Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274290 times)

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2013, 02:24:47 PM »
No no, ABSOLUTELY go with the hammer style attack lol.  I am going to purposely make her melee attacks slower where magic is her main suit, so the hammer style would fit her perfectly!  I also like the idea darkman had, maybe with the previous one you made i could use it for a powered up version of the staff so that it pushes out some sort of projectile.  I am planning on having upgrades for all characters, not just Trevor and Alucard.  That's the one thing i didnt get about the original.  I understand that Sypha has her magic and Grant has his acrobat skills, but they definitely need some attention in the melee attack area lol.  Im sure it was just done as a balance between the characters  :P   As for the guitar Kaonstantine, start with guitar tabs.  That's the quickest and easiest way to learn if there ever was one.  I've been playing guitar for 11yrs now, so it didnt happen overnight lol.  but, i did turn out to be a musical prodigy with no clue that i would or any musical background as in family that could play anything lol.  I was playing crazy train 100% after playing for the first 2 months lol.  If you really want to get into guitar and do it well, then you HAVE to make sure you are ready to dedicate as much time to it as humanly possible....but that's AFTER you finish Sypha!  :P ;D just kiddin man.  but seriously, you gotta put the time into to it and above all, have fun with it!  Good luck man  8)

Thanks for the guitar advice, BMC. I'll try to not touch my guitar before finishing Sypha  ;D

I finally made significant progress with my inventory system, so I felt i could work on Sypha's sprite. Not sure if this is what you were thinking, but this is the move for the magic projectile attack.

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #241 on: August 20, 2013, 03:53:28 PM »
Kung fu firah! Very fluid as ever :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2013, 08:01:43 PM »
 :o
DUDE THAT LOOKS INSANE!!!!!  ;D As always you are the man Kao!  8) I am seeing both versions of the attack being put together to make one attack actually!  By any chance could you get the idle next? Im not trying to push by any means dude lol, if you can hook me up with that next i'll have enough to throw a vid together showing off your sprite in action!  That's killer your making progress with your project as well, im eager to see it dude!  Thanks again man, very very awesome work, as ALWAYS!  8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: August 22, 2013, 05:14:07 PM »
Thanks Lelygax & BMC.

idle? how is that? (excuse my english  :P)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: August 22, 2013, 07:02:42 PM »
Idle = stopped.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: August 22, 2013, 08:34:38 PM »
Idle = stopped.

Thank you, Lelygax. Mmmm how do you plan to use the idle sprite, War Machine?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #246 on: August 23, 2013, 05:38:57 AM »
Thanks for the guitar advice, BMC. I'll try to not touch my guitar before finishing Sypha  ;D

I finally made significant progress with my inventory system, so I felt i could work on Sypha's sprite. Not sure if this is what you were thinking, but this is the move for the magic projectile attack.
Dude, you are a crazy good spriter!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: August 23, 2013, 01:47:45 PM »
Thank you, Lelygax. Mmmm how do you plan to use the idle sprite, War Machine?
I was thinking something like the cloak would be moving like some light wind was blowing or maybe just an up and down like she is breathing, similar to how you see trevor and alucard when the just stand still.

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: August 24, 2013, 02:32:55 PM »
Dude, you are a crazy good spriter!

Thank you, darkmanx.

I was thinking something like the cloak would be moving like some light wind was blowing or maybe just an up and down like she is breathing, similar to how you see trevor and alucard when the just stand still.

Oh. I had the idea you want the idle sprite for the "combo" you mentioned before. Idle sprite was the first sprite I posted here:

I only need to add cloak or breathing animation to it. let me see what can i do

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: August 25, 2013, 09:42:01 AM »
Awesome!  Thanks Kaonstantine  8) Ok guys, here's the update:

All bosses completed!!!
Only stage left to add enemies to and fine tune is the Cliffside Entrance

With that im going back through and polishing up all the bugs that i can and fixing all the minor stuff that i put under the rug along the way lol.  2 days ago i finished up the item crash attacks and gave trevor his own special magic attack.  I've also overhauled the HUD, using some of the HUD from Adventure Rebirth, changed the font style of the HUD and placement, so now you have everything you need onscreen at a nice scale so nothing gets lost in the backgrounds but is still dominant enough to take notice.  I added 2 new screens to the first stage after reading a post here from a sprite ripped archive of the DS vanias so i changed things up a bit and polished a few section up a nice bit.  So with that said, a demo will be coming very, very soon!  8)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: August 26, 2013, 12:54:04 PM »
+1
 ;D Here's the demo dudes  8)

Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse fangame

There are still a few bugs i have to fix but once that's out of the way i'll have a demo up for you guys to test out  8)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:32:03 AM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: August 26, 2013, 03:10:24 PM »
Dont forget to fix Trevor position for stairs, he's not stepping right in them right now :P

Im interested in your heart marker, it glows in a beautiful way, like in some old games from SNES, its custom made?

A suggestion that I want to give is if possible, down a bit the camera for vertical areas, since as it is now we can barely see what is below us.

I've seen that you have 8-way whipping (at least I've seen you whipping upward), item crashes and  different candles for sub-weapons like in ReBirth, bravo! :D

I still need to watch the rest of the video, so expect a edit in my post.

edit: I think the axe is going very upwards, its like if Trevor is a expert baseball player right now xD

This rain at the boss fight looks strange, maybe its because of the recording, IDK.

Apart from that its VERY good. Continue the awesome work dude :P
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:55:56 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: August 26, 2013, 03:36:51 PM »
On the stairs, absolutely!  ;D And thanks for the item crash and 8 direction comment  8) As for the heart animation, nah its not custom at all man, i used the heart max up from SOTN  ;) And for the camera, i have it centering the player but i could raise it some.  I dont want to raise it too much because then you wont see much of the area above you but i can definitely tweak that part.  And please do give me an update  8) Excuse the shite quality and speed, that's all i got to work with for now lol, but i can assure you the game runs at a smooth 60fps  ;D

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: August 26, 2013, 03:57:56 PM »
Edited my post, I've not seen any speed problems, it was fine to me. This camera thing suggestion was only for vertical stages, its perfect for normal areas the way it already is. Nice, I thought it was similar to SOTN heart max up but I didnt noticed it was the same lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: August 26, 2013, 04:04:20 PM »
+1
Haha thanks dude, yeah for whatever reason the axe was working perfectly until i dropped some of my new code in there, then it just went straight....THEN when i recorded the vid after a few new lines of code it did the homerun like you mentioned lmao.  SO since it SOMEWHAT corrected itself lol i can fix it back to the way it was originally lol.  Thanks for the words dude, i appreciate it and im glad you dug it man!  For the rain, yeah it looks HORRIBLE in that recording lol, im not sure why it looks so choppy and cluttered but like i said the demo is much much smoother in gameplay.  The best thing i've found to come close to matching framerate on my laptop is microsoft encoder.  I've tried snagit, camtasia and they ALL lag bad other than the encoder.  Thanks again dude  8) Hopefully i'll have the demo ready by this weekend!

Tags: