Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848838 times)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3975 on: November 02, 2012, 07:41:00 AM »
+1
spooky.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3976 on: November 02, 2012, 09:36:03 AM »
Much better, thanks!

Interesting stuff here. Though, what the hell is up with Simon's powers? "Simon's Bizarre Adventure" anyone?

It's nice to see they went with more Castlevania style enemy designs overall. At least, as far as we can tell here.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3977 on: November 02, 2012, 12:47:38 PM »
+1
I remember people saying the same thing right before OoE came out. And AoS. And DoS. So saying "[new cv game] is looking better than almighty Symphony!" is nothing new

I see your point, and I'm not surprised that somebody said this, but I personally have never thought any of the MetroidVania games looked better than SotN. Symphony is a great game and its ages well but I think this will beat it out. Like I said before, this is just my personal opinion no need to attack me for it. I just think the LoS game as a whole are a step in the right direction for the franchise as a whole.

And really this is the reason I haven't commented on these forums in a long time. The second you share your opinions and someone disagrees with what you post they jump down your throat
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:50:56 PM by Profbeanburrito »
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3978 on: November 02, 2012, 12:54:18 PM »
I see your point, and I'm not surprised that somebody said this, but I personally have never thought any of the MetroidVania games looked better than SotN. Symphony is a great game and its ages well but I think this will beat it out. Like I said before, this is just my personal opinion no need to attack me for it. I just think the LoS game as a whole are a step in the right direction for the franchise as a whole.

And really this is the reason I haven't commented on these forums in a long time. The second you share your opinions and someone disagrees with what you post they jump down your throat
As far as art direction and graphics, I think it IS better than SotN(at least that's the most I can admit, other than VO, which it's no real contest that it will surpass SotN). I still can't find myself to agree as far as gameplay and combat are concerned. It's just not what I consider "fun".

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3979 on: November 02, 2012, 01:01:35 PM »

Haha, I see what you did there MS
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3980 on: November 02, 2012, 01:13:41 PM »

Haha, I see what you did there MS

.....what'd they do here?
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline sannyclause

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3981 on: November 02, 2012, 01:25:16 PM »
HO HO HO who was that attacking alucard

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3984 on: November 02, 2012, 01:49:09 PM »
What a lousy CV fan I am!  :P
I keep forgetting that there will be a number of references / inspirations to CVIII.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3985 on: November 02, 2012, 01:50:56 PM »

i didn't attack you Mr. Bean, i was just stating that this type of talk happens all the time right before a new [2D] release so I wasn't surprised to read that type of post. Hell, even I'm guilty of it. People consider the LoS games a step in the right direction only because the metroidvania formula was getting stagnant (although this is debatable, with OoE), but there's still a high possibility that we'll see more sprite-based CV games after the LoS saga is done, albeit with a competant team behind it *coughwayforwardcough*

but we love you~

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3986 on: November 02, 2012, 03:52:47 PM »
HO HO HO who was that attacking alucard
Thats a good question. I feel like I should recognize that enemy...

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3987 on: November 02, 2012, 05:56:02 PM »
+1
I know it may sound blasphemous to most people here, and it is just my opinion, so don't kill me, but I think this looks better than SotN. There just seems to be so much more to this game, better combat, better exploration. I can't wait to play this.

Your opinion is, as all of us, respectable. Maybe not shared for everyone, but respectable :). SoTN was in 1997, and for their time, its was the best Castlevania (to many of us), in terms of music, gameplay, and other stuff. In exploration is similar to Simon´s Quest. As for the comparation with Mirror of Fate... well, I think is too early to compare both games. To many, MoF will be better because of graphics and gameplay, thanks to the new technology in these days. But for me (and is just my opinion too), SoTN is great in the things I mentioned (specially in the music).

Well, for a 2.5D Castlevania, comparing MoF and Dracula X Chronicles (other 2.5D CV), yes, MoF is better (in graphics). Lets wait to hear its music :P. I hope MS include Dracula´s Curse tunes (my favorite and best Castlevania, for me).

Let´s wait, as its said, to a post-LoS game to be released (or simply presented) to have another 2D´s sprite CV. Portable or not. And yes, since Contra 4, I wished WayForward to make a CV 2D game :).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:02:52 PM by Mike Belmont »
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3988 on: November 02, 2012, 06:04:25 PM »
+3
Trailers are made to want you to buy or watch something. So, I still can't judge this game.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3989 on: November 03, 2012, 01:50:56 AM »
+3
As the previous posters pointed out, it's too early to compare this to any previous games, especially to a heavy hitter as Symphony of the Night. It's a bit silly to say MoF already looks better based on a few minutes of footage that is obviously manipulative.

Tags: .....?