Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anybody beaten VS Castlevania?  (Read 6381 times)

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« on: November 17, 2007, 01:08:52 AM »
Man this one's tough, I've never killed death, taking away that 4th hit really makes it near impossible. Just curious to see if anybodies managed to finish it. If I could just get past death I'm sure I could do it as drac was always pretty easy for me. :)
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
Re: Anybody beaten VS Castlevania?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 07:17:31 AM »
Uhm...yes..with a sufficient quantity of money and consiredable free time you can do it...

I finished it with 15$mx (1$=3 lifes) in about...one and half hour..

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 08:33:31 AM »
I've beaten the original CastleVania...never did come in contact with VS., though...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 04:44:25 PM »
Uhm...yes..with a sufficient quantity of money and consiredable free time you can do it...

I finished it with 15$mx (1$=3 lifes) in about...one and half hour..

What subweapon did you use for the death fight? I always have trouble finding II and III stones in his level in vs for some reason, if I could just throw multiple subweapons like I do in the nes version it wouldn't be that bad.  :)

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 12:20:26 AM »
In Reply To #4

There's one in the 2nd part of the level after you get past the first two Axe Knights and climb the stairs. Move past the couple red skeletons and on the opposite side of the wall on your left (right before all the electronic equipment) there's a Double or Triple Shot. You can also, if you're in the last part of the level before death, hit those two red skeletons that are around before you go up the stairs to the final hall before Death repeatedly (probably about 7-10 times) and the next candle you hit should yield a Shot multiplier.

I've played the game, but I can't seem to get by the 3rd level. That one's tough as nails!

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 04:34:48 AM »
In Reply To #4

There's one in the 2nd part of the level after you get past the first two Axe Knights and climb the stairs. Move past the couple red skeletons and on the opposite side of the wall on your left (right before all the electronic equipment) there's a Double or Triple Shot. You can also, if you're in the last part of the level before death, hit those two red skeletons that are around before you go up the stairs to the final hall before Death repeatedly (probably about 7-10 times) and the next candle you hit should yield a Shot multiplier.

I've played the game, but I can't seem to get by the 3rd level. That one's tough as nails!

Thank you, I didn't know about the one hidden in the wall or the skeleton method.  :)

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 08:25:09 AM »
In Reply To #4

Ever used axe with Death...try to no die until you reach :/ hard...but the batttle will be easier...

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 08:41:10 AM »
In Reply To #7

I've always found the Boomerang easier to use against him and the Axe is my absolute favorite weapon.  :-\ For whatever reason, I can never seem to pull off a victory against Death using it.

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 08:45:01 AM »
Oh, axe is my best friend in most CV's...another reason, for me it's hard use the cross with death...

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 08:49:01 AM »
...holy water trick...  :'(
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 05:48:06 PM »
Oh, axe is my best friend in most CV's...another reason, for me it's hard use the cross with death...

Yeah I generally fail if I try to use the cross too unless I have a triple shot, thanks for the tip, I have used an axe on him a few times I love it too, it's very helpful at killing the little sythes that come at you,especially when they come at you from directly overhead, generally if I can make it to him with an axe and a triple shot I normally can pull off a victory pretty easily, though you can only use it on your first go at him cuz there's no axes to be found in that last area. Holy water's good if you can hit him while he's hovering right above the ground and keep chucking them at him to freeze him there while you whip him and kill the little sythes, though it's very hard to do. I'll give vs another shot now that I know how to get a double and triple shot easily. :)

Tags: