Poll

Which of the castlevania series like most?

The nes series?
9 (36%)
The GBA series?
6 (24%)
The playstation series?
10 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Which of the castlevania series like most?  (Read 12685 times)

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: Which of the castlevania series like most?
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2007, 06:17:04 PM »
No, I'm not new to the series at all, and actually I do have high standards and CoD EXCEDES them because I see it for what it really is. All of you CoD haters out there just don't realize what a great game it is.

I agree COD was fantastic, don't understand all the hatin' the graphics could have been better but castlevania's never been about graphics. That second tower in the woods was major fun and I love the innocent devils. COD had an oldschool feel to it and is the most challenging castlevania I've played in awhile, you can get killed really fast if you don't know what your'e doin. The St. Germaine fight was pretty tough too, right when you think he's dead he keeps comin' back. I like the story too, (only wish we got to see more of Julia as she was crazy hot, but can't have everything), and going through the game in Trevor mode was great, He has some badass attacks.

My fav. series is probably the nes, I've played those the most and they are probably the hardest especially the first one.

Definately Playstation. SotN and Chronicles(my favorite Castlevania EVER) were incredible, and LoI(actually my second favorite CV)

I'm kind of at a loss myself to find what's so great about LOI, it's easy, you can strafe your way out of just about every attack and all the corridors look the same, not to mention I got crazy tired of fighting the bigass guy in the dungeon who gives you the black orb when you kill him. The only level that set itself apart for me from the other ones was the Theatre stage, the rest didn't look that much diff. You kill all five bosses get the vampire killer beat the vampire of the castle in an incredibly easy fight only to find out that your best friend set everything up to get his stone and he becomes dracula. I don't know that just doesn't sound like something that was very thought out, I always pictured drac making a deal with the devil or something and being the first vampire sent to earth to plague it with his kind, not one vampire who got lucky and came across a special stone and decided to give up his name and take a new one which just happened to be Vlad Tepes. That just doesn't feel right to me and I still look at Legends as the first game, and LOI like a Star Wars infinities story or something. And to top it all off, you don't even get to fight him you fight death, a henchman as the final boss fight, which is crazy easy if you use the strafe function you can dodge practically every attack except the fireball one where you have to jump to one side to avoid it, I don't know all in all I was dissappointed by it. There's some fun in it but not nearly as much as COD, I like that game much better, and if someone was gonna buy one of the PS2 one's I def. recommend that one, it really feels like a castlevania game to me and has all sorts of cool weapons to choose from like SOTN.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 06:32:06 PM by The Last Belmont »
_______________________________________ ______________

Tags:

anything