Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: SOTN Saturn Developer Notes and more.  (Read 11613 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« on: March 25, 2013, 05:17:59 PM »
+3
http://tcrf.net/Akumajou_Dracula_X:_Gekka_no_Yasoukyoku_(Saturn)/Developer_Notes

They said things about Dark Maria unused sprites (possible planned for the unused ending) there and some other things, its not new but I dont think that everyone knows about that article.

Also someone else thinks that Unknown Song would be used in the ending? I think so because another MetroidVanias have happy musics at the ending and because they dont used any track in this part.
http://tcrf.net/Castlevania:_Symphony_of_the_Night_(PlayStation)#Unknown_Song

edit: http://tcrf.net/Castlevania:_Order_of_Ecclesia
Also this dialogues are quite interesting, these dialogues from Laura the Jeweler shows that they possibly would elevate the use of DS's calendar to a new level. Maybe some enemies, items or missions only appeared at the right day? Or maybe "luck boosts"?

When I beat OoE I felt as if this game have been rushed, since it have one of the worst endings IMO (not because of the tragedy, its just plain bad if compared with others CVs with a story), these unused dialogues shows to me that it could be a game with a lot more of content.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:40:24 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: SOTN Saturn Developer Notes and more.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 06:04:07 AM »
I wonder if the sprites for Dark Maria are hidden somwhere in the game's code? I want to see them!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 07:21:10 AM »
Interesting, i didn't knew most of them.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 09:20:13 AM »
That unknown song makes me think of Zelda. Or Moomin.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 10:28:59 PM »
I've only discovered this site because of a commentary that VladCT did about it in another topic. These things are really obscure. In this site you can discover things about another games too, so I recommend a visit.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 01:40:48 AM »
yes. that site is a mine of information.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 02:50:53 AM »
That unknown song makes me think of Zelda. Or Moomin.

Off Topic:
Moomin would - if done right - make a bloody brilliant and epic Zeldaesqe action/adventure game. There's a melancholy in the characters and the moomin world that could translate into pretty much the greatest thing ever. I can't believe the licence has only been used for worthless crap when there's so much potential. The game could have a pretty whimsical and artsy tone, but also serious and dark, much like the books. I'd play it.

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 04:24:58 AM »
When I beat OoE I felt as if this game have been rushed, since it have one of the worst endings IMO (not because of the tragedy, its just plain bad if compared with others CVs with a story), these unused dialogues shows to me that it could be a game with a lot more of content.

OoE was planned originally to the PSP. with the same engine of DXC. i never understood why konami or IGA decided to put OoE in the DS.leaving the incomplete game feeling.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 04:40:12 AM »
Its like the rumor of Harmony of Dissonance being originally planned for a home console instead of a portabçe?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 04:44:05 AM »
+1
OoE was planned originally to the PSP. with the same engine of DXC. i never understood why konami or IGA decided to put OoE in the DS.leaving the incomplete game feeling.

Is there a source on this somewhere?

I don't know if things would've different had the game been on PSP. They could've done something about the ending anyway (it's not like they ran out of space on the DS cart, is it? If we're only talking about some unused dialogue to fix the ending). Putting the game on the PSP is no guarentee the ending would've been different. And the DXC engine was meh, IMO. But I can see why it would've been a good fit since Ecclesia opts for a darker, less cartoony feel than Dawn or Portrair.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 05:53:20 AM »
+1

Yeah, that's the first time i heard this one, so a little proof would be welcome.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 08:47:21 AM »
+1
Someone knew that we can talk with the cats in OoE? I discovered it now in a video, you need to use that cat woman transformation glyph.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 01:02:35 AM »
+1
Maybe I should write a fanfic about this.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 03:02:32 AM »
+1
Maybe I should write a fanfic about this.

and include a Gunlord cameo. prunyuu~

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 08:04:03 PM »
I knew about it. They don't really say much. I learned about it when I was trying to kill them as cat demon lady.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com