Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What do you guys think about a castlevania movie?  (Read 3705 times)

BestInTheBusiness

What do you guys think about a castlevania movie?
« on: February 08, 2008, 10:35:12 AM »
One has BEEN in talks forever... I found this 6 months ago... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488982/... Originally it was going to be Paul W.S. Anderson writing and directing... then he let sylvain white (director of "stomp the yard.") direct and paul would just write... then he dropped off the project completely to work on death race 3000 and they have Ian Jeffers writing it now and anderson's script has been thrown out... I have been checking the page for 6 months and they still only have the same two people (in-talks) they are considering acting in it... the writer's strike I'm sure will delay the project further... and at kotaku.com they claim they have possible script pages written... you can find those here...
http://kotaku.com/350727/want-a-peek-at-the-castlevania-scre
enplay

But, in your opinion... what do you think about a castlevania movie and who do you think should be in it? ... and I hope the possible spoiler script that kotaku.com has on there is fake because they have Trevor and Christopher Belmont as brothers and would be completely breaking the timeline... although I did like that Drac was called Mathia Cronqvist.

BestInTheBusiness

Re: What do you guys think about a castlevania movie?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 10:36:47 AM »
... or do you think they shouldn't even make a castlevania movie?

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 01:58:07 PM »
I don't think it's gonna happen.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 02:44:14 PM »
Don't really care, i'll watch it since i'm a CV fan, but I can't see myself ending up liking it much. So many games had their images ruined by movies after all.

Nina

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 01:28:41 AM »
I think it would be insanely cool with a Castlevania-movie ! It think it would be nice if it was based on Symphony of the Night since its my favorite Castlevania-game 8)

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 05:39:55 AM »
It'll probably suck (Trevor has a brother Christopher who's straight out of cv adventure, 100 years ahead, then there's Bartley from even further in the time, and she's a succubus. And then Mathias Cronqvist is Dracula's minion), so i'll just get a pirate copy not to waste money on it.

Also this belongs in cv discussion forum I think, it's cv related and not hardcore gaming, and as far as I know cv stuff goes to cv forum, and everything else that's not cv related to either gaming or off topic. :o

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 04:07:27 PM »
In Reply To #1

I'm against it.

I tend to dislike game-movies in general. Unless it's Street Fighter, which was hilarious.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 11:10:31 AM »
I believe its going to plain suck, as Serio said it's out of it's timeline. And the director, I don't give a damn about his movies. We need a real badass director to pull of a feat this unimaginable.

Tags:

anything