Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania 1999 DCW is complete!  (Read 11804 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2015, 06:24:47 PM »

Weren't we all saying, "Use it, but credit me," or am I misunderstanding how stuff works?  I guess those quotes would only be seen if someone thinking to use them spent some time reading that thread or searching for the owner of a particular sprite?  (Though it does just seem like common sense [however uncommon it actually is] and proper etiquette to do such a search.)

Maybe from here on out we could/should some sort of "tag"...well I guess that wouldn't work either.  I was gonna say have a line saying, "Do not use" or "Use with permission" or whatever by the sprites (not a watermark...just with the sprite when we post) but it would have the same problem...someone would have to search to find them.  Google could (I guess) bring up the image without said line to inform them.

That's what I was thinking too Android.

That's a damn good idea about tagging though.

From here on if you leave a note on your contest entry if a particular sprite is open-source I will at least add it to the Sprite Bestiary.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Ericard

Re: Castlevania 1999 DCW is complete!
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2015, 06:25:52 PM »
Again, sorry theplottwist. Since the sprite is being used, it could not be change anymore. And to dear admin, this is my first time facing the copyright of sprite issue, and I hope you can understand that this sprite is not used to be harm, but just for making the game. If all sprite is illegal to be used, there will be no castlevania fan made game to be done until now. Again,  I observe that your sprite(plottwist) is only permanent for this game. I've seen alot of mod was done by other author, but they disgracefully didn't credit the game to the author of the sprite maker characters. One more, dear administrator, if you willing to sentence my account here, you may pleased.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2015, 06:44:43 PM »
That seems like a good idea, darkman-thank you.

Ericard, look, I'm sorry, but if plot twist doesn't want his sprite to be used, *it will not be used.* I'm going to have to remove the links to your game and lock the thread. Anyone here, please PM me if you have any more questions.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44