Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Nintendo Wii U Live Stream  (Read 9070 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2012, 08:36:09 AM »
+1
Perhaps someone can answer a question I have about the current editions of this game. Arkham Asylum makes me sick. I never really experience motion sickness from video games, but this one really does me in every time because of the low angle cam that shakes around a ton whenever Batman runs.

So, can anyone tell me if the sequel has the same kinda camera? I'm reeeaaally hoping not. I want to love the first one, but as it is, I doubt I'll ever finish it unless I just never run anywhere. I also don't know if I'll buy the sequel ever unless it fixes the camera.

Seriously, playing the first game for an hour or two, I feel nauseated for the rest of the day, and the only way to get rid of the queasiness and headache is to sleep for a good few hours. Pills and such, downing tons of water...doesn't make me feel any better.

Whoever decided that shaky camera BS from the movies was a good idea for gaming is turd of a human being.

I reserved a basic unit. Couldn't help myself. I haven't reserved a game console... ever. But I want one of these early on. Plus it helps that I don't have to buy a whole new set of peripherals. I wanted to reserve the deluxe set, but the guy at GameStop said they weren't available, or already ran out or something having to do with Nintendo saying don't expect any more any time soon. Anyone else heard anything about the black units being on short supply?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2012, 06:35:34 PM »
I reserved a basic unit. Couldn't help myself. I haven't reserved a game console... ever. But I want one of these early on. Plus it helps that I don't have to buy a whole new set of peripherals. I wanted to reserve the deluxe set, but the guy at GameStop said they weren't available, or already ran out or something having to do with Nintendo saying don't expect any more any time soon. Anyone else heard anything about the black units being on short supply?

Its new to me too, maybe Nintendo understimated their own sales this time.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2012, 08:43:06 PM »
Oy, the 3DS is region-locked? Grumble, grumble.

Thankfully with the SNES and N64, playing Japanese games on a US console is easy-peasy, just get rid of the plastic tabs that prevent the cartridges from being pushed all the way down.

I do not think so it plays my jump ultimate stars yugi and kaiba FTW. Burst stream of destruction. unless it's just 3ds games.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 05:34:22 AM »
I do not think so it plays my jump ultimate stars yugi and kaiba FTW. Burst stream of destruction. unless it's just 3ds games.

Yes, its only region-locked for 3DS games.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2012, 11:09:27 AM »
If I know my former employers, I imagine it'll be a limited first shipment to feed the hype and make it seem like a "hard to get" item. Then when Black Friday (Friday after Thanksgiving that becomes a major sales holiday for the consumerist culture of America) rolls around a HUGE shipment will be distributed and everyone will be clamoring for one as Christmas gifts. Worked for the 64, remember that?

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2012, 12:11:35 PM »
I didnt remember, since I dont live in US and at the time I was a child (Also I didnt even knew any word in english, I didnt even knew that the other countries are so distant haha), but what you are saying makes sense, I agree with you.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:16:53 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: