Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The State of the Dungeon Thread  (Read 2571 times)

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: December 10, 2013, 02:00:05 PM »
+2
The Castlevania Dungeon Forums has long been one of the most populated CV discussion hubs, and yet its own mother website hasn't received a main update since June 2012. And what with all this talk of "ultimate Castlevania compendiums" we've been hearing recently, I'm hoping some of us might be motivated enough to put the Dungeon back into shape.

Of course, I'm not as well-informed of the inner goings-on of this site as others might be, but I still think it just might be time to bring a "state of the Dungeon" thread back to life, where current work and future projects can be detailed and logged for common use. And while I'm aware that breathing life into a site such as this constitutes a more daunting task than one might think, we have no shortage of willing souls wandering across our forum's lonely corridors -- I'm sure many of us could spare the time and effort needed to make the Dungeons an even more worthwhile place to visit.

We can start as slowly as we like -- there's no true rush in this matter. But I do think it's high time, among other things, for Lords of Shadow to receive its proper page, instead of borrowing that same "Rebirth" logo Harmony of Dissonance is also assorted with.  ;D

Let me know what you think.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 02:46:13 PM »
One of the problems is that Castlevania itself hasn't been doing so well as of late. Lords of Shadow and its spinoffs are the only things we've had recently, and those haven't been particularly well-received. It'll take something a lil' bigger to put the spark back in the main site, IMO.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 10:06:48 PM »
+1
And also, if I am not mistaken, the coding of the main site has some problems.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 11:03:26 PM »
+1
It was an issue brought up before that the main site was becoming stagnant. That's when one of the dungeonites volunteered to help out with the CV what's new section. But that hasn't moved forward since 2012. The site itself needs much more then a fresh coat of paint. It needs to be reVamped. The problem is not many here know about how to maintain or upgrade the site (especially me ;D) and many more just don't have that kind of time either.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 11:05:35 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 10:21:49 AM »
I'm not suggesting a complete and immediate revamp of the entire website -- I was only proposing that we restore the site to a point where it no longer suffers from a year and a half of inactivity. And while I'm not aware of the specific coding problems the website could present, I don't think that a major coding overhaul is necessary for adding in a few images and a few lines of text. I doubt that a minor "what's new" update at every game launch could become such a difficult task, especially if we put all of our minds to it.

To put it differently, if we don't even try to do anything, then of course nothing will happen. We don't immediately have to aim for the Dungeon 2.0, but we can certainly strive for one that's, well, up to date.  ;)
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Tags:

anything