Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Metal Gear thread  (Read 5441 times)

SymboliC

Metal Gear thread
« on: October 03, 2007, 03:41:46 PM »

So who has been a fan of the series? I started in MGS1, and I have played all, the only ones I didn't finish are MG and MG2 from the MSX (the ones with MGS3 Subsistence)

This game is really top-notch. Great, great story, cool gameplay, I couldn't ask more for a better action game. Of course, there are others out there, but what other game can:

1. Read your memory card and ask if you like Castlevania (!)

2. Moving your controller on the floor back in the 90's

3. Greet you on your birthday, as well as inform you of any other b-days

4. Kill a boss just by NOT playing the game for days

ROFL! Those are just small easter egg details, but if you get what I man, if a game like this puts priority in just itsy-bitty gameplay features like these, you can expect the main deal, the story and gameplay, to be very good.

So MGS4 is set to be released sometime in early 2008 (March 2008 as of now), and Metal Gear online is also going to be awesome because of all the MGS characters you can use. Discuss!

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: Metal Gear thread
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 06:49:09 PM »
MGS2's oddball story verged on stupdity, but other than that I'm addicted to MGS and MGS3. I haven't played the MSX originals, nor have I beaten the NES Metal Gear. My loss  :(
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 07:40:04 PM »
In Reply To #2

I beat the first MSX title, but not the second...which is pretty friggin' hard, might I add...
...also, I read parts of a very in-depth analysis of MGS2 that saw Raiden as designed to be a failure to replace Solid Snake, hence the ending of him having to live his own life, and not follow the footsteps of another.
Heres the link; its a pretty interesting read.
http://www.deltaheadtranslation.com/MGS2/DOTM_TOC.htm
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 07:41:50 PM by Slayer »
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

SymboliC

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 12:52:54 AM »

If I'm not mistaken there is also another very good formal analysis for MGS2. That's the only game ever to reach pages upon pages of very interesting and knowledgable information about MGS2's role in the series.

Fans are just simply annoyed by the fact that they couldn't play as Snake in the majority of the game. No problem, but as they act like it continually they missed what the game really intended to.

NEWS: There's a limited edition of MGS4, which includes a replica of Snake's Bandanna, cool!!

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 01:49:22 AM »
I love the series, one of my favourites along with CV,Zelda and Metroid. MGS2 is to me the obvious standout. At the time the sheer production values for it were a complete knockout. And the plot is just so unforgetttable isn't it? A very cleverly written script, I think.

SymboliC

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 09:41:46 AM »

Hey ya all, Metal Gear Solid 4 now has a release date (simultaneous world-wide release), for the PS3.

It's June 12, 2008, or 6/12/2008.

There is a PS3 bundle along with the game. This game is gonna rock!

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 01:31:57 PM »

Hey ya all, Metal Gear Solid 4 now has a release date (simultaneous world-wide release), for the PS3.

It's June 12, 2008, or 6/12/2008.

There is a PS3 bundle along with the game. This game is gonna rock!
http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/forums/index.php?topic=721.0
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 02:07:15 PM »
In Reply To #4

Or they could've been like me where they just found Raiden to be a total loser, listening to his girl whine in the middle of the mission all day. And the way he acts, though I don't know personally, seems ever so rookie.

I know hes not, with his history of that child training thingymajig, but ugh, the way he acts and such.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 02:12:23 PM »
In Reply To #8

Well, she's there to throw Raiden off. If he could still get through that even with all the bickering then he must be doing something right.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 02:45:38 PM »
I can't wait for this game.  With the recent announcements from Kojima that they had to cut features out to fit the game on a BD disc w/o compressing the audio and cut scenes, it is probably safe to assume that this game isn't comming to the 360 unless Kojima or someone else decides to compress the audio and video to make it fit.

Offline Holycross

• Apprentice
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 03:16:19 PM »
Snake will be on brawl ! I cant wait. :-X

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tags: