Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848481 times)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1605 on: May 30, 2012, 02:54:25 PM »

It can not only be done, but done very well. Try playing Bloodrayne Betrayal. Deep combat system, with plenty of old school platforming.
Oh, I don't like that game and disagree that it combined them well.

I never said they had to stick to the original mechanics either lol. I like Shinobi for PS2 since it pulls off a vastly different combat from older titles in its series, and combines it gracefully with platforming and flow.

ofc that type of gameplay wouldnt even fit castlevania but i am just sayin
i like things
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:04:15 PM by thernz »

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1606 on: May 30, 2012, 02:58:20 PM »
+2
i mean it's cool that some wanted more and more rinse and repeat copy and paste adventures by IGA but some of us don't.

Mercury Steam while not the most popular talking point actually made a competent Castlevania in 3d and that's more than you can say for Iga's 3D adventures. ( sure it had nice music and it followed the original story but man did it look lazy)....

For fans that praise classic castlevania games a lot of people sure like hating on a game that brings a whip back to the main character and has you trek your way to the castle instead of starting in it.

It's not perfect, and sure no one loves rebooted storylines but the problem was IGA's games weren't selling anymore, and sure this team could have finished off where he left off but I'm sure they felt making their take on a franchise that is already way crowded would be a more fulfilling experience. I'm sure as hell much more excited now because i have no idea what to expect.

I mean for shits sake Mirror of Fate looks more creative than any of Iga's 2d castlevanias. 4 characters and they go through different time periods ( different appearances of the castle).... Sounds like a pretty hardworking team.

Don't get me wrong, while I think Iga's games got more ridiculous as time went on I was still interested to see what the 1999 game would be like. However, now I'm interested to see what the future holds for this series, and the ending scene of LOS definitely had me excited for its future....

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1607 on: May 30, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »
+1
As did those of us who participating in the polls they arranged, the feedback of which I'm sure they considered in the new games.
This is a bad thing, why?
I didn't say that.I'm glad they're taking into consideration our opinions, but that idea he came up with is bad, and considering how bad it is,  i was trying  to be funny. i guess i didn't know how to express it well in my comment.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:32:27 PM by Odile Kuronuma »

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1608 on: May 30, 2012, 03:08:53 PM »
I didn't say that.I'm glad they're taking into consideration our opinions, but that idea he came up with is bad, and considering how bad it is,  i was trying to to be funny. i guess i didn't know how to express it well in my comment.

Btw do we have the questions they asked in those polls? I'm kinda curious ..

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1609 on: May 30, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »
+1
Trevor's coat reminds me of Alucard's frock coat.
Loving the emerald green scheme, but not digging the hilariously chiseled warrior faces (though they do look realistic/accurate).

It looks like:

WINTER IS COMING!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1610 on: May 30, 2012, 03:13:46 PM »
the original timeline, if you take judgment as canon for a moment, it would establish the original timeline went till the year 9999 at least, since gala wanted drac gone for good it seemed, anyways the reboot is growing on me and now I just hope its not the belmonts vs Satan, it has to be the belmonts VS dracula

as long as MS doesnt pull a dumb move and have Dracula Die at said time *cough 1999* the series doesnt have to limit itself to a certain time peroid, that was the original series downfall, that Dracula died in 1999, and since then, the series basicly went downhill, mind you IGA did do the best he could as the director for the series, but as some others have pointed out, He never really took risks, he stuck toa  formula that eventually got old, I cant bad mouth him, the games were all good in their own ways

which is why when I started my own castlevania fan project, it was different compared to the usual series, it was kinda like CV64 and  LoI/Cod hybred in mind, but with a linear plaforming in 3d in mind
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:19:08 PM by Omegasigma »
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1611 on: May 30, 2012, 03:19:09 PM »
I'd love a Castlevania with more subtle, naturalistic, and historical accurate outfits, but maybe Castlevania's essence is the total anti-thesis of that considering it started with Conan clones and then evolved into fashion god-lords.

make castlevania not castlevania, guys. we can take it further.

Offline Mr.Bushido

• Vampire Hunter
  • I'm the insect woman
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1612 on: May 30, 2012, 03:21:54 PM »
I really hope the combat system don't screw up the pace of the game. Man that shit is important if they want to make a good exploration based game

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #1613 on: May 30, 2012, 03:22:55 PM »
+3
I'm not sure that being more like Game of Thrones is such a bad thing Jorge.

Game of Thrones has better character designs and writing than all Castlevania games will ever have, combined.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1614 on: May 30, 2012, 03:23:57 PM »
Funny thing we're talking about GoT, as one of the actors of the series may voice one of the new characters.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1615 on: May 30, 2012, 03:34:15 PM »
Btw do we have the questions they asked in those polls? I'm kinda curious ..
i have no idea. i don't like browsing into a lot of pages to look for something. But it's still somewhere on the forums.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1616 on: May 30, 2012, 03:38:51 PM »
+2
I'm not sure that being more like Game of Thrones is such a bad thing Jorge.

Game of Thrones has better character designs and writing than all Castlevania games will ever have, combined.

Oh I love "Game of Thrones".  No complaints here.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Fofa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #1617 on: May 30, 2012, 03:42:07 PM »
Trevor's coat reminds me of Alucard's frock coat.
Loving the emerald green scheme, but not digging the hilariously chiseled warrior faces (though they do look realistic/accurate).

I'm actually not fond the green coloured coat, but then again green isn't my favourite colour to begin with (that'd be purple).

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1618 on: May 30, 2012, 03:56:09 PM »
+7
I still don't get why people are still trying to make this Cox vs IGA.

Am I just one of those rare types of people that, I dunno, actually like both without feeling the need to say which one is more pure or how IGA just rehashes EVERYTHING EVER or that Cox is arrogant and is TURNING EVERYTHING INTO A GOW CLONE?

I mean damn guys, most people just want a good game and actually don't want to turn this into a dumb pissing contest about whose guy is the best guy.

I highly doubt Cox or IGA think of each other as any more than coworkers, and certainly don't hate each other.

Also Ahaseverus-sama, that comparison picture between CoD Trevor and Lor3ds Trevor is kind of whoa. I had no idea they were basing Trev off of his CoD appearance. Having a callback to that game is a nice touch, just as nice as seeing Simon's design reference Chronicles and a little bit of Julius.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:57:54 PM by beingthehero »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1619 on: May 30, 2012, 03:59:48 PM »
+2
I still don't get why people are still trying to make this Cox vs IGA.

Am I just one of those rare types of people that, I dunno, actually like both without feeling the need to say which one is more pure or how IGA just rehashes EVERYTHING EVER or that Cox is arrogant and is TURNING EVERYTHING INTO A GOW CLONE?
You are not alone, but you ARE an awesome person for thinking like that! :)

Tags: .....?