Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Music you've been digging lately  (Read 272701 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #660 on: November 11, 2018, 11:42:40 AM »
good stuff! Love Carpenter! Him and Dance with The Dead are 2 of my favs

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #661 on: November 11, 2018, 10:50:49 PM »
By now it's all "old" stuff, but whatevs. I got my fiance turned on to Faderhead, even though my roommates hate him. lol She likes "Dirtygrrrlz/Dirtybois" the most, but for immature reasons she also shares an interest with me in "Fistful Of Fuck You". She just likes shouting "with a fistful of fuck you!", but I like the music video.

The one song my roommates, fiance, and I all really liked -- to the point I got sick of it and regret introducing them to it -- is "Scum" by Santa Hates You. We have this little thing where we all take turns picking music videos on YouTube to watch/listen, and one of them always picks "Scum". *sigh*

My go-to music video on said YouTube nights is now "Fish On" by Lindemann (Till Lindemann of Rammstein and Peter Tägtgren of PAIN). (Very NSFW and funny as shit every time I watch it)

Also introduced my fiance to Covenant with "Bullet". She's not as into them as I am, but YouTube insists on playing it for me every day and I still haven't gotten sick of it yet. (Family-friendly music song and video lol)
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #662 on: November 11, 2018, 11:39:55 PM »
good stuff! Love Carpenter! Him and Dance with The Dead are 2 of my favs

I'm not familiar with the other band. I came across Brut almost by accident, but I instantly became attached to his mixture of industrial, synth pop, Italo-disco, video game music, John Carpenter, and Italian horror movie soundtracks. It's a unique blend that even dudes like Perturbator don't do as well, IMO, and is pretty unusual for the whole "synthwave" thing.

Got to see him and his band live a few months ago and it was awesome. Lots of total geeks in the crowd, from rivetheads to metalheads (it's cool Brut has managed to draw both crowds), it was great, and the Fist of the North Star anime movie was playing at the bar and in the bathroom.

Carpenter Brut kind of reminds me of another band I sorta dig but haven't looked into much, called Gatekeeper. They sound sorta like mid '80s era Skinny Puppy fused with Italo-disco, lots of movie samples and everything.

Brut is like 5x more awesome with better production values, but I still like these guys.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 11:44:48 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #663 on: November 16, 2018, 12:07:14 AM »

This legitimately brought me to tears, all these years of ignoring and say the Beatles were "overrated", little did I know...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #664 on: November 16, 2018, 02:45:06 PM »

This legitimately brought me to tears, all these years of ignoring and say the Beatles were "overrated", little did I know...

Yeah man luckily it happened to me when I was a teenager but this song is what won me over too.

I saw Paul play this live like 5 years ago at the target field in MN. It was spectacular.

I've been digging the new Smashing Pumpkins album. Just came out today. Saw them live on the current tour and it was insanely good

https://youtu.be/O80Kwt4zcxs
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #665 on: November 16, 2018, 03:44:16 PM »
I've never been able to get over the disappointment that none of The Beatles' other songs are as good as "I Am the Walrus". The whole of that album is pretty good, in fact; it was the mixture of their experimental side while also having the sing-songy backbone of their earlier work.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #666 on: November 26, 2018, 12:53:57 AM »
Sigh released their new album and it's sounding pretty good so far. I like that they got Maor Appelbaum to master the CD. Sigh's albums have sounded pretty bad in the US ever since Gallows Gallery shat into our ears, so it's nice to see them get it right the first time so that I don't gotta spend more money on importing. BTW, Japan's Graveward sounds best (mastered by the guitarist, You Oshima), Maor's remastering on the Chinese Scenes from Hell kicks the shit out of the original, and Blood Music's remastering of Gallows Gallery completely rips apart the Candlelight and The End masters. Now if only someone would redo Hangman's Hymn, then we can finally say goodbye to James Murphy's legacy of terror mastering.

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #667 on: November 26, 2018, 02:33:43 AM »
Yup, this new album is definitely a return to what made them so great during the Hail Horror Hail/Scenario IV/Imaginary Soniscape days (just without Shinichi's awesome riffing), and makes up for how mediocre In Somniphobia is. Graveward from a few years back is fun but doesn't have a terrible lot of staying power, I find. Hopefully Heir to Despair will hold up, because this is some damn good stuff.

Even that cover art is better than anything they've done in a long time.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 02:36:18 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #668 on: November 30, 2018, 02:19:02 PM »
Been getting into City Pop recently. I find it helps lift my mood slightly and takes me back to a time when things were simpler.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 10:11:29 PM by zangetsu468 »
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #669 on: November 30, 2018, 03:52:56 PM »
I'm loving this new Grimes song!

And the Samus zero suit is bad ass!

https://youtu.be/gYG_4vJ4qNA

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #670 on: March 08, 2019, 07:13:43 PM »
Listening to the new Download album that just came out today, called Unknown Room. The band started out in the mid '90s as a side-project by cEvin Key and Dwayne Goettel of Skinny Puppy with Mark Spybey and Phil Western; for the past 20 years, however, it (along with its more mellow companion, platEAU) has been a duo between cEvin and Philth. They've been one of my favorite bands for a long time.

Phil Western passed away a month ago from an accidental fentanyl overdose (something that's become all too common) and it's super damn tragic. This song from the album was written as a tribute to Goettel who died in 1995, but now it's also been released in remembrance of Western. Barring any unreleased material, I'm sad we'll never get any new Download or platEAU music, or any of Western's excellent solo work.

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #671 on: March 14, 2019, 09:40:49 PM »
I've never really been very much into power metal, but I'm really digging Powerwolf right now:

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #672 on: August 05, 2019, 07:42:46 AM »
It's so wonderful finally having Tool's full library on streaming services.

Just wanted to say that in case there are other Tool fans here who didn't know.

Oh yeah. And the new album Fear Inoculum comes out August 30th!

Planning on seeing them for the 5th time as soon as a I get a chance!

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #673 on: August 07, 2019, 07:40:08 AM »

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #674 on: August 07, 2019, 11:02:23 AM »
Sweet! I didn't know they had everything on streaming now. That new song is pretty damn good too. Not really my kinda music these days but I can, for sure, appreciate the new stuff and added lots of old stuff to my spotify playlist

Tags:

anything