or unease with the idea.  That is just ignorance.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 04:23:53 AM »
I don't understand that last point, about that character being modeled after a transexual.  So what?  That implies that transexuals are inherently bad, or at least associates some sort of discomfort or unease with the idea.  That is just ignorance.
I don't feel anything bad with that (She's good looking) but the backslash was not only for the modelig, but the REMODELING, fans hated that  they changed Ashley from average looking actual space warrior to MILF, and now transexual :P

Everything comes full circle

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 05:08:02 AM »
Well, at the very least they didn't screw up most of the story and gameplay (i.e. the meat of the game) that much, IMO.
^^

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 09:09:32 AM »

I have to agree.
"Stuff and things."

anything