Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848785 times)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4005 on: November 04, 2012, 05:24:55 AM »
Thereis another picture of Simon summoning a red knight with horns on its helmet. I wonder if that and this 'Sypha' looking summon are the light and dark magic bars from LoS. It could very well be Sypha but that's the first thing that came to mind
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4006 on: November 08, 2012, 10:17:28 AM »
Cox reconfirmed the 4th character (only a short prologue). The game's lenght is around 20 hours for the story. They did not lie about it for LoS, so I hope it's true.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #4007 on: November 08, 2012, 02:05:43 PM »
+1
A character you play as exclusively for a short prologue barely feels like it should count. Now if you get to play the game again with him a`la' Richter in SotN, then he counts as a bonus character. So 3 main playable characters + a bonus character (even if he turns out to only be playable for the prologue.). Poor choice of words to have said 4 playable characters, I think.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4008 on: November 08, 2012, 03:50:42 PM »
Cox reconfirmed the 4th character (only a short prologue). The game's lenght is around 20 hours for the story. They did not lie about it for LoS, so I hope it's true.

To add to that, each character's playthrough takes about 5 hours each.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4009 on: November 08, 2012, 04:48:32 PM »
To add to that, each character's playthrough takes about 5 hours each.

That's not counting exploration in order to achieve 100%. I'm curious in what order of characters we're going to play. Obviously Gabriel's first, but as far as the other 3....?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:50:36 PM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline kaiwai

• Old Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
  • There is no vampire in Belgium!!
    • WEarePES.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4010 on: November 08, 2012, 07:25:11 PM »
I'll say: Gabriel > Trevor > Simon > Alucard (and then, the doors for LoS2 will be open) ...

But, it's just pure and poor conjecture.  :D

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #4011 on: November 09, 2012, 12:55:52 AM »
Cox said it would be possible to re-play stages with all the characters IIRC.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4012 on: November 09, 2012, 01:22:10 AM »
Cox confirmed MoF's prologue is set before LoS. So, he's Gabriel and not Dracula yet.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:26:59 AM by Chernabogue »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4013 on: November 09, 2012, 05:47:54 AM »
That's explains the changes to his outfit I guess. It's a bit confusing, though. Why set it before LoS1?

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4014 on: November 09, 2012, 06:44:11 AM »
That's explains the changes to his outfit I guess. It's a bit confusing, though. Why set it before LoS1?

Maybe something important happened that set Gabriel on the path to become manipulated by Zobek, kill Marie, etc.

Or it could just be totally irrelevant just to show that Dracul was once a skilled warrior for The Brotherhood. The game's supposed to be self-contained with no need to play LOS1 to understand it...
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4015 on: November 09, 2012, 07:04:59 AM »
Cox said earlier that the prologue of MoF should have been part of the DLC's but that Konami did not let them enough time to do it.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4016 on: November 13, 2012, 08:20:50 AM »
Ahahahaha... Classic, Dave Cox... Classic!

(click to show/hide)

I will say, that to openly reply to this mistake, he's more human than some people think him to be. I wonder how many more of these "mistakes" will be detected before the release... I wan't to see them in the game myself, lol.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:23:03 AM by Zetheraxza »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4017 on: November 13, 2012, 09:22:21 AM »
Nice to see them taking continuity error reports seriously. However, this now begs the question, if this prologue happens pre getting the Seraph wings, then what is this a prologue to? Was this a chapter that was supposed to be in the main game of LoS? Was this supposed DLC an 'oops, we should have included this before' thing?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #4018 on: November 13, 2012, 09:24:30 AM »
Dracula up and personal more than ever. No ho ho ho I [attack] and disappear like a prick just to get a cheap hit on you I like it. But if there is one thing I want from Gabriel is that he should use a spear I mean he is a up and close Dracula why not use one?

Funny enough, these are the sort of guerrilla tactics the real Dracula used when defending Walachia from the Turks.
"Stuff and things."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4019 on: November 13, 2012, 12:41:12 PM »
Nice to see them taking continuity error reports seriously. However, this now begs the question, if this prologue happens pre getting the Seraph wings, then what is this a prologue to? Was this a chapter that was supposed to be in the main game of LoS? Was this supposed DLC an 'oops, we should have included this before' thing?

Probably some narrative focus on Gabriel when he was following the order, as well as Gabriel and Marie's relationship, and showing the faces of, and or the workings of, the order itself. This is all a good basis for whats to come with Trevor's story. Otherwise we'll know next to nothing about it. It's probably the journey that Marie had the baby on, and hid it from Gabriel.

Tags: .....?