Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848570 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4245 on: December 18, 2012, 03:10:51 AM »
See, that would make too much sense, and it's been made very obvious that MS wants to pit the Belmonts up against Dracula. If Trevor found out that Gabriel was not responsible for Marie's death due to being controlled and had since then not only taken revenge for the act but also saved the world TWICE and gave up his humanity specifically to do so, he'd have to be pretty emotionally stunted to take that information and continue with "I still hate you vampire dad!".

Plus since the Belmont hunt Drac!Gabriel to modern day times, how much do you want to bet that either that huge gaping plot thread is still dangling right in front of everyone's face OR Cox forces some other "unspeakable act" upon Clan Belmont for them to blame Gabe for in order to keep things moving along? It's the only explanation I have for everyone conveniently forgetting/not knowing Gabriel saved all of humanity twice over and got super screwed over in the end. (I'm sorry MS, but you made Gabriel The Woobie and I can't see him as being anything but the tragic hero/villain now and I want my catharsis for him, dammit!)

Sindra, you are a cruel mistress. Can't a boy dream? :P (+1)
I'll say this. Being raised by an order of holy knights for the exclusive purpose of killing your own father-turned-evil-vampire probably would leave you that emotionally stunted. Also, the Belmonts in this continuity exhibit a certain... shortsightedness. Let's just say they could use some anger management lessons.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #4246 on: December 18, 2012, 02:53:22 PM »
Oh, you mean some combination of Laser-Guided Destiny, Blood Knight and Contractual Genre Blindness befalls anyone with the name Belmont.

Sounds about right.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #4247 on: December 18, 2012, 02:57:44 PM »
Y-you go to tvtropes too? Puwexil introduced me to that site, he edits some of the pages. I think i've lost days reading through that site...

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4248 on: December 18, 2012, 03:50:03 PM »
I'm a TVTroper as well.
I've edited only ONE article... I don't even remember which one it was, but it had Castlevania in it.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4249 on: December 18, 2012, 05:36:03 PM »
You can imagine I edit the Mega Man page when I spot something wrong.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #4250 on: December 18, 2012, 06:37:56 PM »
Oh, you mean some combination of Laser-Guided Destiny, Blood Knight and Contractual Genre Blindness befalls anyone with the name Belmont.

Sounds about right.

I'm not very familiar with TVTropes, so I had to look those up. But, yeah. That pretty much it.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4251 on: December 18, 2012, 06:39:02 PM »
You guys are on tvtropes way too much. Havent you heard that tvtropes will ruin your life?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4252 on: December 18, 2012, 07:20:32 PM »
You can imagine I edit the Mega Man page

ZANON

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4253 on: December 18, 2012, 07:23:36 PM »
Quote from: Kingshango
You guys are on tvtropes way too much. Havent you heard that tvtropes will ruin your life?
Yes, but with the knowledge it grants, our life is but a small price to pay.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:25:37 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4254 on: December 18, 2012, 09:39:42 PM »

It really does.  ;D I can never get too much else done once I start reading there. Matter of fact, I'm on there right now, reading up on Hellsing. (Bored)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4255 on: December 20, 2012, 07:05:41 PM »
So, the game is finished. Yay!

(click to show/hide)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4256 on: December 21, 2012, 12:35:00 AM »
So, the game is finished. Yay!

(click to show/hide)

and that lip sync it's sort of growing on me , but if they could fix that the game could be platinum.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4257 on: December 21, 2012, 05:48:15 AM »
If I was them, I'd use these 2 next months polishing the Framerate...

I think what you mean to say is, use the next two months for publisher and Nintendo certification. Then cartridge, manual, and case manufacturing. Then shipments to get them to the stores by the release date.

Whatever they have right now, is whatever we're getting.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4258 on: December 22, 2012, 03:33:41 PM »
I'm still hoping that they will make a legit limited edition for the game. Not some preorder case gimmick.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4259 on: December 22, 2012, 04:14:01 PM »
HO HO HO "Pre-order now and receive a limited special "Heroes" Costume pack!additional charges may apply" -USA only

Chances for a Konamistyle Limited Edition like what they did for OoE, DXC, etc.? Slim to none. (still Japan-only)
Chances for a package with a couple extra 3DS skins or a keychain charm, maybe even a mini-replica of Trevor that's exclusive to Europe only? Pretty damn high.

Tags: .....? 

anything