Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Metroid PRIME: Remastered.  (Read 2843 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: February 13, 2023, 09:10:46 PM »
Saw this today after booting up my Switch. It isn't the full-on trilogy but it could be the beginning of it. And of course I'd play it again on my Switch as I prefer an actual controller over the Wiimote stick  :P

https://www.nintendo.com/en-ca/store/products/metroid-prime-remastered-switch/
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 01:53:19 PM »
Waiting for that sweet, sweet physical copy to release (next week, I believe). I'm hearing it's a great remaster, and definitely the kinda love and care I wish GoldenEye 007 had gotten on Xbox One/X.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 01:58:06 PM »
I really don’t get why so many YouTubers are w*nking on about this. If it was a Remastered trilogy I’d completely be on board, but honestly, this is a quick cash grab. I also say this because if you do your research, the PAL versions of Metroid Prime 1 had additional graphical effects at the time of release (for instance when Samus morph balls into water, the NA version’s water is static while the PAL version’s creates a splash effect) which made the game look a lot better at its original release.

Unless one hasn’t previously played it, or really wants mobile Metroid, I’m not understanding the hype. ????????‍♂️
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 05:24:19 PM »
(for instance when Samus morph balls into water, the NA version’s water is static while the PAL version’s creates a splash effect)

Well that doesn't make any sense. Isn't Retro-Studios in NA? Why would we get a cut down version when the game is made here? Was there something wrong with the hardware it was ported to?
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2023, 01:02:30 AM »

Well that doesn't make any sense. Isn't Retro-Studios in NA? Why would we get a cut down version when the game is made here? Was there something wrong with the hardware it was ported to?

No it actually has nothing to do with that. Later versions do get additional features on occasions(for example FFVII’s original Japanese release from my understanding didn’t have Emerald and Ruby weapons, but did contain all 32 soldier items) A lot of these were graphical tweaks, with some minor changing and loading to specific areas to prevent crashes.

I’m not making this up, the MP Trilogy for Wii is based on the original NA version of the game and also didn’t inherit the additional features, which initially put me off purchasing that collection.
EDIT: The issues may actually rest with MPT itself: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2009/09/metroid_prime_trilogy_visually_worse_than_original_releases
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 03:00:12 AM by zangetsu468 »

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2023, 08:32:12 AM »
Okay. That makes more sense now. And yet it doesn't surprise me since they loaded the single Wii disc with all three games along with some other features, so something had to take a hit to make room. However if the first PRIME game is being released on the Switch by itself chances are nothing is going to be sacrificed as it's just the one game and not all three.

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 09:15:21 PM »
Almost as good as Wii U controls, but the graphics update blows all previous versions out of the water. Going thru a second time on hard mode now, very good unlockable gallery too when complete
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2023, 02:55:30 PM »
The remaster is great but where the hell is the fusion suit?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2023, 05:16:26 PM »
I thought that was only a gamecube thing with the GBA add-on device. This article talks about it: https://primagames.com/tips/is-the-fusion-suit-in-metroid-prime-remastered-answered

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2023, 06:29:06 PM »
MP Trilogy had it as an unlockable. Weird they didn't include it here.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2023, 10:12:17 PM »
Been a number of years since I last played this game and I still remember the way it looked on the Cube. But now? Wow. I like the updated graphics. They've improved much of the visuals in small yet big ways. Everything is still recognizable but with more added detail and higher pixel resolution. I'm even liking the fact that much of the Chozo ruins actually look more like ruins then before. There's more stone work incorporated into the temples and such (especially on the elevator platforms. Even the plant foliage looks more like plants should. I can also see some details in Samus' visor on the closeup shots. In terms of the environments, landscaping and area designs, MercurySteam could learn a thing or two from Retro Studios.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 10:16:12 PM by X »

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2023, 05:37:59 AM »
Been a number of years since I last played this game and I still remember the way it looked on the Cube. But now? Wow. I like the updated graphics. They've improved much of the visuals in small yet big ways. Everything is still recognizable but with more added detail and higher pixel resolution. I'm even liking the fact that much of the Chozo ruins actually look more like ruins then before. There's more stone work incorporated into the temples and such (especially on the elevator platforms. Even the plant foliage looks more like plants should. I can also see some details in Samus' visor on the closeup shots. In terms of the environments, landscaping and area designs, MercurySteam could learn a thing or two from Retro Studios.

Thatâs actually great to know, I always believed the best environments were Tallon Overworld, Chozo Ruins and Phendrana Drifts. It pleases me to hear theyâve respected and made greater at least part of this.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2023, 09:40:30 AM »
+1
Maybe Retro Studios wanted to do it like this the first time but were unable due to the limitations of the Cube and disc size. It might have been possible on the Wii if it were only the first game and not the entire trilogy.

Tags: