Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848998 times)

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3917 on: October 25, 2012, 04:37:42 PM »
+1
As for Alucard not using the sword that we've seen him use in the artwork and such, I think that he WILL used the sword in the game.

However it will most likey end up being used at the very end of the game, probably during the fight with Dracula.

It would be lame as hell considering they'er promoting him as a sword user but then again I wouldn't put it pass Konami/Mercurysteam to put a bait and switch.

thought so.

Unfortunatly a majority thinks otherwise but im glad there are some who still hold out that Trevor and Alucard are separate people.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #3918 on: October 25, 2012, 06:37:29 PM »

Unfortunatly a majority thinks otherwise but im glad there are some who still hold out that Trevor and Alucard are separate people.

Ok

1.I could care less what the "majority" thinks.

and

2.Where did I say that I t did not believe Trevor becomes Alucard? I believe most will tell you that I have been on of the main ones going around the forum saying just that. Just scroll through some of the previous comments from this very topic and you will see that I to believe that Trevor becomes Alucard.

My question was on whether it was "CONFIRMED".

When it was said "no" that is when I put "I thought so".

No where in that did I say or imply that I think they are separate people.

But with that being said, I would love it if they where.

Its just to bad that all the signs point to otherwise.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3919 on: October 25, 2012, 07:52:12 PM »
Ok I get you and I m sorry if I read you wrong.

I just want more info about this game and it's irritating that we know very little about the game other than Trevor goes after Dracula and then goes M.I.A then Simon picks up the pieces years later. Then there's Alucard, who in all honesty, we know NOTHING about who or what he actually is other than that he may be the son of Dracula, that's about it. (Oh and he can turn into mist and such)

Yeah I get that they don't want to give too much away and I can respect that. It's just that Konami's marketing team is so shitty that we are likely not going to see anymore of this game until they stealth release it somewhere around Febuary or March and all we have to go on is a cryptic teaser, 20 minutes of an unfinished demo and 5 seconds of footage from a demo reel. Where else are they possibly show more of it it, the VGA's? Not likely, hell even Lords of Shadow 2 has a better shot at appearing there and we don't know squat about that game either.

*Sigh* I apologise if I offended anyone, It's just want to play the damn game, im a very impatient person and the wait for this game and the lack of any substantial media about the game is bothering me. Maybe it would better if I should just stop following the game for the time being.

I think I'll take some time off from here, see you guys in Febuary.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #3920 on: October 25, 2012, 08:22:09 PM »
Ok I get you and I m sorry if I read you wrong.

I just want more info about this game and it's irritating that we know very little about the game other than Trevor goes after Dracula and then goes M.I.A then Simon picks up the pieces years later. Then there's Alucard, who in all honesty, we know NOTHING about who or what he actually is other than that he may be the son of Dracula, that's about it. (Oh and he can turn into mist and such)

Yeah I get that they don't want to give too much away and I can respect that. It's just that Konami's marketing team is so shitty that we are likely not going to see anymore of this game until they stealth release it somewhere around Febuary or March and all we have to go on is a cryptic teaser, 20 minutes of an unfinished demo and 5 seconds of footage from a demo reel. Where else are they possibly show more of it it, the VGA's? Not likely, hell even Lords of Shadow 2 has a better shot at appearing there and we don't know squat about that game either.

*Sigh* I apologise if I offended anyone, It's just want to play the damn game, im a very impatient person and the wait for this game and the lack of any substantial media about the game is bothering me. Maybe it would better if I should just stop following the game for the time being.

I think I'll take some time off from here, see you guys in Febuary.

Don't worry, you didn't offend me in the slightest. ;)

Just wanted to set the record straight.

And I to would like to actually hear more on Alucard.

I don't want them to give to much away, but it would be nice to know if he is indeed "confirmed" to be a Vampire for instance.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3921 on: October 26, 2012, 12:25:16 AM »
well he offend me, and I demand 100 pushups for compensation, get jacked like Hugh Jackman in Wolverine

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3922 on: October 26, 2012, 07:01:22 PM »
It's possible Alucard Gets the sword at some point in the game to replace his cross. If we go by the theory that he is Trevor turned Vampire, then perhaps the whip is Holy, and as he progresses he is no longer able to use it, and therefore, switches out?

As for Gabe, his outfit is definitely slightly different. However, It cannot be a flashback, since he has the Wings he got from Carmilla, as indicated by the gold designs on his shoulder armor. The whip he uses is also definitely not the Combat Cross. maybe it's just the lighting, but the chain looks reddish? and it has a morning star tip. And the handle is not a cross.

It's possible that given the game takes place in different eras, that one of those parts of the game is flashback to when Gabriel returned to take over the Vampire Castle. Since he is an expert in the art of the whip, he probably got another one, and set off to take shit over.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3923 on: October 27, 2012, 06:46:58 AM »

As for Gabe, his outfit is definitely slightly different. However, It cannot be a flashback, since he has the Wings he got from Carmilla, as indicated by the gold designs on his shoulder armor.

That is a good catch....a VERY good catch.  :)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3924 on: October 27, 2012, 12:51:40 PM »
He's also missing the Holy Water bottles, and im not too sure if he has his throwing knives, though it doesn't seem like it. And again, as previously said- he doesnt have the Black Knight Gauntlet either. I wonder why? Guess he figured better to be rid of it after how Zobek actually killed him through it? Not to mention he essentially had to murder the Black Knight for it and probably still resents the thing with Claudia.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:53:37 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3925 on: October 27, 2012, 06:39:03 PM »
Actually Flame, it is the same Combat Cross. Image attached.
Maybe it's an inconsistency on the part of the artists since he has no subweapons on his belt either. There's really no telling when this takes place.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3926 on: October 28, 2012, 09:31:09 PM »
Actually Flame, it is the same Combat Cross. Image attached.
Maybe it's an inconsistency on the part of the artists since he has no subweapons on his belt either. There's really no telling when this takes place.
Maybe after ending but before reverie

Everything comes full circle

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3927 on: October 28, 2012, 11:01:53 PM »
But he's missing his sub weapons. And isn't Reverie DIRECTLY after the game?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:08:29 PM by Flame »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3928 on: October 28, 2012, 11:29:57 PM »
But he's missing his sub weapons. And isn't Reverie DIRECTLY after the game?
We miss the trip to the castle (?)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3929 on: October 29, 2012, 12:19:26 AM »
Adventure Time looks awesome  :D

Looks a bit more like a castlevania game too.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otjanp9aXgw#

*And, before I get a -1, it's a joke. Learn to take them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 12:30:33 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Tags: .....? 

anything