Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rpg General Discussion  (Read 35754 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2013, 12:33:10 PM »
We're posting awesome RPG music now? Well, ok!

Riviera: The Promised Land - Battle Against Demons (Cut & Looped)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2013, 02:37:45 PM »
+1
We're posting awesome RPG music now? Well, ok!

post anything rpg related ... anything  :P

like this funky tune

Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha Vs. King Abaddon OST: Theme of Raidou 2008

(Umm if anyone is interested would you like to see a rendition of Raidou if I drew him?)

Also because I have a crush on her here is a lilina pic  :)

(click to show/hide)

And

16-Bit Gems - #30: Rise of the RPG - A History
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:47:37 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2013, 02:59:20 PM »
Doing a quick search for "Phantasy Star 1" on deviant art this was near the top of the results.

(From: http://seijiwolf.deviantart.com/) I like to think that if Odin had actually looked like that when you found him, the others would have teased him for the rest of the journey. (Or heck, even just looking like he actually does when you find him.) I can imagine many barely stifled snickers at "stone" and "snake" jokes during the course of that particular epic quest.

Let's be thankful no Belmont has wound up in such a conundrum. (That we know of.) God knows there's been enough opportunities.

Much as I enjoyed Phantasy Star I wish my US Master System had the higher quality sound-chip so I could have heard the game's soundtrack in its full glory when I played it. To illustrate-
Phantasy Star 1 - Japanese & EU/USA Version Music and Sound Comparison
The non-enhanced (US/EU) dungeon audio is a bit creepier but the FM version has an almost Castlevania like feel to it. And clearly that version of the soundtrack is better overall.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:12:31 PM by Ratty »

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2013, 08:23:28 PM »
Lufia Ruins of Lore Boss battle music MP3 in discription

Not a fan of the game, just liked the boss theme and several other tracks from it.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2013, 11:41:45 PM »
So Neobelmont, you sent us a sad theme eh? I'll rase you three sad themes. Both from FF VI. And all actually made me shed tears.

Final Fantasy VI Symphonic Music - Coin Song

S.S.H. - Forever Rachel(Final Fantasy VI)

Final Fantasy VI Symphonic Music - Daryl's Epitaph [Re-Worked]
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2013, 06:00:37 AM »
So is anyone else looking forward to the eventual release of DaggerXL as part of the XL Engine? Finally be able to a stable, bug-fixed version of The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall for modern systems. xlengine.com/blog/ It's been inching towards Beta for what seems like forever. I'll be happy when it's done not only because I can then play Daggerfall (which has been released for free by Bethesda) but also so the developer can concentrate on his reverse engineered ports of One Unit Whole Blood and Star Wars: Dark Forces.
XL Engine Update - DaggerXL Software Rendering Support
www.xlengine.com/blog/

By the way does anyone have any good guides to modifying Morrowind? I've wanted to play it forever but 1. The unmodified combat is SO BAD. 2. I can't seem to get both a widescreen aspect ratio and adjust the UI to readable levels.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:13:44 AM by Ratty »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2013, 10:00:27 AM »
I would really love it if someone were to take the Skyrim engine (script extenders too), the graphical capabilities of both Skyrim and Oblivion (Fan mods too) and remade all the original Elder Scrolls games. I'd definitely play them!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2013, 10:24:07 AM »
I would really love it if someone were to take the Skyrim engine (script extenders too), the graphical capabilities of both Skyrim and Oblivion (Fan mods too) and remade all the original Elder Scrolls games. I'd definitely play them!

Don't know about all of the games in the series but this has been done in two projects for Morrowind. Morroblivion and Skywind. http://morroblivion.com/ unfortunately my PC isn't up for either of them.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2013, 07:04:34 PM »
Quick!!!! Legend of Dragoon 2 or Legend of Legaia 2
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2013, 08:14:59 PM »
We already have a Legaia 2, though it's not a direct sequel.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2013, 05:09:22 AM »
We already have a Legaia 2, though it's not a direct sequel.
You are correct. It sucks that i couldnt remember that one. But im still dying to get a sequel to LoD
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2013, 06:50:40 AM »
Then again, that's kinda the problem with Legaia 2. It wasn't as memorable an experience as Legend of Legaia was.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2013, 01:31:12 AM »
Then again, that's kinda the problem with Legaia 2. It wasn't as memorable an experience as Legend of Legaia was.

Hey hey hey........i love both games and while Legaia 2 doesn't have a memorable story like the first one, it sure has a more interesting game play mechanism. I'd love to see a Legend of Legaia 3!! :)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2013, 11:00:17 PM »
So Neobelmont, you sent us a sad theme eh? I'll rase you three sad themes. Both from FF VI. And all actually made me shed tears.

Hmm how to top that I wonder.

But in the mean time I found something really cool  I present to the dungeon

Digital Devil Monogatari: Megami Tensei ( the other parts are in the spoilers  :) please watch it )

some more info but here is what I want to point out

"Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei (Japanese: デジタル・デビル物語 女神転生 Hepburn: Dejitaru Debiru Sutōrī Megami Tensei?) is the first game of the popular Megami Tensei series of role-playing video games. It is based on the novel Digital Devil Story by Aya Nishitani. Although Atlus has published a majority of the series, the first two games were created by Atlus but published by Namco (known as Namcot at the time), after it bought the video game rights to the Japanese horror novel series by Aya Nishitani, the first named Digital Devil Story.[1] This game is a role-playing video game that features extensive dungeon crawling and focuses heavily on demons, which have gone on to become a trademark of the series"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Devil_Story:_Megami_Tensei

It's a series of books and Atlus has not even tried to translate them WTF! I would buy this instantly  :o  I love me some books.

Digital Devil Monogatari: Megami Tensei [1/4]

Also because I love blue haired girls I've been watching Shin megami tensei Devil survivor 2 and one of my favorite characters besides the mc and his pal is  makoto sako

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:15:09 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Tags:

anything