Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Why Esco has been banned?  (Read 4250 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« on: June 29, 2013, 01:11:55 PM »
 Like the title says, someone can fill me about that? Im clueless since I cant find any of his posts and Im not appearing in the forum so often like before. Im not trying to defend or attack anyone, only know exactly what happened and let this subject sleep afterwards.  :-X

Also... Hi everybody!  :D
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 05:32:05 PM »
+1
Hi Lelygax! Been a while.  :)

In terms of ESCO? He's carried his ego a little too far from being acceptable. Personally I think he's in some sort of "power high" mindset which might be partially due to his 'great project; aka SotN special edition, or whatever he's choosing to call it. I know very little about him, however he does seem a lot more narrow-minded now then before. Call it what you will; Tunnel vision, overcompensation, inadequacy, small man syndrome, etc. But the point is he's been a bit of a jerk lately and Jorge felt the need to let him go till he cleans up his attitude. We definitely don't need people like that ruining everyone else's experiences on this board. This is a place where everyone should get along with one-another, respect each-other and obey the rules of the board so that we all can have a good time.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 05:45:31 PM »
+1
He seemed like a nice guy to me.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 06:57:27 PM »
+1
My opinion of Esco? I never had any beef with him; he was definately outspoken with his opinions but personally I was never offended, but I could see why others might have been. And honestly I think his SotN-Remix should've been released by now, it looks great but apparently he wants to keep adding to it. Reminds me how George Lucas wants to keep updating the classic trilogy. Just add a few minor adjustments & let it be!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 08:31:28 PM »
Thanks guys, I know that he is a nice guy but can say some harsh things sometimes, but I wanted to know what exactly he did this last time (if possible). I know that some people can be offended when someone say harsh things or poke some fun in a strange way like he did sometimes, but he must have done something very worse than what I've seen before to come at this point.

Im not acessing the forum so often like before, but this place and persons still mean a lot to me.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 09:42:01 PM »
+1
His criticism of Harmony Of Despair (was that the one? The multiplayer game.) started off as just a simple rant, but then he ended it with a series of expletives beyond the simple "fuck" or "shit". Jorge chastised him for it and he went off on Jorge, so Jorge pulled out the Ban Hammer (or someone did).
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 10:34:49 PM »
+1
Welcome back Lely!

Here's the exact thread. See post#38
http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,6238.30.html

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 11:08:45 PM »
+1
He threatened to fight Jorge if he met him in real life (because of his original ban, so the right thing had to be done. He evaded the ban and that's a no no, take your punishment like a man.

And there's your simple and effective answer.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 11:11:07 PM »
What a dumb way to waste your time on a game everyone already knows is terrible.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 12:18:41 AM »
He's a pretentious dick and an asshole. Remember when people criticized his SoTN game? He knows best, he knows best, everyone else doesnt know jack. if you insist, he ignores you. He didn't know what the FUCK he was doing with some of that shit.

I couldn't stand him.

I mean fucking seriously
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 12:20:37 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 12:58:18 AM »
LMAO that reminds me of the ego-fights teen keyboard gangsters have on forums.

When I want to have a laugh and everything else fails I browse forum.bodybuilding.com  ;D
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 01:38:17 AM »
While i didn't have a problem with him and even liked him, after that post threatened Jorge's life, i thought that this was so low for him and got what he was deserved.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 08:08:50 AM »
Seriously, he was high as f*ck to tell about Ryu in a Castlevania game and in the end he acted like AVGN (maybe on purpose?). I laughed so hard!

But yeah, this type of language isnt cool for some kids and conservative people here, so what Im trying to say is that while I laughed at his joke, he isnt right because he broke rules.

He threatened Jorge?! Thats a forum, why someone will threaten someone because of a forum? Thats childish in my opinion, if this post still exists (obviously Im counting its already deleted, but still...) I want to read it. (edit: already found it in Flame's link)

Thanks for all info and Im sorry for Jorge, he is okay? I know that he dislike to use the hammer  :-\
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:15:25 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013, 08:59:48 AM »
+1
Not really. Jorge was so devastated by it, he started chasing oxy contin with toasted marshmallow-flavored vodka. He's been in and out of therapy since the incident, trying to cope with his post-traumatic stress disorder. Jorge is strong; he will make it through this. It will just take some time.

... Dude better be okay. I mean, it was just Esco. Come on.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2013, 09:23:53 AM »
+3
Seriously, he was high as f*ck to tell about Ryu in a Castlevania game and in the end he acted like AVGN (maybe on purpose?). I laughed so hard!

But yeah, this type of language isnt cool for some kids and conservative people here, so what Im trying to say is that while I laughed at his joke, he isnt right because he broke rules.

He threatened Jorge?! Thats a forum, why someone will threaten someone because of a forum? Thats childish in my opinion, if this post still exists (obviously Im counting its already deleted, but still...) I want to read it. (edit: already found it in Flame's link)

Thanks for all info and Im sorry for Jorge, he is okay? I know that he dislike to use the hammer  :-\

Fear not, I do not concern myself with people making threats from the comfort of their computer screens.  If I did, I would be cowering in fear from the hate club that I've gathered throughout my time here.  Seriously, there are even some people posting here now, that years back have had their membership at the "I hate Jorge" club.  Thankfully those people have matured and we can all converse like civilized human beings.

This is not the first time I've been threatened, and I'm sure it will not be the last.

I will continue to try and be fair while at the same time enforcing the rules.
People just need to learn to not be asses on this forum, and everything will be fine, even those with strong opinions.  Present your case eloquently and, even if you have a harsh opinion, you won't get a warning, here.  It's when you start talking down to people, insulting people, etc. that we start eyeballing your threads and watching for reported posts and private messages regarding your comments.

And now that you know, I can lock this topic.  Esco does not need any more attention from us.  I wish him luck with his game engine and project and hope he's successful.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: