Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Fan Stuff / Re: Castlevania: Seal of the Eclipse
« Last post by X on Yesterday at 05:44:14 PM »
Oooo, another character pic  :)

This one definitely has the Sypha vib going for it.
Hardcore Gaming 101 / Re: Azure Striker Gunvolt 3
« Last post by Aceearly1993 on May 18, 2022, 04:48:32 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sCmjSvqXJ4

OK so the worst thing happened. Instead of the  shard-esque ability system as imagined, we get THIS. A gacha-wannabe... thing.
I can clearly see the opinion in reviews go diversed. Ugh.
What were they thinking????

How's everybody treating this gacha-wannabe system? I want to hear your opinions.
Fan Stuff / Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017
« Last post by Belmontoya on May 17, 2022, 06:06:55 AM »
Glad you guys are still enjoying the game all these years later!

While we wish we could have made LC3, I can tell you that cotw basically improves on everything we did with LC2. Imo even the story is a more intriguing thing in cotw. We had cool ideas for LC3 story-wise, but cotw has cooler ties with history.

It's gonna feel a lot like you are getting that sequel imo.

For me the only hard part has been every now and then I get the urge to do a CV cover lol. I fight that a lot!

But otherwise, fret not. Cotw is gonna be what you've been hoping for if you want an experience like lc2 again.  🐺
« Last post by nokundhi on May 15, 2022, 10:14:35 PM »
Looks like I wasn't the only one that had a sudden urge to replay this five years later. Really a shame we won't get a LC3 but I'm looking forward to their next project. In a better timeline Konami would have just hired Mig to make 3.

I ran into the Anna glitch that I've heard about. When I used the Cup of Untruth in the Garden of The Dead, but went to the regular path of Truth rather than straight to the boss I heard the victory music play and got a health upgrade. When I went to visit Anna's room she was dead (well, more dead than before) and I could grab the book.

In the off chance anyone cares, this ran perfectly on Linux via Lutris. No crashes or bugs I could find other than the text looking kind of off, but it's still perfectly legible.
« Last post by Scarlet starlet on May 15, 2022, 02:16:54 PM »
Thank you man. I had a room missing (in spite of the 100% mark! ) due to my bad eyesight
Watched the rest of the game on yt. The plot twist was obvious but cool, the ending on the other hand was very disappointing after so much build-up
(click to show/hide)
There are quite a few things I didn't understand but overall this was an ok script for Castlevania standards.
Gotta say the character personalities could use some tweaks. Richter, Simon and Trevor being the holy trinity of boring, Jonathan being more clever than half the cast, the female characters a bit insufferable imo except small maria and hermina.
I am just grateful we managed to see the end of the story tbh. This game was mostly an easter egg collection and felt like an attempt to test the waters for future games set in the original continuity. I think they wanted to demonstrate their familiarity with Castlevania lore before committing to a completely new story. And I can sense a vague desire to dabble with the Demon Castle War events, even though gameplay-wise THIS IS NOT the way to do it and I truly hope they'll keep their hands off 1999 for at least another game after GoS.
Releasing this game on other platforms would be nice. I played a couple hours of this on iPad, but I couldn't get over how bad the controls feel, it's just too imprecise for me.
Don't expect anything from them other than shooting from the hip for fast cash grabs these days.

Getting this on Switch or Steam would be nice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10