Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What Castlevania stages/areas enraged you more?  (Read 9545 times)

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: What Castlevania stages/areas enraged you more?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 02:02:10 PM »
Say what stages enraged you more...

To me its in Dracula X (SNES) in that one that you need to jump from pillar to pillar and if a medusa head hits you, you fall in another stage (the mud cave one) going for a bad end. (Damn you medusa heads  >:( )

I hear ya. That was definitely an annoying moment for me as well. I'd have to put in the password for original stage 3 to give it another shot everytime.

One that really gives me a hard time is also in Dracula X (SNES).  I believe it's the alternate stage 5 where you find Annette. All those damn aqua skull floaties coming at all angles to painfully rape you.  Combine those bastards with platforming, killing mermans and it gets to be a chore especially when you only have one chance to get the key to Annette's cell! >:(

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 10:40:30 AM »
One that really gives me a hard time is also in Dracula X (SNES).  I believe it's the alternate stage 5 where you find Annette. All those damn aqua skull floaties coming at all angles to painfully rape you.  Combine those bastards with platforming, killing mermans and it gets to be a chore especially when you only have one chance to get the key to Annette's cell! >:(

You don't need the key to get into Annette's cell as she is trapped behind a small waterfall that you have to smash. The key is only for rescuing Maria in the dungeon and to allow you access into the next stage where Annette is being held. Just in case you forgot  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 08:49:13 PM »
You don't need the key to get into Annette's cell as she is trapped behind a small waterfall that you have to smash. The key is only for rescuing Maria in the dungeon and to allow you access into the next stage where Annette is being held. Just in case you forgot  :)

Ah! That's right.  ;D

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 06:35:26 PM »
The area with auto-scroll from Castlevania: The Adventure (Game Boy).
Almost everything from Castlevania III.
Everything from Haunted Castle.

Although they didn't quite enrage me, you get the point :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 11:44:42 AM »
That part in CV3 where you have to wait for falling blocks to "build" your way up is fucking horseshit. I always opt to bring Alucard there for bat skips because like that vanishing block segment of Heat Man's stage, I just can't be bothered after I've done it legitimately once. I would prefer any enemy filled hall to that endless purgatory.

Also, Adventure Rebirth Stage 3 on Hard mode. I know I've beaten it on Hard but going back recently, I honestly can't imagine how.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 09:01:39 AM »
I have a bad track record with the Clock Tower stages, but in particular, the one in Castlevania Chronicles. If it's not enough that the stage is one of the most grueling in the game, the boss is a really fast moving werewolf. That's just what I want when my thumbs are tired from all that platforming. To this day I haven't progressed past that stage.
I hate him entirely!!!!!!!! Crack +werewolf = sad Simon
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 11:36:01 AM »
CV1. Stage 4.

STAGE 4.

Tags: stage rage