Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849090 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5145 on: March 05, 2013, 09:49:32 AM »
+1
I've got it, but i haven't played it yet, because some personal problems, didn't left me with time for my self and still i haven't finished LoS, i'm at chapter 9-3 and also i'm too tired today, because last night, i've spent it on a hospital, walking all night long, without getting a glimpse of sleep.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5146 on: March 05, 2013, 10:14:32 AM »
Am in the store right now paying for the game as I type this

Am very excite!!

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5147 on: March 05, 2013, 10:43:26 AM »
+2
I know we've pretty much most of the game but here's the launch trailer.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate Launch Trailer

Offline somasworld

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #5148 on: March 05, 2013, 10:52:12 AM »
Another new reviews from all around the world!!!

This game is amazing !!!

Nintendo Insider: 93
Official Nintendo Magazine: 92
VideoGamer: 90
gamerfuzion: 8.8/10
GameInformer: 8.5/10
Nintendoworldreport: 8,5/10
Vandal (Spanish site): 85
Gamestrust: 85
CVG: 8.4
Meristation (Spanish site): 8.3
Nintendo Life: 8/10
godisageek: 8/10
pocketgamer: 8/10
thegamershub: 4,5/5
huffingtonpost: 4/5
press-play: 4/5
tvballa: 4/5
MComputerandvideogames: 4/ 5
gadgetshow: 4/5
Giga: 80
Metro Gamecentral: 80
Edge Magazine: 70
Eurogamer: 7
EGM: 6.5/10
Gamesradar: 6/10
IGN:(USA) 4.7
IGN:(Germany) 8,0
IGN: (Spain) 90
kotaku: "Mof is fun in its own fashion"
multiplayer: 8.8
gamestats: 8.9
gamesvillage.it: 8 / 10
vgnetwork.it: 8.5 / 10
Biogamer Girl: 8/10
GamersGlobal: 8.5

Offline MelancholySpork12

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5149 on: March 05, 2013, 11:23:23 AM »
+1
Wow. It's really only IGN USA that hated the game. I wonder why they have so much beef with it? I mean come on.

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5150 on: March 05, 2013, 11:38:54 AM »
+3
The IGN guy was obviously expecting a SOTN clone and was disappointed he didn't get that. He had a preconcieved notion that this CV was going to be like many prior games and had no idea what hit him when he realized it's something new.

This is where my problem with SOTN comes into focus...

In many ways, it's the pinnacle of the series but it also is somewhat of a detriment since people compare every CV game to it and expect certain SOTN-style features & gameplay. IGN obviously doesn't "get it."
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5151 on: March 05, 2013, 11:48:20 AM »
Quote from: Thunderbird
In many ways, it's the pinnacle of the series but it also is somewhat of a detriment since people compare every CV game to it and expect certain SOTN-style features & gameplay. IGN obviously doesn't "get it."

that's why I always say Symphony is like "lightning in a bottle," so to speak. It was a near-perfect combination of programmers with vivid imaginations, the timing was just right, etc. It's the classic "gift and a curse" scenario, as almost every 2D game will be compared to it (and in some cases 3D games, usually where music is concerned)

We have been living in a post-SotN world; however the select few of us that's been with the series since the 80's have a different view as we've seen CV evolve every step of the way *goes back to playing MoF*

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5152 on: March 05, 2013, 11:56:55 AM »
So far, I am pleased with scores. It is exactly how I thought it will turn out. For 10/10 the game should have been something really exceptional on too many levels. Though, IGN surprised me.

Gathering all this reviews and (partially) translating and categorizing them for the blog of my friend will be quite a task.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5153 on: March 05, 2013, 11:57:23 AM »
+1
Wow. It's really only IGN USA that hated the game. I wonder why they have so much beef with it? I mean come on.

IGN is pretty terrible though, so I didn't expect any less from them.

My copy is right on schedule, so I should be getting it today. Excited to both play the game, and to have a game for the 3DS XL I just got. Woohoo!
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5154 on: March 05, 2013, 12:08:37 PM »
I just got it!!!!  ;D Putting it right now also the case is freaking cheap...  :'(
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5155 on: March 05, 2013, 12:09:49 PM »
that's why I always say Symphony is like "lightning in a bottle," so to speak. It was a near-perfect combination of programmers with vivid imaginations, the timing was just right, etc. It's the classic "gift and a curse" scenario, as almost every 2D game will be compared to it (and in some cases 3D games, usually where music is concerned)

We have been living in a post-SotN world; however the select few of us that's been with the series since the 80's have a different view as we've seen CV evolve every step of the way *goes back to playing MoF*

What about the ones that were born in the 90's but started off with the classics?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #5156 on: March 05, 2013, 12:37:26 PM »
+1
I've always thought of IGN having biased reviews. this definitely proves my point
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5157 on: March 05, 2013, 02:42:17 PM »
+1

Very good scores so far. As for IGN I'm not upset or anything, and I genuinely believe that the guy didn't like the game at all. And that's fine. There will probably be people who think he's spot on, and others who'll call him biased. After playing the demo I'm really interested in the game, so I'm pretty sure I'll disagree with that particular reviewer. But at the same time I'm glad there are different points of views. It is a ridiculously low score though. Hmmm. I wanna see what Gamespot, Gametrailers etc says. Not that reviews are that important to me, but I enjoy reading as many as possible to get "the full picture" or whatever. The game will be bought regardless though.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5158 on: March 05, 2013, 03:44:59 PM »
+1
I would buy this right up if I had a 3DS. :\
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #5159 on: March 05, 2013, 04:44:13 PM »
+1
I know we've pretty much most of the game but here's the launch trailer.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate Launch Trailer
That was an awesome trailer, loved the artwork. The Toymaker reminds me of Eggman from Sonic the Hedgehog.

I still want to pick this game up, hopefully I can get it over Spring Break.

Tags: .....?