Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow Alucard Mode Hack  (Read 14864 times)

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow Alucard Mode Hack
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 02:04:27 PM »
Since you can at least hack the graphics for DoS, could you possibly do a hack that restores the blood color to red?
Couple of years ago, I used the same method I did to PoR to fix the blood color in DoS but failed to get any results. The blood color is still the same.

BTW, DPAlucard, I think Alucard's afterimage color would look better if it's blue-ish like the one from SotN. Also, is that the resized Alucard sprites or the bigger one from SotN?

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2016, 02:47:54 PM »
BTW, DPAlucard, I think Alucard's afterimage color would look better if it's blue-ish like the one from SotN. Also, is that the resized Alucard sprites or the bigger one from SotN?

I'm not DPAlucard but: What "resized Alucard sprites" are these people keep referring to when Dawn of Sorrow is involved?

If you're referring to "resized sprites on Dawn" they weren't resized. The ones on Dawn are the same exact ones from SotN, sans a black outline that was added to make them pop out.

If someone gets hold of these fabled resized frames that aren't fanmade, please tell me where to find them. That would actually be useful to me.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:56:08 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 04:16:37 PM »
I'm not DPAlucard but: What "resized Alucard sprites" are these people keep referring to when Dawn of Sorrow is involved?

If you're referring to "resized sprites on Dawn" they weren't resized. The ones on Dawn are the same exact ones from SotN, sans a black outline that was added to make them pop out.

If someone gets hold of these fabled resized frames that aren't fanmade, please tell me where to find them. That would actually be useful to me.

Well the only resize i know its when you use the shoes and in the sega saturn version all the sprites are a little wide but the normal Alucard from SotN its the same size in DoS.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2016, 05:43:40 PM »

Left: DoS
Right: SotN
See the differences for yourself. It is actually resized in-game but if you extract it using tool like Tile Molester, it is the same size like the SotN one.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2016, 06:59:55 PM »
Left: DoS
Right: SotN
See the differences for yourself. It is actually resized in-game but if you extract it using tool like Tile Molester, it is the same size like the SotN one.

AH so that explains it. They did it in-engine, not through the sprites themselves. Though, I did notice that this exact same frame you posted from Alucard appears undistorted when you first meet Alucard with Julius, but gets distorted when you PLAY as Alucard.

I wonder why they resized him when his sprite was fine as it was.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 07:04:33 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2016, 03:34:26 PM »
Couple of years ago, I used the same method I did to PoR to fix the blood color in DoS but failed to get any results. The blood color is still the same.

Hey dude sorry for the late reply, I have been busy with playing other games notably the new Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 game, its always nice to take a breather from hacking every now and then lol.

But to answer your question, its the resized one from Dawn of Sorrow, all the code does is swap the playable Alucard form Julius Mode with Soma, and regarding the resized thing you guys where talking about earlier, I would imagine they decided to resize his sprite using the ingame engine so it would line up correctly with the hitbox of the enemies, I've noticed while playing this hack myself that a lot of Soma's sword based weapons matches and lines up great with Alucard's attack animations (not counting the spears,guns, or heavy swords) which leads me to believe that they decided to lower his sprite height to line up more correctly with how they had already programed the enemies hitboxes ingame, now why they decided to show the full and none resized sprite within the initial meeting in Julius mode is beyond me lol.

But If I knew how to narrow down Soma's ingame palette I would add the correct sized Alucard to the maingame just to see how well the weapons would line up myself.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Tags:

anything