Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981039 times)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1380 on: May 25, 2015, 04:17:49 PM »
Between this and virt-sama, care to tell me next week's lotto numbers?

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

If you win anything, I call halvsies.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1381 on: May 25, 2015, 04:26:20 PM »
+2
To be fair, she's not actually part of the Castlevania series, just the successor to it. A successor of fate, if you will. So it makes sense that she's off to the side.

That she's part of the forum banner at all is kinda showing IGA that we're with him on his new venture.
And as for not being on the Floor, back in 2010 Kid Dracula was flying in that same spot.

She's not part of CV, despite how many would like her to be.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1382 on: May 25, 2015, 05:37:45 PM »
Looks like Bloodstained has overtaken Yooka-Laylee now, if the currency converter on xe is correct.

Seriously stoked to see that Ayami Kojima's on board for this.  I'm really not surprised, but still very happy about this.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 05:39:26 PM by TatteredSeraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1383 on: May 25, 2015, 08:34:19 PM »
Imagine the irony if Konami were to announce a new 2D Castlevania at E3 this year.

2D platformers don't work well on mobile :(

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1384 on: May 25, 2015, 09:30:27 PM »
imagine if the 1999 story was told in a sequel to Encore of the Night..

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #1385 on: May 25, 2015, 11:31:15 PM »
imagine if the 1999 story was told in a sequel to Encore of the Night..

I'd like to at least see their attempt on making Julius the most badass Belmont in existence.

...assuming they'd remember him...

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1386 on: May 26, 2015, 12:01:54 AM »
+2
Hey, I found another interesting interview wif Iga:

http://shmuplations.com/bloodstained/

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1387 on: May 26, 2015, 01:17:43 AM »
+1

I’ve created many game worlds in the past, but for this game, I wanted the setting to be an actual period in history, to increase the sense of realism. I wanted Bloodstained to be set in England. The story matches that locale, and it seemed like the kind of place where a demon summoning might have actually happened. I did some investigation into English history to see if there had ever been such an event.

—And did you find anything?

Igarashi: I did. In the 17th century the Laki volcano in Iceland erupted, killing 1/3 of the population in Iceland. Furthermore, the ash and sulphur dioxide from the eruption blanketed Europe, and a great many people were affected. There are a lot of legends and folklore surrounding this eruption, yet for some reason, despite the fact that 23000 people died in England, there are no such English stories about it.

A huge disaster, but no records remain… I imagined that it was actually a murderous rampage by something Inhuman, and there were people trying to cover it up. Also, there was this line I read, from a villager who lived through the eruption: “It was black as night even during the day, and the sun look red like blood.” In Bloodstained there’s a castle summoned from Hell, and that line inspired me to make the castle appear blood red to onlookers. That’s an important theme for me in this game, a stronger connection between the world of fantasy and the world of reality.

Much like how he wove the 1999 eclipse and the Nostradamus prophecies into the Demon Castle War. I like it.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1388 on: May 26, 2015, 01:50:37 AM »
Yes, more Ayami goodness. My birthday is next month, so maybe I can put a little money into Bloodstained and get it back later.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1389 on: May 26, 2015, 01:59:54 AM »
+1
Welcome to the forums BalancedHydra! :)

Sooo...why don't we have a CV Dungeon clan already? I saw it mentioned before. Do we need to petition? Twitter spam?

I mentioned it before. I think we need a twitter spam.

The Alchemist’s Treasure sleeve ($100+ tiers) will feature special cover art by Ayami Kojima.
Hahahaha! That is an effect of fan clamoring.

I learned a lot in this new article especially on stained glass making but I won't make one. haha.

Update from Bloodstained tumblr:
New Monday update!
And thanks to all the backers’ hard work, we’ve finally reached 30 backer achievements and unlocked the Basement Key! This will allow us to take our first steps into the basement and start reaching those stretch goals.
Speaking of stretch goals–we’ve also just hit the $2.75 million mark! You’ve now signed IGA up for building his biggest castle ever. This stretch goal achievement also reveals the next stretch goal down. Updated graphics coming soon!

Gebel cross stitch update: I think I might be done next week if all goes well.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:24:45 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1390 on: May 26, 2015, 03:46:09 AM »
Woohoo!  I can't wait to see it. :)
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1391 on: May 26, 2015, 04:11:05 AM »
imagine the steelbox covered by Ayami's art *drool*
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 04:21:52 AM by Dengo vlad tepes »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1392 on: May 26, 2015, 07:44:07 AM »
+2
Sooo.... Let's see if I get this straight:

"The sleeve illustrated by Kojima will be included in all Alchemist's Treasure tiers at $100+. It's an outer case that will hold the physical release (in its existing case, with backer-exclusive slipcase), the soundtrack CD, and the retro strategy booklet. It will fit snugly into the Collector's Box ($250+ tiers) which we'll talk more about later."

We'll have the game inside a normal plastic case, and that goes inside the backer exclusive slipcase, which goes inside this Ayami case, which then goes inside the "collector's box"?

I hope the collector's boxfits inside something too cause these are simply too few cases. I wanna spend at least an hour to get the disc out.
 :o
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:45:59 AM by shelverton. »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1393 on: May 26, 2015, 09:34:47 AM »
We're slowly closing in on the $2,750,000 tier for IGA's biggest castle ever. Currently at $2,720,310...

Offline DonBorrelli

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #1394 on: May 26, 2015, 09:37:40 AM »
We're slowly closing in on the $2,750,000 tier for IGA's biggest castle ever. Currently at $2,720,310...

We already got it, actually. You have to count the Paypal fundings.

Tags:

anything