Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848471 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2805 on: June 11, 2012, 05:14:51 PM »
+1
It always bothered me that dark magic didn't have more of an "oomph" to it when used. Sure, the special moves had plenty of explosions, but you'd think a chain whip brimming with dark power would have more of a bang when it hits bad guys.
I think that's the general issue most people have with LoS, the whip feels like it's just a flailing piece of plastic. I'm not asking for something super OP so I can breeze throughout the whole game with ease, but the whip should definitely have more "oomph" behind it. I believe enemies going down faster would help this, the health really needs to be nerfed or the whip needs to be buffed.

You also have to remember there's no leveling up in MoF. The only thing you use EXP on is for more combos just like LoS, so I really don't see things changing that much when the game is out.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:18:01 PM by OSM »

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2806 on: June 11, 2012, 05:36:45 PM »
Well,the game is currently in development.People are saying the graphics are bad(Graphic hounds!)but i'm pretty sure it will be better.
It seems cox is also busy.Busy of developing the game i think.

That's something I don't understand. These graphics look fantastic! They aren't the same quality as the graphics in the original LoS, but that game was on home consoles. If nothing else, it's refreshing just to see a sidescrolling Castlevania that doesn't feature 15+ year-old sprites. They seem to be fairly stylized too. It looks like a dark, moody castle (from the demo). I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far.

...Though it still pains me a little to see all those lanterns and candles hanging around the stage's walls that can't be broken. :(
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Redgrave

• Eu sunt dracul!
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2807 on: June 11, 2012, 05:41:09 PM »
l
That's something I don't understand. These graphics look fantastic! They aren't the same quality as the graphics in the original LoS, but that game was on home consoles. If nothing else, it's refreshing just to see a sidescrolling Castlevania that doesn't feature 15+ year-old sprites. They seem to be fairly stylized too. It looks like a dark, moody castle (from the demo). I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far.

...Though it still pains me a little to see all those lanterns and candles hanging around the stage's walls that can't be broken. :(

Well,some people said that 3DS games just look bad at youtube.I change the quality from 720p when i'm watching gamespot and it does looks good for a game that is currently in development.However,it is youtube after all.It can't capture all the frames.

Offline Tavis Belmont

• Video Game Approved
  • Hunter in Training
  • Game on!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2808 on: June 11, 2012, 06:16:01 PM »
+6
While we're on the subject of whip-snapping, I've gotta put in my two cents about how much I LOVED that combo with Leon where he'd snap the whip so hard into the ground that he'd launch enemies into the air. Oh nelly... the first time I did that to a skeleton was one of the best feelings I got from LoI.
Defeating evil: Apparently easy.
Defeating the Lord of Darkness with a whip and some water: Damn.
"I'm a Belmont. That's my job."

Offline Redgrave

• Eu sunt dracul!
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2809 on: June 11, 2012, 06:25:10 PM »
+1
Whip snapping?
lol i have to admit LoI is better in terms of that.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2810 on: June 11, 2012, 07:07:22 PM »
+1
worldwide release date september 30

info (in spanish) : http://www.meristation.com/es/nintendo-3ds/reportaje/premios-meristation-lo-mejor-del-e3/1783528?p=2

That's not to far away hope they fix the controls,framerate, and again what is so bad with the graphics some one tell for petes sake. They look really good and since this is a demo it will only get better from here on out right....right?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2811 on: June 11, 2012, 07:18:38 PM »
+1
While we're on the subject of whip-snapping, I've gotta put in my two cents about how much I LOVED that combo with Leon where he'd snap the whip so hard into the ground that he'd launch enemies into the air. Oh nelly... the first time I did that to a skeleton was one of the best feelings I got from LoI.
I think I've saw Kratos doing almost everything Gabriel does, really. Some of the ones imbued with dark/light magic where somewhat original, but most of them were faster than it was in GoW. But they have the same fucking problem GoW has: in higher difficults, they are useless.

Offline Redgrave

• Eu sunt dracul!
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2812 on: June 11, 2012, 08:45:32 PM »
That's not to far away hope they fix the controls,framerate, and again what is so bad with the graphics some one tell for petes sake. They look really good and since this is a demo it will only get better from here on out right....right?

Of course it's going to be better.It's a demo and a game in-development.The release is still far and mercury steam still have so much time to improve the game.But i'm sure as hell that the studio is very busy working on two games.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #2813 on: June 11, 2012, 08:48:17 PM »
+1
I think that's the general issue most people have with LoS, the whip feels like it's just a flailing piece of plastic. I'm not asking for something super OP so I can breeze throughout the whole game with ease, but the whip should definitely have more "oomph" behind it. I believe enemies going down faster would help this, the health really needs to be nerfed or the whip needs to be buffed.

You also have to remember there's no leveling up in MoF. The only thing you use EXP on is for more combos just like LoS, so I really don't see things changing that much when the game is out.

I loved the Lords combat, but if there's anything I can agree with anyone on it's that the whip could use more of a punch. Amp up the sound effect and add a minor, split second flinch, and just to keep the flinch balanced, add a "flinch limit" so that you can't perma stun lock enemies. When I smack a friggin' ghoul, it needs to react and not just by jerking it's head back.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2814 on: June 11, 2012, 11:01:15 PM »

About the graphics:

I've seen some people saying that the game is one of the best-looking on the 3DS so far, while others saying that it looks pretty bad. I don't know what to make of that. Graphics quality is usually not subjective, unless we're talking about art style, which is not the case here (from what I understand). It seems people are really seeing different things in these graphics - from a technical standpoint - which confuses the hell out of me.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #2815 on: June 11, 2012, 11:07:18 PM »
About the graphics:

I've seen some people saying that the game is one of the best-looking on the 3DS so far, while others saying that it looks pretty bad. I don't know what to make of that. Graphics quality is usually not subjective, unless we're talking about art style, which is not the case here (from what I understand). It seems people are really seeing different things in these graphics - from a technical standpoint - which confuses the hell out of me.

If the aliasing is bad enough, it can make even really good graphics look bad. I think that's what it might be.

Offline Redgrave

• Eu sunt dracul!
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2816 on: June 12, 2012, 01:26:49 AM »
Or the others just want to hate on it.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2817 on: June 12, 2012, 04:43:09 AM »
Or the others just want to hate on it.
Or maybe they expected something different.

It's nice to speculate on this, huh?

Offline Redgrave

• Eu sunt dracul!
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2818 on: June 12, 2012, 05:49:51 AM »
Something different? You mean the graphics?It's a demo and a game in-development yet some hate it like it have the worst graphic ever in a 3DS game.Graphic hounds oh my god.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:20:24 AM by Redgrave »

Offline Redgrave

• Eu sunt dracul!
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2819 on: June 12, 2012, 06:02:10 AM »
Edit: Double posted sorry.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:21:54 AM by Redgrave »

Tags: .....?