Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Castletoria" - In Development!  (Read 138501 times)

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: "Castle of Nightmares" - DEMO INCLUDED!
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2014, 10:37:50 AM »
This is the early draft of the Skeleton Knight:

I am still thinking of new monsters that will fit this area like treants, some kind of forest ghosts or something like that :)

EDIT: I have finished the animation and most of the coding for the Skeleton Knight!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 11:46:20 AM by Zuljaras »
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2014, 11:51:40 AM »
I am still thinking of new monsters that will fit this area like treants, some kind of forest ghosts or something like that :)

Don't forget about the 'Will 'O' wisps' too. They're usually found in forests.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2014, 10:42:45 AM »
Don't forget about the 'Will 'O' wisps' too. They're usually found in forests.

I will definetely add a spirit/ghost enemy but I think that it will be a Spirit Mask. A wooden mask possessed by the ghost of a forest witch.

The past few days I have been drawing sprites/tiles and thinking of new weapons and enemies.

I need to draw some more tiles because I want to put as much detail as possible into the game. I have reduced the the brightness of the whole level because it was too bright :)

I have created a new normal type weapon - Iron Mace and I have increased the animation speed of the normal weapons so the hero will now swing a little faster.

I have around 120 tiles for "The Park" but as I see it I need a lot more :(
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2014, 03:19:15 AM »
Guys I need a native English speaker to tell me if this text has any errors:

It is said by the ancients that we, the mankind, are created for one and only purpose … to be the toys of the Gods. We are given life and when the time comes we give it back. This is our circle, out fate. We have accepted it.
In the past we craved for prosperity. We were devoted to the Gods. We built temples to earn their love and at the end to go in peace. But the times have changed. People started to give more to some Gods and nothing for others. That was the turning point in our history. The conflict between the Gods was inevitable and we were in the middle. The mankind changed.
When people start to believe that evil is necessary to survive, the Gods playground is revealed. An ancient Castle rises to plague the World with shadows and madness. The ones who are lucky enough to escape death are scattered and afraid to trust anyone.
In this time of need many orders were created to protect the defenseless. And to this day mankind suffers in the shadows.

I appreciate any help!!! :)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #184 on: January 27, 2014, 01:46:38 PM »
Not bad, but I would change it to:

"It is said by the ancients that we, mankind, are created for one and only purpose … to be the toys of the Gods. We are given life and when the time comes we give it back. This is our circle, our fate. We have accepted it.
In the past we craved prosperity. We were devoted to the Gods. We built temples to earn their love and at the end to go in peace. But times have changed. People started sacrificing more to some Gods and gave nothing to others. That was the turning point in our history. The conflict between the Gods was inevitable and we were in the middle. Mankind changed.
When people start to believe that evil is necessary to survive, the playground of the Gods is revealed. An ancient Castle rises to plague the World with shadows and madness. The ones who are lucky enough to escape death are scattered and afraid to trust anyone.
In this time of need many orders were created to protect the defenseless. And to this day mankind suffers in the shadows."

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2014, 02:16:11 PM »
Not bad, but I would change it to:

"It is said by the ancients that we, mankind, are created for one and only purpose … to be the toys of the Gods. We are given life and when the time comes we give it back. This is our circle, our fate. We have accepted it.
In the past we craved prosperity. We were devoted to the Gods. We built temples to earn their love and at the end to go in peace. But times have changed. People started sacrificing more to some Gods and gave nothing to others. That was the turning point in our history. The conflict between the Gods was inevitable and we were in the middle. Mankind changed.
When people start to believe that evil is necessary to survive, the playground of the Gods is revealed. An ancient Castle rises to plague the World with shadows and madness. The ones who are lucky enough to escape death are scattered and afraid to trust anyone.
In this time of need many orders were created to protect the defenseless. And to this day mankind suffers in the shadows."

Thank you I guess I only made a mistake with the giving more to some gods and nothing to others.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2014, 01:28:53 AM »
Yep. Also, "Mankind" doesn't need a "the" before it, I changed that :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2014, 02:05:25 AM »
Thank you :)

Could you also check this text for errors?

One of those organizations is the Order of Justice. Its warriors wield both strength and magic. One exceptional man named Erhard Tarein was raised by the Order because his family was killed by demons many years ago. He trained in the arts of combat and magic and travelled the world to help others that were in dire need. When he came back from one of his journeys the masters of the Order told him that a mysterious Castle has appeared not far from their homes. Unfortunately the Castle influences the abilities of the knights and they couldn’t use any magic to fight evil. They grew weaker with every passing day. Fearless, Erhard decided to go in the Castle and search for an answer for this disaster.

However he was weaker than before.He couldn’t use his spells anymore. Armed only with his trusty dagger he ventured into the Castle knowing that might lead to his death.

It is short and simple beginning of the story in Castle of Nightmares.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 03:17:28 AM by Zuljaras »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2014, 11:04:44 AM »
It is said by the ancients that we, mankind, are created for one and only purpose …

There is a text error in here. I'll clear it up for you.

"It is said by the ancients that we, mankind, are created for only one purpose …"

This line works better then the above.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2014, 01:04:56 PM »
Thank you! What about the second part? Could you check it :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2014, 06:01:37 PM »
I gave it a read-through and it seems fine. So no real need to correct anything there.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2014, 12:06:19 AM »
I feel stupid for asking but I need to know which is correct:

"Zuljaras presents" or "Zuljaras present"

I have looked over the internet but both are used in different situations so could anyone help me with that too.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2014, 12:43:39 AM »
I feel stupid for asking but I need to know which is correct:

"Zuljaras presents" or "Zuljaras present"

I have looked over the internet but both are used in different situations so could anyone help me with that too.
First one IMO.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2014, 01:19:37 AM »
Skeleton Knight:
Standing

Attacking

Keep in mind that the attacking animation of the sword trail is transparent in the game. :)

I am also working on the spell system now. I will have to code the new magic damage, spell power aspects. I will introduce items that will boost the damage of the spells.

Many stupid bugs were fixed in the past few days ... frustrating! :D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 01:38:46 AM by Zuljaras »

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2014, 05:52:29 AM »
Hello everyone!

Long time no update!

Well I made some changes and now I have a new video to show you.

Castle of Nightmares - Part 8!

Tell me what you think! It is not 100% realy ofc. but those are only 13 rooms of the Castle Park. There are going to be around 44 rooms only in this area.

The enemies need some work because they are kinda too slow and predictable but I can fix that :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 04:09:36 AM by Zuljaras »

anything