Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lethal Enforcers in Castlevania World?  (Read 3158 times)

Offline CastlevaniaFan1981

• Awards
Lethal Enforcers in Castlevania World?
« on: October 18, 2011, 08:31:54 AM »
I wonder how many of you would ever like to dream of a mash-up melding the Justifier light gun-intensive Lethal Enforcers with elements from the first three (all Nintendo 8-bit) Castlevania / Vampire Killer titles??? Both are Konami properties, and I also want to say the title of this mash-up is inspired by Sega's Alex Kidd in Shinobi World (for which one of the bosses Alex faces is named Mari-Oh, an obvious Mario parody so blatant -- in name, likeness and mannerisms -- that Nintendo made Sega change this boss's name to Kabuto for the game's USA release).

I know the Castlevania: The Arcade release, from 2009, does this mash-up pretty well, but that as good as this Japan-only release is, I think we could do a better mash-up of the two. When I say better, I mean as to feature the usual recurring cast of male and female gangsters and their weaponry from the first two Lethal Enforcers titles released in 1992 and 1994 respectively, against all the backdrops (and music) of the three original CV games (Castlevania, Castlevania II: Simon's Quest and Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse). Simon (or Trevor) Belmont's role is replaced by a cursor.

The graphics of this game, I hope, will be in the style of Super Castlevania IV and Castlevania: Dracula X, both released for the Super Nintendo. You know, 16-bit (a la Super Mario All-Stars).

~Ben
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:35:18 AM by CastlevaniaFan1981 »

Offline Patraw

• Dracula's door mat
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Mark's Art Page
    • Awards
Re: Lethal Enforcers in Castlevania World?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 09:42:28 AM »
Try Konami's Crypt Killer, that's pretty much what you're talking about, even though it's not officially a Castlevania game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crypt_Killer