Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 217418 times)

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #390 on: October 29, 2014, 12:07:03 AM »
hey man, your project is the holy shit!! really is a great project  :), I love it, well we all loved, the bad is the wait to play this game, good luck with the project!

Offline the_truth

• Like it or not... the truth still is what it is!
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #391 on: October 29, 2014, 03:03:02 AM »
While I will admit that my initial thoughts when I saw this project were ones of COMPLETE revulsion, and questions of "how drunk must this guy be to come up with an idea like this and think it will work," after seeing it now I have to say It looks like it could potentially be lots of fun! Its still an odd idea to me, and graphics wise it looks like a frankensteined hack, slice, chop job, with a few kinks to work out here and there. But I could see myself playing this and just thinking it was really fun and exciting! And that really is what's most important in a game.  ;D

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #392 on: October 29, 2014, 06:14:04 AM »
hey man, your project is the holy shit!! really is a great project  :), I love it, well we all loved, the bad is the wait to play this game, good luck with the project!

Thanks man! Long time in the making dude to real life stuff. There's probably in reality only over a year of work in it, so still a ways to go but it's finally getting there. Can't wait to knock out these few remaining stages for the main game and get to the nitty-gritty character stuff.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #393 on: October 29, 2014, 12:22:54 PM »
wow! one year? is a short time is little time for advance, as the game looks fantastic, and the movements and stages look great too!!  :D
I will follow the line of the project. Thanks

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #394 on: October 29, 2014, 01:05:38 PM »
wow! one year? is a short time is little time for advance, as the game looks fantastic, and the movements and stages look great too!!  :D
I will follow the line of the project. Thanks

Thanks man! Yeah, school kind of got in the way! lol

I started the project originally back in 2009 when I was using the Beats of Rage Engine but couldn't really invest the time into it like I should of until after I graduated last year.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #395 on: October 29, 2014, 01:37:12 PM »
I liked this sea effect. Looks very nice.

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #396 on: October 29, 2014, 03:20:44 PM »
well, I do not know what is Beats of Rage Engine, I know is a engine, but i not programming, but the style of the game looks great. And yes the water is very fine :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #397 on: October 29, 2014, 08:43:30 PM »
well, I do not know what is Beats of Rage Engine

The BoR engine was created for people to build there own side-scroller beat 'em ups. The engine emulates games like SEGA's Streets of Rage, Capcom's Final Fight, etc. You can use it to make your own beat 'em up game however you want. The engine as it stands now is a little dated and a bit limited which is why the team who made it are designing a new one with greater features and far more flexibility.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #398 on: October 29, 2014, 10:43:01 PM »
oh! thanks!! it's good to learn new things, everyday we learn something  ;D

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #399 on: December 15, 2014, 11:57:50 AM »

Some updates.

Here is the mock up I am currently spriting for the World Map.

You can see the holder for the mirror shards that you collect throughout the game.

Made some cool stage icons that will be highlighted on the map and a workable compass rose.

The secret stages are not included right now mainly because those stages aren't done yet.

I think in the next couple of days it will be live in engine.

I'll get a vid of it in action.

Early Preview:

Vamprotector: Base 1-1 Preview

Music Revamped
Vamprotector: Ghost Ship 1-1 (Music Revamp)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 02:03:26 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #400 on: December 15, 2014, 01:55:53 PM »
Vamprotector: Atlantis: 1 - 1 Revamp

Testing various enemy movement and enemy types.

Track: Operation Aquarius (Vamprotector OST)
BGM: Neo City Docks (Contra Force)
BGM: Aquarius (Dracula's Curse)

Hey man I love the progress you are making, just wanted to point out that your parallax effect in this stage seems a bit off, the clouds move at an insane speed compared to the other layers it seems. Might wanna tweak that, other than that I love the work man.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #401 on: December 15, 2014, 02:08:26 PM »
Hey man I love the progress you are making, just wanted to point out that your parallax effect in this stage seems a bit off, the clouds move at an insane speed compared to the other layers it seems. Might wanna tweak that, other than that I love the work man.

Thanks Don! I appreciate your help in my project as well! I'll definitely tweak those clouds, that is not the first time I've heard that. It's a super simple fix I just have to adjust the speed, so I can do it anytime.

On a side note, I added some cool laser traps in the Base stage, but I am reworking the code for the stage itself trying to get all the different rooms into one main frame and not multiple levels.  They will be shown in a separate vid.

Updates:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:00:53 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #402 on: February 25, 2015, 02:50:24 PM »
Well, just to give a update to what has been happening. Not too much major progress in anything in particular. I got a couple of real life issues going on at the moment and 3d is taking up my time.

Hopefully, I will be able to be back on the project in the next couple of months.

I am trying to get some strides made in some other areas, but people have been flaking out.

This is in majority a one man project with my bud Warmachine helping out from time to time. (But he has his own projects as well at the moment.)

I start school at the end of the next month as well as some real life stuff happening next month.

I might start doing some crunching at some things this weekend for the next couple of weeks.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 06:15:22 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #403 on: February 25, 2015, 05:36:09 PM »
Well you do what you can right?  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #404 on: March 01, 2015, 05:57:04 PM »
Vamprotector: Berlin,Germany 1-1

Got another stage started and done this weekend.

Almost done with most the stages. Then will come the polish pass.

Phase 1: Environments - Designing all the stages and importing them in engine   80%
             2nd Pass - Polish stages, imputing all the effects, traps, etc. 10%
             3rd Pass - Choose Your Destiny, make sure map screen works correctly, implement stage selection 10%
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 05:59:04 PM by darkmanx_429 »

anything