Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Guitar Hero III  (Read 5381 times)

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: December 22, 2007, 01:01:14 PM »
Does anyone have this game? More specifically for the Wii? It would be cool to jam with some of you guys on here once in awhile. If you have the game for Wii, post your friend code or something.  :D

Oh yeah, and no "LUL L2P REAL GUITAR" posts, please.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Guitar Hero III
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 01:08:39 PM »
I have the 360 version. Good game, though I like GH2 better.
----------------------------------------------------
Check out Elbryan42's Doom Depot! Check out the Doom 64 TC and download some Doom music.
http://doomdepot.doom2.net/

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 02:31:53 PM »
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I am actually learning to play a real guitar, at least when I get one this Christmas.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 03:23:15 PM »
sucks.

Guitar hero 2 and Rock Band>>>>GH3. fuck activision

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 04:45:22 PM »
You people are a predictable lot, to say the least.

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 07:02:05 PM »
The thing is, GH3 has great, popular songs. They're just not very fun to play compared to the songs in GH2. After playing through GH3, I longed to play my faves from GH2.

GH3 is a great game, but this time they tried to go for the songs that would get people to buy the game, not songs that are fun to play over and over.
Check out Elbryan42's Doom Depot! Check out the Doom 64 TC and download some Doom music.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 07:31:50 PM »
That of course is all a matter of opinion, but that's not the point of this thread. The point of this thread was to get friend codes from people on CVD so we could play together, not to rate/bash the game.

It's a simple concept, really.

SymboliC

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 06:33:36 AM »

What I find it weird is how GH3 got ahold of One by Metallica, or Rock Band having Enter Sandman (am I right?...).

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 07:55:07 AM »
In Reply To #8

Yeah it is wierd...perhaps it has something to do with Metallica firing Bob Coc, er, Rock.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 09:04:22 AM »
I got the PC version and lemme tell ya... they couldnt have made it harder if they tried. Only if you have a x64 system anyway.

First off the requirements are SO HIGH its insane. And it doesnt support any 64bit OS. But its ONLY the installer. If you edit the msi with Orca or find an already fixed one and copy the entire DVD to your hard drive and replace the msi file you can install it and it runs just fine on a 64bit system.

However you cant patch it to 1.1 because it freezes about 3/4th of the way thru and you have to close it then the game will crash on start up without fail and you have to reinstall it. Even if you try the patch again (I did and it went 100% and finished np after I had to close it the first time) still no go still crashes as soon as you start it.

But its been confirmed if you take just the folders from a working 1.1 patched install and copy it to a 64bit system it works just fine.

It DOES however say it on the box that no 64bit systems are supported but with the requirements how could even run it without a 64bit system?

So right now I have it running but to be able to play it where the framerate stays smooth enough to not throw off my timing its set to 800x600 with low graphic settings and crowd and physics off. They say the 1.1 patch helped alot for the performance issues but of course I cant install it...

Other than that rockin game. Absolutely HATE the boss battles but love how easy it is to spot HOPOs. We played it on 360 lastnight at a friends house and the set list was completely different (order wise) from my PC version dunno if it was cause we had a co op career or what.

Rock Band is still the superior game tho by far... by very far. But the same songs from GH3 in Rock Band are way easier even on the same difficulty. Theres none of the HOPO part of Cherub Rock on Rock Band.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 09:30:41 PM »
I have the 360 version. Good game, though I like GH2 better.

I agree, passing some of the songs on 3 is ridiculous and requires near super human skill, at least GH2 was a lot more fair and true to the songs on expert, it's funny when I'm playing the song on my controller faster then what I'm hearing from the speakers.  ;D
_______________________________________ ______________

Killerwhip

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 10:51:36 PM »
In Reply To #1

Yes, I have the Wii version.
My friend code is: 197688811189
My Wii console number is: 3145 2304 6847 2750
Not sure if you needed both or not.

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 06:39:15 AM »
I can't believe Nintendo persists with the atrocious friend code system. :|

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 04:42:10 PM »
The thing is, GH3 has great, popular songs. They're just not very fun to play compared to the songs in GH2. After playing through GH3, I longed to play my faves from GH2.

GH3 is a great game, but this time they tried to go for the songs that would get people to buy the game, not songs that are fun to play over and over.

Agreed, god the Dead Kennedy's and Sexpistols? they've NEVER been good and the intro to the Dead Kennedy's song is ridiculous on expert mode I can beat all the songs in block 8 on expert well minus the encore and I still had to have my brother play the intro to that song, that's bad programming that song should have been in the 8th block.
_______________________________________ ______________

Tags:

anything