Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821227 times)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #315 on: May 21, 2012, 04:18:27 PM »
Wow last time I checked it was 9 pages, but now it's already in it's twenty's  :o

far from it look like if it is true then MS is stepping their game up. This new engine must really be something.

If I recall right, from the same article that got us talking about LoS 2 being on its way, an image from a presentation showed up, but nobody here talked about it.

Do we know what game that's from? It clearly looks like Lords of Shadow, but I don't ever recall seeing that ingame.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #316 on: May 21, 2012, 04:22:27 PM »
If I recall right, from the same article that got us talking about LoS 2 being on its way, an image from a presentation showed up, but nobody here talked about it.

Do we know what game that's from? It clearly looks like Lords of Shadow, but I don't ever recall seeing that ingame.
Looks like it's from Clive Barker's Jericho. There's several images of zombies with the same mark on their foreheads when I do a google search.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: May 21, 2012, 04:27:39 PM »
Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up, and that explains the lack of anyone clinging to it other than myself.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #318 on: May 21, 2012, 04:35:03 PM »
Looks like it's from Clive Barker's Jericho. There's several images of zombies with the same mark on their foreheads when I do a google search.

Was about to say that after reading could not read all of the post it's crazy,but holy hell is it incredible, finally a lively topic  :) yet call me crazy but this was posted on cox's twitter right? Still to think that the engine might out do the los engine and that was a pretty freaking good engine.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #319 on: May 21, 2012, 04:38:15 PM »
Was about to say that after reading could not read all of the post it's crazy,but holy hell is it incredible, finally a lively topic  :) yet call me crazy but this was posted on cox's twitter right? Still to think that the engine might out do the los engine and that was a pretty freaking good engine.

Good in textures, awful in framerate. So many people on NeoGAF don't want any game from MS now because of how the framerate was in LoS1.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #320 on: May 21, 2012, 04:44:27 PM »
Good in textures, awful in framerate. So many people on NeoGAF don't want any game from MS now because of how the framerate was in LoS1.

True even when I downloaded the discs things onto the 360 some parts played so slow I really recall the underground caverns with those blue flames and red gremlins, but when it played at a good frame rate I was in heaven, the fight wit the sliver warrior is my best example. Never in my life have I felt such a dramatic difference in frame rate. Yes 2d game have had them like 2d shooters, but Los was wow and not in a good way maybe too ambitious for the engines own good.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #321 on: May 21, 2012, 04:47:35 PM »
What's amazing is that there are parts in the Necromancer arc that go to 60 fps. The game, on average, locks at about 24 fps, the same framerate most movies are shot in. That's nearly a triple increase! o:

I think the framerate drop is due to the detail in the game. Save for the compressed Bink Video clips, the game is sharp and stunning visually. One of the best looking games this generation.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: May 21, 2012, 04:47:51 PM »
Honestly, the only framerate issues I've ever had in LoS were in the Necromancer's Abyss. When the horde of zombies appeared and you had to ring the gong or something, my 360 literally CHUGGED because there was so much shit on the screen at once.

Other than that, I really don't recall dealing with anything terrible when it came to the frame rate.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #323 on: May 21, 2012, 04:49:25 PM »
Honestly, the only framerate issues I've ever had in LoS were in the Necromancer's Abyss. When the horde of zombies appeared and you had to ring the gong or something, my 360 literally CHUGGED because there was so much shit on the screen at once.

Other than that, I really don't recall dealing with anything terrible when it came to the frame rate.

It's not that the framerate drops that's the issue to some, it's the fact the game is at such a low framerate to begin with.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: May 21, 2012, 04:51:36 PM »

I remember that part. Still for some reason that underground cavern part still sticks to me nowadays, another example of the framerate would be against the black knight that was smooth as chocolate ice cream and it's hot today dang it.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #325 on: May 21, 2012, 04:52:04 PM »
It's not that the framerate drops that's the issue to some, it's the fact the game is at such a low framerate to begin with.
I personally never saw the issue, it looked fine to me. Sometimes I think GAF whines for the sake of whining.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #326 on: May 21, 2012, 04:52:58 PM »
I personally never saw the issue, it looked fine to me. Sometimes I think GAF whines for the sake of whining.

Same here, but some people have really good eyes for this shit.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #327 on: May 21, 2012, 04:54:01 PM »
*pant pant*

Whew...just managed to run through all of this thread.

Lots of good discussion. I'm hoping this may just be the 2.5D Castlevania I've been waiting for.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #328 on: May 21, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »

I'm curious about the "combat being similar to LoS". Really? In a sidescroller? I mean, it's definitely possible but I kinda would prefer something less combo heavy for a 2.5D sidescroller. If that's what we're getting.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #329 on: May 21, 2012, 04:57:41 PM »
I'm curious about the "combat being similar to LoS". Really? In a sidescroller? I mean, it's definitely possible but I kinda would prefer something less combo heavy for a 2.5D sidescroller. If that's what we're getting.

Could be interesting like a fighter or something like the tales of series type of attacks. Not only that but what if it was like this I already bought it, with some 2d gothic scenery, good music I am already there but till I see anything I cannot say the phrase

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlefPGlUs6s#

Castlevania ''Vampire Killer'' Orchestral

Needed some music

[/quote]
*pant pant*

Whew...just managed to run through all of this thread.

Lots of good discussion. I'm hoping this may just be the 2.5D Castlevania I've been waiting for.

Hecka crazy right?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:08:15 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Tags: .....? 

anything