Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Skin Condition Troubles  (Read 7995 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: August 27, 2013, 05:27:43 AM »
Sorry to vent out here but my rosacea/dermatitis/acne is killing my face!
It is so itchy and red and there seems to be no end to this suffering....
I do have a dermatologist, had lots of medicines (they do not come cheap), but these things just appear on and off.
The acne is treated but it makes my rosacea worse, then dermatitis comes into play... then it starts with acne again... argh.

Plus I am so sensitive to the heat and sunlight and I'm living in a really polluted city whose temperature hits the mid-30s to 40 degrees Celsius, thus, making my condition worse.  :'( And I can't always be in an airconditioned room 24/7.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 02:13:14 PM »
+1
I used to have problems with acne when I was in 7th grade and it lasted for many years.
Other girls used to make fun of that (I already was the "weird" girl who did "rare" things, so anything was a good excuse for calling me names).
Don't let that get in the way of your self-esteem. I don't recall the cream my dermatologist gave me, but it worked, eventually, after some time (months, maybe more than a year, I don't remember exactly).
For the rosacea you can use a product called Red Face, from Giscard laboratories. I have a friend who uses it, and since it's a natural product, it's very good and it helped her a lot.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 07:03:15 PM »
+1
Sorry about your condition Shiroi, it sounds pretty painful. I hope your medicine starts working better and it clears up soon.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 08:09:57 PM »
+1
Moving to a new place less polluted is a option? I think that it will be less expensive in a long-term if its so bad like that :-/
Good luck with this, I expect you to be better and dont need to do any drastic choice like that. Try to warn your dermatologist that these medicines arent working.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 10:53:31 PM »
+2
Thanks guys.

Pfil: It does not get in the way of my self esteem. I just hate the annoying itchy, dry skin peppered with adult acne, which makes it difficult to use creams which may cause blackheads and make my acne worse.

Ratty: Rosacea is a lifetime condition. I just hope that the medicines minimize its symptoms.

Lely: I am born a city girl, I can never leave the city, I love the city life, the pollution just sucks. I am in constant touch with my dermatologist.

I just finished talking to my derma and I would have to buy medicines again...

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 11:05:24 PM »
Thanks guys.

Pfil: It does not get in the way of my self esteem.
I'm glad to know it. Really. I suffered severe problems of self esteem when I was younger. Luckily, now feel better in that aspect.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 03:39:46 AM »
Ratty: Rosacea is a lifetime condition. I just hope that the medicines minimize its symptoms.

Ouch, well I hope the medicine helps minimize the symptoms to, and that it keeps getting more and more effective for you through the years.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 05:32:04 AM »
My skin seems like peeling right now... so itchy... must not touch it.... Anyway, that means it is healing.
Its so hot right now....43 degrees Celsius at night! Damn!
I just have to grin and bear the itch.  :'(

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 07:09:12 AM »
+1
My skin seems like peeling right now... so itchy... must not touch it.... Anyway, that means it is healing.
Its so hot right now....43 degrees Celsius at night! Damn!
I just have to grin and bear the itch.  :'(

That sucks, I have trouble just doing anything at higher temperatures. Skin peeling reminds me of guy I knew in high school who's lips peeled all the time because he had acne so bad he had to jump through a lot of hoops to get this prescription medication which iirc caused mental problems (depression, maybe even an increased risk of suicide or dementia or something like that, can't remember exactly) in a lot of people. Cleared up his acne though. But I'm glad to hear you're healing, I hope it cools down there soon to.

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 03:30:15 PM »
+1
I feel your pain Shiroi, suffering from the same conditions myself. What worked better than any prescription I ever received for acne & especially Rosacea was LUSH brand cosmetics applied with a Clarisonic Spin Brush.

LUSH is all natural, handmade fresh in small batches, and cruelty free. I like the Fresh Farmacy Bar & the Celestial moisturizer, though be careful about storing the bar-I left mine in the shower & the exterior dried out after about 2 months (I just scraped it off, but still). I've heard great things about their Aqua Marina seaweed cleanser, so I was thinking of trying it soon. They serve several countries world wide, just click on your nationality when you enter their site.

The Clarisinic Spin Brush brings all the bacteria, oils & dead skin deep within pores to the surface, so the acne MAY get worse initially, but will clear after a week or so. That's what most call the "purge phase". I ordered mine in mid April from Sephora (I like to build up my beauty bank points with them for free items), but they're sold all over, so I'm sure you can find a reputable site that sells them.

I swear by both & have noticed a marked improvement since I started using them.

www.lush.com
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 03:32:34 PM »
I just can't stand very hot summers, all the time, unless I'm on the water, is completely unbearable.
I hope winter comes soon where you live, I know how it is to endure long summers.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 03:54:31 PM »
+1
That suck and man it's hot over here in california as well. I heard from an acquaintance after tennis an hour ago that it going well into the 90's maybe 100's today. I tend to get really irritated, even borderline angry if someone says something stupid. Hell I remember when I was in football pads doing this stuff you can eff yourself up if your not careful.

The problem with my skin are stretch marks. 
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 02:03:56 AM »
I live in a tropical country, so that means no winters!  :'(
I'm just hoping the cold northern winds hit my country by December/January to bring the temperature down a bit.

Laina: Ooohhh.. I know Lush! I am not sure if my sensitive skin could stand perfumes and I don't know if it will dry out my already dry skin even more...
I am using Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser as recommended by my dermatologist.

Neobelmont: Yup, the heat can easily make one irritable.
Stretch marks, I also have them ever since I've gained weight. I think it is also hereditary, my mom has a lot of them on her belly due to pregnancy.

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 09:08:56 AM »
Laina: Ooohhh.. I know Lush! I am not sure if my sensitive skin could stand perfumes and I don't know if it will dry out my already dry skin even more...
I am using Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser as recommended by my dermatologist.

No worries, they make perfectly perfume free products & have many options aimed at sensitive skin. I suggest browsing the site to see what they offer-they have a lot of good products aimed at sensitive skin (the ones I mentioned are just that, aimed at us sensitive skinned folks). The Celestial moisturizer I spoke of is HEAVENLY, I have never used a gentler product in my life.

I've heard Cetaphil suggested when reading articles online regarding rosacea, I may give it a go when my current cleanser runs out. My experience with dermatologists has been less than stellar-I was point blank told by one "medicines for this condition do next to nothing, just learn to deal with it unless you can afford IPL (intense pulse light) laser treatment". Best of luck to you with your treatment regimen!
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 03:45:56 PM »
Yup, the heat can easily make one irritable.
I know... :(
Especially when you have annoying people near you.

Tags:

anything