Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Calling for Satoe Terashima Tidbits  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« on: November 10, 2014, 05:19:29 AM »
Hey guys. You may or may not know I write for a online outlet that focuses on game music, chiptunes, demoscene and the like. I'm trying to do a spotlight on Satoe Terashima, as she doesn't get nearly enough credit for the contributions she's had to Castlevania or other series like The Goonies. Problem is, she's also rather elusive and there isn't much info about her. However, that's something I'll have to continue looking into to see what I can find other than "She did X....we think."

Does anyone know of any images of her? I can't find much of anything except stuff for Yamashita and Yamane.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 05:21:40 AM »
This is the Bloody Tears composer, correct?
I will see if I can find any info.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 07:54:47 AM »
She also worked on Simon's Quest, yeah. However I'm not sure if it was her is Kenichi Matsubara who actually got credit for composing Bloody Tears.

Terashima as far as I've determined is credited with creating Vampire Killer, though.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 10:46:14 PM »
http://legacymusichour.blogspot.com.br/2011/07/legacy-music-hour-episode-36-kinuyo.html

"Kinuyo Yamashita: Terashima-san composed Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 6, and Ending.  I composed Stage 3, Stage 4, Stage 5, Boss, Dracula, and Dracula 2."

Aliases:
S. Terashima
Heavymeta Satoe
Brilliant Satoe
Drum Terashima

Sorry, lack of japanese knowledge only gets in my way, I dont think that I can find something else than that. Konami calling 2 different people by the same alias "James Banana" doesnt help either.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 04:33:58 PM »
Thanks!

I've tried getting ahold of Konami about any information, but they never replied. I think I'm going to end up with bupkis. =/

Tags: