Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821151 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #660 on: May 22, 2012, 01:03:20 PM »
As for the Nintendo Power rumor, I have to admit, it would certainly make the teaser at the end of last month's issue make sense. If it does end up being Castlevania, you better believe I'll scan that sucker and post it up.
What teaser?

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #661 on: May 22, 2012, 01:05:40 PM »
+2
So much new information...and it's all could be false.
Oh, well. I'll wait for screenshots or some definite confirmation before stating any opinion about this projects(s). However, if all this stuff that we've heard before is at least partially true, then this could become a glorious time to be a Castlevania fan.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #662 on: May 22, 2012, 01:13:04 PM »
What teaser?

Bah, nevermind. I went and took another look at it but forgot it said 'comrade' at the end and the mysterious image is in red. Makes it sound like whatever game may have something to do with Russia.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #663 on: May 22, 2012, 01:13:36 PM »
+1
More than anything I'm excited for Co-op. And making absolutely ridiculous faces for puzzles.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #664 on: May 22, 2012, 01:19:11 PM »
More than anything I'm excited for Co-op. And making absolutely ridiculous faces for puzzles.

So am I! After Portrait of Ruin, I was wondering if they were ever going to get around to making an traditional Castlevania game with a Co-Op feature possibly throughout the entire quest. Then after Harmony of Despair, I was just waiting on it. Now to hear that this game may actually have it makes me giddy.

When is Konami's Pre-E3 announcement/presentation?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #665 on: May 22, 2012, 01:59:42 PM »
+1
I just found these, i don't know if they are true or not, but here you are:

RUMOR: Castlevania: Mirror of Fate/Lords of Shadow II - more details, Mirror of Fate's Wii U connection
May 22, 2012 by RawmeatCowboy
Castlevania: Mirror of Fate

- Nearly a 1.5 year development cycle.
- Stars two different playable characters.
- Features co-operative play with the prospect of 3DS and Wii U being able to interact with each other.
- 2D Castlevania experience.
- the goal was to find creative ways to utilize the 3DS’ cameras and this has been achieved due to the very name of the game, “Mirror of Fate”.
- The forward facing camera will act as a mirror and the outward facing cameras will come into play for a new puzzle solving mechanic.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow II

- originally a Wii U version of Mirror of Fate was in the works
- the idea was that Mirror of Fate on Wii U would be the same game as its 3DS outing, with the Wii U controller serving as the 3DS' bottom screen and your TV as the top
- you would be able to play the game across both platforms
- this idea was put aside to instead bring an enhanced version of Lords of Shadow II over to Wii U
- development of Wii U’s own ground-up Castlevania sku could still happen

Site link:http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=177680
Ruler of Chaos

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #666 on: May 22, 2012, 02:01:40 PM »
Castlevania: Mirror of Fate

- Stars two different playable characters.

Cox Belmont and IGAcard.

Calling it now.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #667 on: May 22, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »
Coveniently, they don't list the other platforms rumored. Seriously, that's shitty journalism, being biased because of the name of the site.

Castledan, you can update the OP with that information + the platforms rumored for LOS2, and add the source as Paul Gale.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 02:07:59 PM by Maedhros »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #668 on: May 22, 2012, 02:08:19 PM »
Coveniently, they don't list the other platforms rumored. Seriously, that's shitty journalism, being biased because of the name of the site.
It's called GoNINTENDO for a reason. :P

The site only reports news that's related to Nintendo.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #669 on: May 22, 2012, 02:09:28 PM »
If it's being developed by IGA, I wonder if the plot will attempt to bridge the Lords universe into the main canon. Stranger things have happened with the plots.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #670 on: May 22, 2012, 02:10:52 PM »
If it's being developed by IGA, I wonder if the plot will attempt to bridge the Lords universe into the main canon. Stranger things have happened with the plots.

I think he's learned his lesson. He even said as much.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #671 on: May 22, 2012, 02:24:07 PM »
It's called GoNINTENDO for a reason. :P

The site only reports news that's related to Nintendo.
Like I've said, the name of the site don't impede them to post the complete news, UNLESS they're being paid by Nintendo.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #672 on: May 22, 2012, 02:25:23 PM »
I hope not.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #673 on: May 22, 2012, 02:30:32 PM »
Hmm... interesting,but if it does not work then all hell will break loose
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #674 on: May 22, 2012, 02:36:01 PM »
+4
The old timeline and the new timeline must stay separated.

Tags: .....?