Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821112 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #765 on: May 22, 2012, 09:01:47 PM »
Definitely.

For one, if IGA's really involved, I don't really want him pulling his "Ohoho, the game has a mirror gimmick, so the new main character is going to be Mirror Belmont who fights with his mirror image, Mirrorcard" I mean really, adapt the gimmick to fit the world, not the other way around.

For two, I don't see how camera's and Castlevania go together at all.
Let's see if it's Cox who did the gimmick and the comments about it then.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #766 on: May 22, 2012, 09:04:43 PM »
Let's see if it's Cox who did the gimmick and the comments about it then.

You just won't let up will you?

If Cox makes a shitty camera gimmick, I'll give him crap about it too. But so far he has not, so all I get to talk about when I bitch about gimmicks is IGA.

EDIT: Just realized how dumb that statement was.

CORRECTION: If Enrique makes a shitty camera gimmick, I'll give him crap about it too. But so far he has not, so all I get to talk about when I bitch about gimmicks is IGA.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:06:54 PM by e105beta »

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #767 on: May 22, 2012, 09:05:53 PM »
castle mirrors ! don't trust mirrors ! do love mirrors ! say i'm beautiful in front of mirrors !

i'm so excited to see mirrors ! , i feel like a good new idea is coming through these mirrors !

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #768 on: May 22, 2012, 09:07:02 PM »
+4
There's a fine line between intrusive gimmick and innovative feature.
I hope this time it stays on the right side.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #769 on: May 22, 2012, 09:21:02 PM »
The camera usage does definitely sound like an IGA thing. But for me the excitement is, "2D game! With co-op! Kinda like the old games! Oh, and there's some camera thingy too but 2D!!!"

Of course, there's still the possibility that this is simply all the elaborate work of a top secret troll network and Konami actually has nothing for E3 besides Revengeance. Which would be incredibly tragic.

Not to mention, if this does turn out to be IGA's game, I'm not exactly hopeful that Konami's going to give him a lot of budget to work with. Because, well, they're Konami.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #770 on: May 22, 2012, 09:23:12 PM »
+1
I want castlevania anyway ...

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #771 on: May 22, 2012, 09:24:17 PM »
Of course, there's still the possibility that this is simply all the elaborate work of a top secret troll network and Konami actually has nothing for E3 besides Revengeance. Which would be incredibly tragic.
That would be

Not to mention, if this does turn out to be IGA's game, I'm not exactly hopeful that Konami's going to give him a lot of budget to work with. Because, well, they're Konami.
Is it too much wishful thinking if we hope that being under Kojima Productions seal it gets a little, just a little more money enough to make it good? I hope so!

P.S: I love you guys

:D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:26:55 PM by Ahasverus »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #772 on: May 22, 2012, 09:24:55 PM »
The camera usage does definitely sound like an IGA thing. But for me the excitement is, "2D game! With co-op! Kinda like the old games! Oh, and there's some camera thingy too but 2D!!!"

If Cox and Enrique are related to it at all, I'd wager Konami will give the project the funds it needs, seeing as there's nothing coming out of Konami right now besides Revengence.

And Revengence looks terrible.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #773 on: May 22, 2012, 09:25:28 PM »
With all this mirror stuff I just want to say this

Cough ahem!!!

Mirror mirror on the wall who is bitching and moaning out of them all?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #774 on: May 22, 2012, 09:28:33 PM »
+1
And Revengence looks terrible.
Terrible Metal Gear Solid, yep. Terrible Platinum Games action game? Such a thing doesn't even exist   8)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #775 on: May 22, 2012, 09:29:55 PM »
+1
Mirror mirror on the wall who is bitching and moaning out of them all?

Dracula. I'm sure he's not at all happy about waking up to yet another face-whipping.

Goddammit Konami, do another live conference!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:33:47 PM by Munchy »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #776 on: May 22, 2012, 09:31:03 PM »
+1
Terrible Metal Gear Solid, yep. Terrible Platinum Games action game? Such a thing doesn't even exist   8)

So far.

What I wanted was an innovative Metal Gear Solid game with a new unique combat system.

What I'm getting is Raiden May Cry

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #777 on: May 22, 2012, 09:37:02 PM »
+3
So far.

What I wanted was an innovative Metal Gear Solid game with a new unique combat system.

While I'm highly anticipating Revengeance, I totally sympathize with your complaint of "Why is my favorite game series suddenly changing audience/genre?" It's stupid and companies need to learn to make new IPs.

I kind of wish Revengeance were a Nanobreaker reboot actually.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #778 on: May 22, 2012, 09:37:44 PM »
+1
I second this.
Raidenetta! (Dance number confirmed?)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #779 on: May 22, 2012, 09:39:38 PM »
While I'm highly anticipating Revengeance, I totally sympathize with your complaint of "Why is my favorite game series suddenly changing audience/genre?" It's stupid and companies need to learn to make new IPs.

That's why the game is a spin-off. I consider only the numbered titles/remakes the ones canonical do the series.

Tags: .....?