Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Original music.  (Read 4296 times)

Offline TheMalphas

• Hunter in Training
  • Phantasmic Saturnalia!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: December 24, 2012, 06:35:54 PM »
I will post here all the original music I make, since I prefer to keep the castlevania arranges thread exclusively for the arranges.

Eve of Destruction.

First attempt of creating this song I had in mind.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrwjngkbjwzkqeu/Eve%20of%20Destruction.mp3
It's only the first part for now, but I plan to make it longer if I'm able to make it sound as I 'think' it.  What do you think?

Offline Richter Belmondo

• Crush this flea who invades my castle !
  • Hunter in Training
  • This whip is not my only weapon !
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 01:34:15 AM »
It's Very nice dude , remind me a bit of '' Proof or Blood '' in CoM or ''Red Dawn'' ,
I Think this Choir effect in background renforce this ''Heroic Impression''
By the way , i you want to add some effects later , i recommend you Reason , or ask Jorge , maybe he can help you !
Cheers , and btw , Merry Christmas !  :)

Offline TheMalphas

• Hunter in Training
  • Phantasmic Saturnalia!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 05:15:17 AM »
Thanks, any recommendation about effects would be great since I have no idea of how to use them.
Merry Christmas as well!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 12:37:24 PM »
I'LL TAKE THE CASE!

Special Effects?  I run my MIDI Compositions through Synthfont.
Synthfont is an awesome Soundfont and VST (and VSTi) MIDI Player.  You also have some cool controls over the notes and some other things.

I use a number of effects on my tunes, for example:
(VST) - BlueCat Flanger Stereo (it lets me do the flanging effects and subtle phasing effects on guitars, creating a nice effect on the background of Dracula's Tears and other tunes)
(VST) - Glaceverb (Lets me set up a virtual room for reverb, echo, etc.  with lots of control options)
(VST) - NyquistEQ5 (Lets me set up an analog equalizer that's set up dynamically, sort of like Winamp's iZotope Ozone).  It's not bar-driven.  It's frequency-driven.
(VST) - Tridirt (Lets me customize my distortions.  I use it on my guitars to make them sound different than default stock guitar samples)
(VST) - BloodOverdrive (Lets me customize my overdrive.  I often combine it with Tridirt and use it on guitars to give them a little punch)
(VST) - Karlette (Lets me set up panning, delays, and feedback to my electric instruments)

(VSTi) - Sample Tank Pro Audio (A rather large collection of customizable sound samples, with an expanding set if you can find them online.  It works with multiple MIDI channels and lets you play with many effects for each instrument.  Works best with tracks that have a single instrument, not as well with tracks that have instrument patch changes)
(VSTi) - Pro53 (Native Instruments Waveform Synthesizer - LOTS of nice waveforms and presets)
(VSTi) - DSK  (Ok, DSK has instruments all over the place with different VSTi Plugins, including:  DSK Brass, DSK Guitars Nylon, DSK Guitars Steel, DSK Overture, DSK Strings, DSK Synthopia 2, and DSK World StringZ - WAY TOO MANY PLUGINS AND SAMPLES hahaha, but when it comes to string instruments, you're covered)
(VSTi) - FM7 (Native Instruments comes through with retro synth sounds)

This, combined with my nearly ridiculously large Soundfont Archive is one of the secrets to my success. :P

ADDED: By the way, most if not all of these are free plugins.  It's just a matter of tracking them down.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 02:13:01 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline TheMalphas

• Hunter in Training
  • Phantasmic Saturnalia!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 02:00:24 PM »
Wow! This is A LOT of help! Many thanks!

Offline TheMalphas

• Hunter in Training
  • Phantasmic Saturnalia!
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 07:17:28 PM »
Tagus et Anas:
Started to play this one in my head while reading a book about Romans vs barbarians. Barbarians won in the end, though :P
Must edit the orchestral part someday >_<
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0fagdirb60i6g3/Tagus%20et%20Anas.mp3

Man of the Salmantine Cross:
Made for a story a friend made. Must SERIOUSLY fix the guitars when I learn how to (and when I get a good classical guitar plugin, the current one is regular midi)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zuprnnso8eqaxn/Man%20of%20the%20Salmantine%20Cross.mp3

The song that got me into composing. I thought I heard it somewhere but could not find it anywhere, so I made it myself!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4bu5y6r62iv4q1/Hymn.mp3
NOTE: I am still practicing with the effects... but the few ones I can handle I didn't use them in these songs yet. Still, the BloodOverdrive one is great! Thanks again!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:25:26 PM by TheMalphas »

Offline PHBelmont

• Hunter in Training
  • Simon Belmont Forever
    • My Youtube Channel (VGM)
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 08:38:58 PM »
This is Delicious!
Awesome theme! keep it up, Dude! :D
My Youtube Channel! SNES Style Remixes and MORE.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrPatoHerrera12

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 01:13:30 AM »
I have yet to listen to them, but it's pretty cool to see something like this. Not that I make any, but there are some on here, that might be able to make use of your music in their fangames / games. Maybe you should look into that.

Will listen though, when I get a chance.

EDIT: Wow, they sound damn awesome!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 01:56:21 AM by Kale »

Offline TheMalphas

• Hunter in Training
  • Phantasmic Saturnalia!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 05:43:35 AM »
I'm trying to get used to NyquistEQ5, but for now I still stick with fruitylimiter because I'm too bad at figuring out how things work, lol.
anyways, here is the next one:
Spiral Symphonic Crescendo.

This one still has some odd parts and I have to recompose it completely in order to fix it, but it will sound pretty much like this.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:45:47 AM by TheMalphas »

Tags: original music composer 

anything