Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848789 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3855 on: October 05, 2012, 11:38:01 AM »
+1
So our favorite PR person went on a Tweeting spree recently and posted Devil Trevor's inventory

Then went on to say this
Dave Cox ‏@CastlevaniaLOS
@NabilSatsFan - It's not the combat cross, it's something else... He doesn't get his sword until LOS2

I know my opinion isn't popular, but come on.
"Trevor isn't Alucard." He only just looks nearly identical.
"It's not the combat cross." It's just a weapon that looks and functions nearly the same.
And I get negative rep for saying it's lazy when even CV3 characters all had more variety there core than this rag-tag bunch of 3 Belmonts +One guy that isn't Trevor with different abilities.
I at least hope that the characters in this game all have significantly different and interesting physics, because if they don't no one is going to be able to defend the accusation that they were being lazy.

That said, the pic looks to me like some wierd Doppelganger.

This weapon on the inventory screen reminds me the spear of Eric Lecarde in Bloodlines !!
And this weapon is called "the Alucard's Spear" in the japanese version of the Megadrive game !!  8)

I agree. It does look reminiscent of the powered up Alucard Spear. But if it extends into a chain, I still think it's lame. I would rather have had him use an actual spear.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:40:20 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3856 on: October 05, 2012, 02:59:26 PM »
+1
Exactly on the same page here. This is part of why I loved the Tin Tin movie.

"Who's that?"

"He's Tin Tin! Fuck off!"
It's also like the Sherlock Holmes movies. You didn't need to know the ins and outs of who Sherlock Holmes is. Everything regarding his childhood, analyzed to the point of scrutiny. We know who Sherlock Holmes is, just get to the bloody fuckin' point! Same for Dracula. Hell, I'd say the same for Batman. They ARE going to reboot Batman again. Rumor has it the new Batman will be tied into the Justice League movie. Do we REALLY need "yet another" take on the Bruce Wayne origin story? Especially when everybody knows it. Hell, even with Nolan, I'm pretty sure everybody knew it. Batman's well known, before Nolan's trilogy, and after. He's like Dracula, Sherlock Holmes(and interestingly enough, a loose weaving of the two, the whole bat thing and brilliant detective mind). We don't need anymore origin stories for the sake of origin stories. If the character's well known, they should be able to hit the ground running. You CAN make brief allusions to something in their past, but all these characters are so established in pop culture history, there's really no need for yet another origin story(which at most, are nothing more than the ego strokes of directors saying "How much better MY interpretation of this origin is compared to everybody else's!"). I mean, ask any kid how Peter Parker became Spider-Man, they'll tell you, "He was bitten by a radioactive spider!". It would be like, making every WWII movie start with the initial events that triggered the actual war. How stupid would that be?

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #3857 on: October 05, 2012, 02:59:43 PM »
Doubtful, Vlad III Dracula doesn't exist in those "worlds", at least not in the sense of who he is in our history. Though, I did say, if they were ever to reboot the series again, I would love them to just go all out and have Dracula be Vlad III, no Mathias, no Gabriel, just the mythic man of history. Also, if they planned to tell his origin tale(yet again), just do it with human Vlad III taking on the dark lord persona. No sappy love story or tragic past.

I was only stating if they would have the REAL Vlad Tepes as a boss in Los2 or MoF, just like they did with Malphas, like a filler or as a part of the story. He would be a Vampire but Gabriel would fight him in some point. Gabriel becoming Vlad Tepes is just a bad idea, same thing with Mathias. On a side note, they were just an attempt to make Castlevania more original and less inspired from other works. Like the first Castlevania game, all the bosses were monsters from horror movie flicks. It was a heavily inspired game at the time. After Lament,   they made Vlad Tepes an alter ego of an original character, making Castlevania more original. Same thing with LoS. They didn't really use other known creatures/persons as much as the older "Classic" series except for Malphas, Satan and Baba Yaga and other creatures/ characters. I don't know what the succeeding developers will do after Mercurysteam moves in to their next project (Possibly Contra), But if the next developers create a new story rather than going back to the old timeline, they would take the "Original Creativity" approach like Mercurysteam did. Gabriel now, is called Dracul, but his character is "Dracula" according to Castlevania approach for it's antagonist. But is he same Dracula based on Castlevania's classic inspiration from Bram Stoker's wearing Victorian Clothing? So far according to the previews and information known, NO. Gabecula is a pretty original concept and is less inspired from Bram Stoker's and more of an original Castlevania Vampire Lord if not counting Gabriel's attire is alone based off Simon's Simon Quest armor. I'm apathetic towards the future of Castlevania's storytelling whether it be another reboot as a new timeline, or rebooting the old timeline or going back to the old timeline. As long as the game and the story is good. I'm cool with it.

Now, as for Alucard, I still don't think he can be Trevor even with the jacket resembling like Trevor giving it all away. One observation from the characters shown during the LoS2 trailer and characters we already know, such as Alucard is that he is a Dhamphir, and Gabriel is a Vampire. The idea of Trevor being turned into a half-vampire sounds a bit strange and would be pretty ridiculous in terms of storytelling or plot development. So Gabriel was feeding off  Trevor but he got away half-way and becomes a half Vampire. Or Gabriel succeeds transforming Trevor into a full Vampire but Trevor chooses not to drink blood and has abilities of a Dhamphir not having full powers as a fully potential vampire for rejecting his bloodlust, but he can't go out in the daylight either because he is a full vampire who just doesn't drink blood. I don't think a Vampire can choose on what level of ratio should he be able to create a new vampire. He will either make a new Vampire, or that will be his feed. Dhamphirs throughout folklore and today's books, comics, movies and games haven't really changed throughout its mythology like Vampires did... See Twilght... Lol. Pathetic excuse for Vampires. But Dhamphirs throughout my best knowledge have remained the same. In order to create a Dhamphir, the partners would have to be a human and a vampire and those concepts haven't really changed. Gabriel couldn't see his reflections in the trailer but you could see the reflection of Alucard through his sword. I'm still guessing Gabriel had another woman. But that coat though... My 3DS will tell me. Lol.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3858 on: October 05, 2012, 04:34:21 PM »
The general consensus here is that Alucard is either Trevor's vampire doppleganger born from the mirror or not a vampire at all but a demon brought back to life unknowingly under the control of a unseen entity (canidates are Satan, Zobek or the Lost Soul).

Another theory I thought up is (you guy's won't even try to believe this one cause how rediculous it is) that Alucard was probably taken from Dracula's castle as a baby by someone who feared that Trevor would have kill him as well and was left to care of the Brotherhood. The Brotherhood then realizing who the child was, they opted to kill it but after giving it a second thought, they decided not to and decided to raise and train him as the trump card incase Trevor failed or if Trevor succeded, Dracula would come back and they would have their own dhampire to challenge him (they probably didn't know that Simon was alive and had fled to the mountains). Which would also explain why Trevor and Alucard wear the same outfit, albiet with a few new touches (the armored upper half the slightly darker longcoat etc.) as well as a modified battle cross or whatever it is. And as for why Trevor and Alucard look identical, well that DO have the same father, so there's not much to explain there unless you don't know how genetics work.

Ok that was a new theory that I thought up, totally useless now with the trailer and the screenshots confirming that Alucard is Trevor anyway so ehh, I've warmed up to Devilcard/Mirrorcard anyway.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 04:38:38 PM by Kingshango »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3859 on: October 05, 2012, 04:39:09 PM »

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3860 on: October 05, 2012, 05:01:30 PM »
^^^

Even if he said that or not, it makes 1000x more sense than my new stupid theory.

Man I feel ashamed of myself for even thinking about it, im gonna go play RE6 as punishment for my foolishness.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #3861 on: October 05, 2012, 05:36:57 PM »

Lol that would mean that Baby Trevor was human but since Gabriel became Dracula, Baby Trevor automatically became a Dhamphir through Wi-Fi update. Another crazy theory is this... Note how Alucard consists of some red/orange in his armour. Who else has a that color scheme... Simon. Oh no! Alucard is a mixture of BOTH Trevor and Simon! Gabriel must have used his powers to conjoin them as one and like, make him all evil and stuff later. Man, these theories are pretty crazy actually. One thing that really kills me is that 4th Character, though...

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3862 on: October 05, 2012, 06:03:26 PM »
^^^

Even if he said that or not, it makes 1000x more sense than my new stupid theory.

Man I feel ashamed of myself for even thinking about it, im gonna go play RE6 as punishment for my foolishness.

I wouldn't put it past them to use something like what you said.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:22:07 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3863 on: October 05, 2012, 06:33:41 PM »
^^^

I called this back in June! hehe :P
---------------------
"Cox did NOT say that Trevor wasn't Alucard. He did say "no" to Trevor being Alucard based upon the way the question was worded. And he wouldn't be lying...Trevor is not automatically Alucard just because he's Dracula's son, which is what the question asked.

Also to the question before that one which asked if Trevor was the same person as the Alucard-like guy, I'd definitely say that Trevor changing into something else other than human would make him a different person. :-D
Cox sure is good as playing semantics..."
----------------
When I upfront asked him if Alucard "used to be Trevor" be said "no comment."
As far as his primary weapon in MoF, we know it's a whip at least. I'd believe Cox that it's not the Combat Cross...but it is a Combat "something."

Here's another crazy theory for the masses. In the concept art of the "Cursed Village," it looks like there's someone hanging by a rope. The shape of the figure kinda looks like it could be Trevor.
Trevor fails against his father, learns that his family's been killed, and then hangs himself out of grief.
http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-23/cmof-cursed-village.html

He then descends into Hell for committing suicide and is given a chance for redemption if he takes down his father since Satan has a beef with Dracul too. Perhaps the 2 deceased Lords of Shadow imbue him with their powers while he's there, and he then becomes Alucard.
Eh, why not? Kinda fun, this is.  I think that'll be my last theory though.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:12:13 PM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #3864 on: October 05, 2012, 07:27:20 PM »
Well, the person in the concept art is definitely wearing a long garment that appears to be open in front and has long hair too.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3865 on: October 06, 2012, 09:03:15 AM »
You CAN make brief allusions to something in their past, but all these characters are so established in pop culture history, there's really no need for yet another origin story(which at most, are nothing more than the ego strokes of directors saying "How much better MY interpretation of this origin is compared to everybody else's!")
Maybe because creators are interested in making their own origin of the character? Not that I (always) support that thing.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3866 on: October 06, 2012, 11:14:40 AM »
I haven't been keeping up with this game. With that being said is that picture quote with Cox a real quote?

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3867 on: October 06, 2012, 12:13:35 PM »
I haven't been keeping up with this game. With that being said is that picture quote with Cox a real quote?

The story so far:

The Mirror of Fate extended trailer reveals Alucard, who has the same voice as Trevor.
Someone asked Cox on Twitter "Is Trevor Alucard?"
Cox answers "no."
Someone asked him again in a dfferent matter, "Does Trevor become Alucard in any way?"
Cox answers "no comment."

Then the screenshot's of Aucard appear using a modified battle cross, wearing the same outfit as Trevor only slightly darker, making the likelyhood of Trevor becoming Alucard being true and once again making Cox look like he got hit in the face with a tomato pie.

Everyone then create's different causes of Trevor's apparent transformation with various theories such as evil doppleganger, Dracula's vampire slave, Gabriel's good side and mind controlled demonic puppet of an unseen entity. While a remaining few have reason to believe the two are seperate characters and Dracula did infact father another child with another woman, suggesting that would be downright absured now with the evidence(or lack there of) presented so far.

The only thing that could debunk all of this is if we hear Alucard speak in game rather than a cryptic vauge trailer. But due to Konami's excellent marketing team, we will most likely not get any new media of the game (other than previews from small websites who played the unfinished E3 demo) until the game comes out in around Febuary/March.

That's it, unless someone has more to add.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 12:15:57 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3868 on: October 06, 2012, 12:21:35 PM »
Man there is no way DevilCard isn't Trevor.

The updates for this game have been really slow, still no new footage to be seen.

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3869 on: October 06, 2012, 01:29:52 PM »
I'm glad they brought back Alucard's other forms.  I always loved that he was a bit of a nod towards old school vampirism.

Shame that his cape probably won't turn into wings when jumping though.

Tags: .....?