Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848968 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3825 on: September 23, 2012, 10:38:19 AM »
Simon uses an leather whip that upgrades to a chain whip later. Alucard uses a whip in MOF and a sword in LOS2.

but he's totally not Trevor

There is no narrator in CVLOS2

better that way

will we hear the LOS version of what is a man? In either of the games?
‏@CastlevaniaLOS @KelvinBelmont74 - Yes :)

awesome if true!

Most animations for each character are different except moves passed over. Each character has moves unique to them too.

sounds exquisite

ass for that chapter listing, of course it was fake there's no way something like that could've leaked so early. a month or 2 before release, sure. but not this early.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3826 on: September 23, 2012, 10:48:40 AM »
Quote from: flyingchai
So Alucard won't be using his signature sword until LoS2.

So Devilcard gives Simon his chain and switch to a sword, which most likely extends in a whip like fashion.

Oh and in case anyone noticed, MoF was not at TGS. So that means we won't see anymore of this game till it comes out.......... in Febuary.

Gotta love Konami's (non existent) marketing team.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:52:22 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3827 on: September 23, 2012, 12:01:30 PM »
Kinda news, thanks to Cox. It's a shame we did not get at least a little trailer during the TGS.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3828 on: September 23, 2012, 02:07:49 PM »
So that means we won't see anymore of this game till it comes out.......... in Febuary.
Has it actually been confirmed to come out in February?
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3829 on: September 23, 2012, 02:46:16 PM »
Has it actually been confirmed to come out in February?

Someone who got to play it at Gamescom asked a Konami rep when the new release date was, said they're aiming for a late January/early Febuary release.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3830 on: September 23, 2012, 02:48:01 PM »
@Deadestroyer @SirPatStew - There is no narrator in CVLOS2

Thank God. A longish introduction narration is kinda par for the course in CV games, but doing it for every single chapter, especially with the poor quality of writing, was super overkill.

I guess it wouldn't quite work for either LoS2 or MoF due to them being non-linear games.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3831 on: September 23, 2012, 04:00:23 PM »
In case you missed the tweets, David Cox sez:

Thanks for the update.

@CornellShadow - Simon uses an leather whip that upgrades to a chain whip later. Alucard uses a whip in MOF and a sword in LOS2.
-------------

So all four characters have the same freaking weapon... that sounds lame. Worse, it sounds lazy of MS.

@Deadestroyer @SirPatStew - There is no narrator in CVLOS2
-------------

I actually kinda liked them. That's the one thing I would have kept. Sort of reminded me of the cut scenes in "Ninja Ryukenden" but only not nearly as cool. I would have tried to improve upon that aspect.

@KelvinBelmont74 @CastlevaniaLOS will we hear the LOS version of what is a man? In either of the games?
‏@CastlevaniaLOS @KelvinBelmont74 - Yes :)
--------------

Sweet. I look forward to watching a video of that since I'm not likely to spend money on this game... ever.

@CornellShadow @CastlevaniaLOS If they all going to use the same kind of weapon. Would the combat moves or motion look alike?
‏@CastlevaniaLOS @CornellShadow - Most animations for each character are different except moves passed over. Each character has moves unique to them too.
---------------

See above comment about this being lame & lazy.

And on a side note, Cox... stop. Just stop. Admit that Trevor is Alucard, that the entire idea was laughably predictable at beast, and that we're really getting one character with 4 skins that have moves locked out from each other to make it look like you're giving more than you actually are. I'll eat my words if they AT LEAST each have significantly different physics beyond their special skills.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 04:14:02 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3832 on: September 23, 2012, 04:51:56 PM »
+3
I disagree that it's lazy for the characters to all use whips. Why WOULDN'T they if they're all Belmonts? Plus it's confirmed they all have different secondary weapons. Now THAT would be lazy if they all used the same ones.
Even if it were the same Combat Cross, which it likely is not, how many Belmonts used the same Vampire Killer in the old canon, again?
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3833 on: September 23, 2012, 05:32:47 PM »
The way I see it, it seems that each playable character gets one major upgrade to their main weapon.

Trevor get the dark cross after turning to Devilcard and discarding his battle cross.

Simon gets Trevor's chain that was attached to the battle cross and becomes the Vampire Killer whip that gets passed down.

Devilcard gets a sword from somewhere and discards the dark cross (or he may keep it for ranged area attacks only.)

All there's left is the unconfirmed (by Cox at least) Gabriel, who judging by the trailer, uses a energy whip.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3834 on: September 23, 2012, 08:24:01 PM »
I disagree that it's lazy for the characters to all use whips. Why WOULDN'T they if they're all Belmonts? Plus it's confirmed they all have different secondary weapons. Now THAT would be lazy if they all used the same ones.
Even if it were the same Combat Cross, which it likely is not, how many Belmonts used the same Vampire Killer in the old canon, again?

Sounds to me like it'll be boring even with everyone having different sub-weapons because of their stated goal of trying to port the LoS combat system which is heavy on the main weapon and very lax on the sub-weapons. I won't say that anything is definite going to be lame, but unless they make the sub-weapons as useful as they were in CV1 & 3 then it's not likely they'll make much of a difference.

I'm usually an optimist, but I just have not seen anything to draw me in except cool character designs and that's just not enough to make my glass look more full.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #3835 on: September 23, 2012, 08:39:12 PM »
But...but...what kind of whip is this then? Let me guess. It IS a sword but it is played as an extended blade and never uses this as a sword. Lol, okay then... I'm just hoping that Gabriel was with another woman to have Alucard. I still think he is not Trevor even after all of this. Got my fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 08:41:04 PM by Zetheraxza »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3836 on: October 01, 2012, 06:44:04 AM »
+2
This is kind off unrelated to the game, but I've been reading the article  for LoS on the Japanese wikipedia and I noticed something interesting. According to the page, Cornell's surname is "Stabell" and Carmilla's surname is "Cronqvist"(?). They list the game's image gallery as the source. I know that no such names are ever mentioned in the English version of the game. Could it be something they added to the Japanese version of the game...?     

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3837 on: October 01, 2012, 06:51:29 AM »
Oh Nagumo, you always know how to put a smile on my face  :)

Perhaps someone should ask David on Twitter if this is true or false :o

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3838 on: October 01, 2012, 08:05:02 AM »
Interesting when combined with the English website saying Gabe was said to be presumed a bastard of the Cronqvists.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #3839 on: October 01, 2012, 09:11:56 AM »
Funny how MoF was supposed to be about revealing Gabriel's ancestors. This is a pretty big spoiler if not Major. I want to see if they have their take on Mathaias. The only thing I wonder is if LoS2 will have their intepretation of Vlad III Dracula and Gabriel fights him as a Major battle or a filler boss such as Malphas's Chapter.

Tags: .....? 

anything