Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: Romancelvania, anyone?
« Last post by Bloo on Yesterday at 12:31:20 PM »
That action parts seem to be the most mysterious parts of that trailer.

It looks like Drac was able to hit on males to; specifically that male werewolf. That simply doesn't compute as Drac is a straight man, has always been a straight man, and will always be a straight man. I Don't need a WOKE writer coming along and ruining a beloved literary fictional character just so he/she can feel some sort of self-importance/superiority. Think I'll pass on this, lol.

Dracula is a character not exclusive to Castlevania or any other incarnation of him. This is like freaking out over SuperWaffle's fanfictions.

It's pretty standard these days for most dating sims/games to allow you to freely date any gender, right? The whole point of these things is that you choose who you fuck anyways... your character is canonically, in your playthrough, whatever sexuality you play as. Drac's not gay unless you are....  ;)
« Last post by Reinhart77 on Yesterday at 11:03:26 AM »
In the final version, there are plans to also be the option to play as a female version of dracula. Not sure if it’s a separate playable character or just a gender bent Dracula.  There will be the option to “just be friends”, so you don’t have to romance any character you don’t want to.  Anyone should be able to play the game any way they want, though I suppose if you’re a completionist, you’ll have to “catch them all” through multiple playthroughs haha.
« Last post by X on Yesterday at 10:06:54 AM »
That action parts seem to be the most mysterious parts of that trailer.

It looks like Drac was able to hit on males to; specifically that male werewolf. That simply doesn't compute as Drac is a straight man, has always been a straight man, and will always be a straight man. I Don't need a WOKE writer coming along and ruining a beloved literary fictional character just so he/she can feel some sort of self-importance/superiority. Think I'll pass on this, lol.
General Castlevania Discussion / Romancelvania, anyone?
« Last post by Reinhart77 on October 03, 2022, 10:23:18 PM »
A weird dating game featuring Dracula, but I'm curious if any of the action parts are satisfying.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/romancelvania-shows-off-castlevania-style-combat-and-spicy-romance-options-in-new-trailer/1100-6507951/
Does anyone know if this project is still alive? The last time I heard from Metroidquest was back in February of last year over at his Discord channel. O_o
Hardcore Gaming 101 / Re: Azure Striker Gunvolt 3
« Last post by Super Waffle on October 02, 2022, 06:44:12 PM »
Should I write a fanfic about it
LOS2 makes me angry. When it's good, it's REALLY good. But when it's bad, it's really bad. And all that could be forgiven if not for the infuriating way the game ends.

I'd say it's worth playing just for the good parts. Basically anything in the castle is some of the best Castlevania-fare to date, and I don't say that lightly. The combat, if you liked 1, is way smoother and refined. With the chaos/light energy attacks being changed to be less of just powerups and more their own unique attack styles.

As for Netflixvania, it has it's issues. There's plenty I dislike. But it's fine. There's plenty I like too. CV3 is kind of frustrating in spots, but it was fine. I'm willing to see where it all goes.
eh, Lords of Shadow 1 was the best selling game in the franchise. Sure, there was some hubris in releasing the next two games back to back, and the big second one did fail pretty hard (arguably more because it came out at the tail end of a console generation and really should have been made for the next generation instead) but I wouldn't call it a total failure. At least they wisely ended it when it died.

Bearing in mind I hate the Lords of Shadow games and I do question why Konami had to call them "Castlevania". But players at least seemed to enjoy some of what Konami was laying down.

If LOS1 had stayed as LOS1, I would agree. I actually liked it quite a bit, my issue is with MOF being a heap of shit and LOS2 I’ve never even bothered to unseal, due to the reviews, I’m not convinced I’d enjoy the experience.

The trilogy as a whole had cons that did not appear to be outweighed by pros, there was much lost potential to return to the series roots in a 3D sense, it ended up flopping as a series regardless of LOS1’s success and the Castlevania title was tacked on since the initial LOS trailer from way back when.

Think of it this way, if Zelda: Tears of the kingdom sells like a$$, fans will be saying BotW, despite being the greatest selling Zelda of all time, the ‘open world’ was a step in the wrong direction for the series(which a minority can be found online, saying this now)….

LOS solved the problem of “What is Castlevania?” but it was a temporary solution
Lords of Shadow did it… Then it said “Have at you!!” and swung its combat cross a few more times, to make its stance known by all..

While this is true, LoS1 never advertised itself as something it wasn't. LoS1 is probably my favorite 3Dvania and much of it aged really well.

As for the post, interesting effort. I might check it out as I'm curious if it's possible to even edit that thing into something more palatable. Perhaps the Demon Castle Legend cut is not for some people and that's OK.
eh, Lords of Shadow 1 was the best selling game in the franchise. Sure, there was some hubris in releasing the next two games back to back, and the big second one did fail pretty hard (arguably more because it came out at the tail end of a console generation and really should have been made for the next generation instead) but I wouldn't call it a total failure. At least they wisely ended it when it died.

Bearing in mind I hate the Lords of Shadow games and I do question why Konami had to call them "Castlevania". But players at least seemed to enjoy some of what Konami was laying down.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
anything