Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 983249 times)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3285 on: May 21, 2018, 03:55:10 AM »
+1
(I got this from your harassment on FFXV when it was first launched, and was raining on my fujoshi happiness, but whatever)

Side/ Lighter note: I'm happy that one Dungeonite shares my undying love of XV. Gamer-gods bless you Shiroi :)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3286 on: May 21, 2018, 05:04:27 PM »
When those things happen, don't respond to the haters. But you respond, and that's when shit starts.
I know you are a super feminist and want to say what you want and prove your point but sometimes your point is not quite on point and people hate that (I got this from your harassment on FFXV when it was first launched, and was raining on my fujoshi happiness, but whatever), so just don't respond and the issue quiets down on its own.

the thing is, this forum doesn't even have adequate moderation.    people can attack, ridicule and disrespect and forum member, but getting their own medicine in defense, is not allowed?

that isn't justified and just encourages punks to get away with being cyberbullies on the forum. such one sided abuse is uncalled for.  Im not sure what I said about FFXV in relation to someone liking the game, maybe they were offended by my criticisms towards the game and its blatant misogyny (the movie as well).  when the sexism and misogynistic exclusion of strong female leads in the story and game are good reasons to bash and criticize the game, whether someone is a feminist or not.    now if people mistaken that as personal attacks, that's their own mistake.  bashing a game, and bashing people that like it, are two different things.

I'm very opinionated, but I sure dont carry resentment towards anyone over to new topics, but haters here sure like to have a grudge, prick, troll and harrass at anything a poster they dont like says afterwards, even if its on a completely different topic. 

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3287 on: May 21, 2018, 06:11:21 PM »
+1

that isn't justified and just encourages punks to get away with being cyberbullies on the forum. such one sided abuse is uncalled for.  Im not sure what I said about FFXV in relation to someone liking the game, maybe they were offended by my criticisms towards the game and its blatant misogyny (the movie as well).  when the sexism and misogynistic exclusion of strong female leads in the story and game are good reasons to bash and criticize the game, whether someone is a feminist or not.    now if people mistaken that as personal attacks, that's their own mistake.  bashing a game, and bashing people that like it, are two different things.

Bare in mind this is directed at your opinion of XV, not at yourself. The problem I have with XV = sexist opinion is threefold. One, the only stereotypical brute of the 4 main characters in the game is Gladio, there aren't 4 conans in the game rippling with muscle. Two, Luna had a very prominent role in the main story (and for a side character did Aranea to some extent). Three, for the last 6 years prior to FFXV, it was all about XIII, XIII-2 and XIII-3, all main console games that held down the franchise - whether people liked it or not - and featured 2 strong female lead roles.. Hell Serah was a stronger character than Noel was (and XIII-2 only had two playable characters for the most part).

You see, you're pointing out 'all things bad', but I never hear people in general state the opposite about the same franchises who have indeed catered to a multi-gendered audience with strong female protagonists. FF has done it for many years and it kept their franchise going. Castlevania did it with Sonia and Shanoa. Bloodstained has done it with Miriam as the lead protagonist. However, when one thing doesn't follow this trend, some people will still cry sexism and that's not right, because that sort of remark lacks context. However, don't feel obligated to comment - my intention is not to shift people's beliefs, though I will call people out if I don't believe their concerns or points are valid.

Note this part of the comment is directed to all Dungeonite and readers:
The point being if every game and piece of pop culture had a female lead, feminists would be content. However, this wouldn't be equality, because that would mean 50% of all lead roles should go to women and the other 50% should go to men. In my opinion, this is the issue with extremists and extremist opinions, their stance takes one example of anything and claim it's being prejudiced or biased or excluding a certain group of individuals... My opinion is that extremists actually want all the scales tipped their way, but they mask that opinion by playing the equality card, as if 'their faction' is somehow handicapped. I don't like this, it's grimy and underhanded to me, again, this is my opinion that nobody needs to justify. The difference with people like me is I have opinions, fucking strong ones at that, but the difference with me is that I don't make excuses for the opinions I have, I use logic, deduction and what is either fact or material. I don't worry about the absence of something and I look at what is. If I can appreciate that then I do, if I can't them I move on.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3288 on: May 21, 2018, 07:23:57 PM »
A mod can remove comments upon request.
I'm not sure members can delete their own comments but if they could, it'd be on the upper right of your comment on a little thingie that says "Remove".  I think we disabled it so that it doesn't look like people ninja-edit-deleted wrongful comments (sort of a wall of shame).
Removed comments go to the Library Archives anyway.

Did you need a post deleted?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3289 on: May 21, 2018, 07:33:00 PM »
+1
@Jorge: I already removed his double post.

@affinity: FFXV was supposed to be a spinoff of FFXIII. 13 got the female lead (lightning) and 15 got the male lead (noctis). It just so happen that development hell delayed one game. Learn the circumstances that led to something, before bashing. Oh and for the movie, would Lena Headey agree to play a weak female?

@Zangetsu: Thanks for defending FFXV. I love it to bits. I have a lot of merch at home to prove it. Send me a PM if you have more questions on FFXV. I'm happy to gush over that game anytime.
Luna is strong. She's dying for god's sake that's why she looks weak. Why do some people need in your face explanations when the game explicitly connotes that though? Hmmm... to further clarify, Luna = Sara (CVLOI). She's not onscreen much but she's super important.

As for the feminist argument. True feminism is gender equality. Extremist Feminism is women is better than men. What do i like, true equality. Well, this is my opinion, don't bother replying to it.

Now back to the topic, there are several gaming publications excited for CotM. I hope another IGA interview surfaces. I swear hunting for IGA interviews is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Little Iga stuff here, but a lot of IntiCreates insights.
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/bloodstained-curse-of-the-moon-could-be-best-modern-castlevania-game-bitsummit

Whooooooot!
AND The PS4 Trophy List is out!!! Spoilers obviously. I'm reading it anyway.
https://www.exophase.com/game/bloodstained-curse-of-the-moon-psn/trophies/
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 08:32:32 PM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3290 on: May 21, 2018, 11:18:56 PM »
+1
Did you need a post deleted?

Thanks Jorge, I was on my phone and somehow got a double-post, but Shiroi removed it.

@Jorge: I already removed his double post.

Thank you Shiroi.

FFXV was supposed to be a spinoff of FFXIII. 13 got the female lead (lightning) and 15 got the male lead (noctis). It just so happen that development hell delayed one game. Learn the circumstances that led to something, before bashing. Oh and for the movie, would Lena Headey agree to play a weak female?

On top of all of this. The initial trailer had Lightning in the throne room of Valhalla (I think) speaking to "Divine Etro", the Goddess. (Please no spoiler-related comments as I'm still encroaching on the end of XIII-2)

@Zangetsu: Thanks for defending FFXV. I love it to bits. I have a lot of merch at home to prove it. Send me a PM if you have more questions on FFXV. I'm happy to gush over that game anytime.
Luna is strong. She's dying for god's sake that's why she looks weak. Why do some people need in your face explanations when the game explicitly connotes that though? Hmmm... to further clarify, Luna = Sara (CVLOI). She's not onscreen much but she's super important.

I do as well. Even though I've loved a lot of FF games, I have to say that I've never put as many hours as I have into FFXV.
Even though I disliked the Altissia part with Leviathan (the quests were great though), the cutscene with Luna saying goodbye to Noctis had me well up. Luna is basically the strong and pure qualities everyone wants to have embodied in one person in XV's universe.

As for the feminist argument. True feminism is gender equality. Extremist Feminism is women is better than men. What do i like, true equality.

Thank you.. Someone gets it.

Now back to the topic, there are several gaming publications excited for CotM.

I'm getting this on day one, hopefully the Australian e-shop doesn't suck and gets it straight away.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3291 on: May 22, 2018, 03:26:11 AM »
@zangetsu: Aussies get PSN updates first, then Asia, Europe and US (based on my experience stalking reddit for FFXV updates). I'm sure it will be the same for all, unless they decide to open it on all regions at once.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3292 on: May 22, 2018, 04:01:57 AM »
@zangetsu: Aussies get PSN updates first, then Asia, Europe and US (based on my experience stalking reddit for FFXV updates). I'm sure it will be the same for all, unless they decide to open it on all regions at once.

Cool, I'm undecided whether to go Switch though. I've got my smart tv hooked up to it and the portability is a nice option.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3293 on: May 22, 2018, 09:52:04 AM »
@Jorge: I already removed her double post.

fixed that for you. obviously you dont like me and want to get on my nerves.

anyways since Friday the 13th the game surprisingly is adding its engine update, adding new content, playable counselor and more this thurs, I'm changing my plans of withholding renewing PS+ until August (which is when the rumored Rinoa might be playable in Dissidia NT) , to the 24th of May, which I think is when COTM releases, so Im in no rush to play COTM.    I got H1Z1 and F13th to play ,  so inbetween that stuff I'll check up on COTM videos and what it offers.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3294 on: May 23, 2018, 03:12:15 PM »
I just seen a full japanese playthrough of  Bloodstained COTM.  skimmed through most of it, think saw every boss, though must say they really crafted a retro masterpiece with its overall gameplay and level design and boss fight designs as well!   would be amazing if those enemies and bosses are carried over to ROTN, though I think some or most might be COTM exclusive.  though even if they carried them all over, its possible they wouldnt even fill half of the bestiary and boss fights ROTN could have, so there would still be more new than familiar things found in ROTN, having the largest castle ever and all and developed much longer.  ;D
plus COTM fans would like to see their favorite COTM enemies and bosses in 3D.

well Im considering getting a PSN card to get it, though still gonna research further.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:14:12 PM by affinity »

Offline Zargon

• Hunter in Training
  • Its up to you!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3295 on: May 23, 2018, 04:32:31 PM »
I just seen a full japanese playthrough of  Bloodstained COTM.  skimmed through most of it, think saw every boss, though must say they really crafted a retro masterpiece with its overall gameplay and level design and boss fight designs as well!   would be amazing if those enemies and bosses are carried over to ROTN, though I think some or most might be COTM exclusive.  though even if they carried them all over, its possible they wouldnt even fill half of the bestiary and boss fights ROTN could have, so there would still be more new than familiar things found in ROTN, having the largest castle ever and all and developed much longer.  ;D

well Im considering getting a PSN card to get it, though still gonna research further.

Yeah its up on the japanese switch e-shop apparently. How many levels are there?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3296 on: May 23, 2018, 05:33:58 PM »
Yeah its up on the japanese switch e-shop apparently. How many levels are there?

8 levels based on the PS4 trophy list.
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7666-bloodstained-curse-of-the-moon

Boss list for those who want to see.
http://curseofthemoon.com/en/boss/
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 05:53:05 PM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #3297 on: May 23, 2018, 05:57:34 PM »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3298 on: May 23, 2018, 06:34:51 PM »

One thing we know for sure is that the Vepar boss in RotN doesn't appear in CotM as a boss. So, I'm interested which bosses carry over (like Bloodless) and what completely new bosses we'll see in RotN.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3299 on: May 23, 2018, 08:00:45 PM »
Temporary steam keys are now available for curse of the moon if you are a backer. Check your survey page. Apparently something got fucked up and backers will receive their console code sometime before June 8th. I beat the first two levels and the game seems really good so far if you enjoy classicvania as I do.

Tags: