Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848729 times)

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1845 on: June 04, 2012, 01:56:31 PM »
+2
Um, G4 just showed a new gameplay trailer with animated cutscenes. I guess there will be an online version soon.

I was fortunate to catch it. Just wished they showed more.

Edit: Trevor being Simon's father is confirmed. When Simon becomes an adult he goes to Dracula's castle looking for Trevor, who went missing years prior.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:02:12 PM by Thomas Belmont »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1846 on: June 04, 2012, 02:03:29 PM »

Edit: Trevor being Simon's father is confirmed. When Simon becomes an adult he goes to Dracula's castle looking for Trevor, who went missing years prior.

So that was true all along then. So that means that Alucard........

;D

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1847 on: June 04, 2012, 02:10:26 PM »
So that was true all along then. So that means that Alucard........

;D

Trevorcard!

On another note, with the first two games taking place so early and the last game taking place so late, there's over 800 years in the new timeline for future expansion.

Oh MercurySteam, you sneaky devils.

Offline Black Cat

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1848 on: June 04, 2012, 02:11:30 PM »
How did it look?

It's looking good so far. Everything seems to flow smoothly gameplay-wise ( I was expecting something clunkier based on the scans). Animation for the cutscenes is nothing special but it works, IMO.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1849 on: June 04, 2012, 02:12:59 PM »
So Trevor was never human after all, so that means the white wolf IS his wife!

This game is gonna be like Dead To Rights: The vampire edition, this is the hypest shit.
It's looking good so far. Everything seems to flow smoothly gameplay-wise ( I was expecting something clunkier based on the scans). Animation for the cutscenes is nothing special but it works, IMO.

Good to hear.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1850 on: June 04, 2012, 02:16:46 PM »

Trevor must like redheads  ;)

More importantly

What about music any old themes or at least creepy ones?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:19:21 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1851 on: June 04, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »

This game is gonna be like Dead To Rights: The vampire edition, this is the hypest shit.
Good to hear.

Not necessarily true. Mirror of Fate takes place 25 years after LoS, making Trevor 25 if he was born during LoS (which is the age he looks), or older if he was born before. On top of that, he was raised by the order, which means when Gabriel got someone pregnant, the order still had the means of hiding his kid. If Trevor was a vampire kid, he wouldn't be the son he never knew he had.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1852 on: June 04, 2012, 02:28:37 PM »
Not necessarily true. Mirror of Fate takes place 25 years after LoS, making Trevor 25 if he was born during LoS (which is the age he looks), or older if he was born before. On top of that, he was raised by the order, which means when Gabriel got someone pregnant, the order still had the means of hiding his kid. If Trevor was a vampire kid, he wouldn't be the son he never knew he had.

No, im sticking by my wacky theory just like everyone else is. Gabriel mated with a vampire then Trevor mated with a human so that he could create a dhampire with 1/8th of vampire blood. And in case he died or something the brotherhood could send their 1/8th dhampire (and apparent beastmaster) Simon Belmont to look for him. And then later he will find Trevor in the castle brainwashed and a vampire.

You know, im starting to like this "wacky theory" gimmick I got going on. It's kinda fun in fact.

Oh and I noticed nobody other than G4 has picked this up, you would think that it would be circulating around the web by now.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:33:06 PM by Kingshango »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1853 on: June 04, 2012, 02:32:07 PM »
No, im sticking by my wacky theory just like everyone else is. Gabriel mated with a vampire then Trevor mated with a human so that he could create a dhampire with 1/8th of vampire blood. And in case he died or something the brotherhood could send their 1/8th dhampire (and apparent beastmaster) Simon Belmont to look for him. And then later he will find Trevor in the castle brainwashed and a vampire.

You know, im starting to like this "wacky theory" gimmick I got going on. It's kinda fun in fact.

Got it. Didn't realize you were just screwing around, lol.

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1854 on: June 04, 2012, 02:38:17 PM »

details man! details!

if you are messing with me i will turn you into a skeleton!
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1855 on: June 04, 2012, 02:40:59 PM »
I, like everyone I guess, want to see that trailer! :)

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1856 on: June 04, 2012, 02:50:41 PM »

wut?

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1857 on: June 04, 2012, 02:54:27 PM »
wut?

Correction, the white wolf is Dracula's second wife Amaterasu, the shapeshifting goddess. (see my wacky theory above for more details)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1858 on: June 04, 2012, 03:19:57 PM »
Konami's big press conference is tomorrow after Nintendo's. We'll get more than the snippet G4 showed off. :)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1859 on: June 04, 2012, 03:26:06 PM »
Konami's big press conference is tomorrow after Nintendo's. We'll get more than the snippet G4 showed off. :)
Tomorrow's too far! ^^

Tags: .....?