Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Calling From Heaven  (Read 5354 times)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« on: March 05, 2013, 01:06:04 AM »
Eh Im surprised I havent done this one yet to be honest, but heres another song, staying on track with the Castlevania music lately, after this one, Im tempted to actually learn how to make music on my Commondore 64, the actual hardware

Castlevania Bloodlines: Calling From Heaven
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:18:56 AM by Omegasigma »
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 01:39:09 AM »
Im here tempted to end my life like all mornings before going sleep and read that title, its so tragic that makes me laugh and enlightens my day xD

Anyway, nice remix.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 08:25:43 AM »
The 2nd lead need to be toned down in volume/velocity.  It's supposed to simulate an echo effect in some of the spots.
This sounds... converted.
Some notes are off, too.  As if they went out of range on the synth.
If you're using a soundfont, whatever the lead instrument is may not have a high enough range to play some of those notes, which explains the tune playing the highest possible note, and sounding off-tune.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 09:35:37 AM »
This version you did sounds a lot like another Midi version of the same tune I had heard some time ago. At least the first few seconds of it anyways. I agree with Jorge about the echo effect and other displaced notes. Give them a fine tuning then it should sound much smoother.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 11:43:28 AM »
I beleive I used the "wingroove" midi, I could be mistaken since there is 4 different versions of this song, with varying lengs on my HDD >.> and I dont know how old this song was, since alot of data has been carried over through the years
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:52:53 PM by Omegasigma »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 06:20:39 AM »
Ahhh... I remember Wingroove.  That takes me back.
Wingroove, Yamaha XG-100, and Roland VSC carried me through those extra-poor years where I didn't have a soundcard that could handle soundfonts.
Now?  It's all software-based.  Gotta love the march of technology (that and I cannot afford a hardware rig for the sounds).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 08:29:36 AM »
yeah my midi program is a dinosaur now "AKoff Music Composer"

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 10:29:24 AM »
So is mine.  And it STILL can't do pitchbends more than two semi-tones.
It's infuriating as it's one of the few things that's stopping me from using it full-time.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 07:36:54 PM »
Im digging out a dinosaur laptop, only cause it has a similar midi chip to the genesis, so im going to experiment on that old tank, well it uses an FM Synth which does sound very genesis, so why use software when I got the hardware here
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:13:55 PM by Omegasigma »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 09:08:05 PM »
FM-Synthesis.  Man, that takes me back.
The OPL-2 and OPL-3 used to do that.

You can get synths that do that now though.

You can also just use FMMIDI:
FMMIDI

Will post some results later. :D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:15:47 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 09:10:39 AM »
nice, im also very tempted to bring my old commodore 64 out and learn how to make Mid files for it

Tags: music 

anything