Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: question about ayami Kojima and her way of business  (Read 4876 times)

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
question about ayami Kojima and her way of business
« on: February 26, 2012, 06:08:59 PM »
GOD I miss her castlevania artwork!!!! Im really getting desperate of not witnessing anything new.

Seriouosly, Im thinking of raising enough money to make special requests from her if that would be possible.. Does she work for private requests or is she only active within companies?

I know its kinda silly question, but Im really curious!

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: question about ayami Kojima and her way of business
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 03:14:19 PM »
She still illustrates novels, if Amazon Japan is anything to go by.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 03:22:01 PM »
Also how can she half-ass HoDespair to amazing proportions and then go on to make something as beautifully awesome as that cover.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 06:33:33 PM »
Call me crazy but I want to watch an animated movie with her kind of artistic talent.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 09:34:18 PM »
I gotta say I agree with pretty much everything in this thread so far. Especially that HoD deal. But HoD is acceptable giver the record.

I doubt someone like that takes private requests. The biggest problem is time and not so much lack of interest in private offers. Unless you can pay a high enough amount to cover what an artist of that caliber generally makes keep dreaming  :(

But I would love to see more also. Who is currently handling the artwork for the series? I lost interest in a couple of the last titles and have only been following the portables but not with as much detail as I previous had. OOE kind of lost me. Most of the game was great but it was I don't know weird to play. I got as far as the glyph you gotta grab while on the ledge with the wind the one that lets you fly or whatever. I couldn't manage to grab it and it pissed me off enough that I tried cheating to get the relic so I could move on and that corrupted my game lol. that cheaters never win! statement came back and bit me right in the ass haha.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 11:13:36 PM »
José Luis Vaello Bertolm was LoS' art director
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 02:25:40 AM »
Call me crazy but I want to watch an animated movie with her kind of artistic talent.

The budget would probably have to be over 1 billion dollars to get that level of detail on animation  ;)

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 06:35:54 AM »
Right a single image is one things but animating something with that kind of detail would take an insane amount of work. I wonder if it would even be possible to do really considering the amount of effort that would go into each frame.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 10:41:59 PM »
Oh it's possible. It would just take a big team of talented people who are able to follow her direction and contribute to all of the frames. I like to think that anything is possible.

A whole movie in that art style would be sick. I could more likely see it in small cinema's or shorts.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 05:03:02 PM »
She still illustrates novels, if Amazon Japan is anything to go by.

That's some seriously badass artwork! As for a animated movie it wouldnt be so far fetched..look at Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, that anime was beautiful....

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 02:14:59 AM »
Does anyone know how to contact Kojima? I remember someone sending an email to either Kojima or Yamane and they got a bit of an engrish reply, lol. 

Tags:

anything