Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania HD Chapter 7 Hard Alucard Easy and Fast Way to Farm Astarte  (Read 8447 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Ok, first i wanted to say, that here in  Europe downloadable content, isn't available yet, so i can play only  up to chapter 7, i used to have a us account on psn, but for some reason, it doesn't anymore accept my credit card......:(

Anyway, here is a video, showing me, playing chapter 7 hard, showing how to get and beat fast, Astarte for items farming, using Alucard. I have killed her many times, with no luck, on getting a miser ring....:(

It doesn't matter if you get hit, since you will see that before the boss battle, you can restore for free, all of your health, that you have lost.

My equipement is: Fist of Tulkas Alucard Shield Samurai Helmet Demon's Mail Samurai Leggings Black Cloak Megingiord x2 Super Potion

Castlevania HD Chapter 7 Hard Alucard Easy and Fast Way to Farm Astarte
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:25:17 AM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania HD Chapter 7 Hard Alucard Easy and Fast Way to Farm Astarte
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 09:19:04 PM »
Alright, Here is what you do, Get a friend who doesn't mind being the Astarte killer, and you max out your luck as much as possible, with two people the stage is hella easy since all P1 has to do is hit the secret switch where long line of traps are (Spked logs that drop), this allow the stage to be beaten really fast and since astarte herself isn't too hard I'd say all together 4 mins max, When you get the boss chest the High Luck WILL help you get the more rare item.

It also REALLY helps to farm Thief rings in Ch.2 Hard to maximize your chances.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 05:12:25 AM »
So, does luck play role in getting better items? Now, with the Winged Boots, i only need 5 minutes per run!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 08:28:44 AM »
Nobody really knows for sure what luck does in this game.  The general consensus, though, is that it helps with drop items from enemies but has no effect on chests.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 03:30:03 AM »
All i know from personal experience, is that LUCK increases enemies drops and souls drops, as for chests, there is no way to know.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 10:17:04 AM »
ugh.

I just hate seeing you get the winged boots at the end lol.

Lord knows I have beaten that level atleast 30 times now and have not gotten ANYTHING valuable.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Kusanagi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Not even the legend of Belmont can withstand time
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 03:03:36 PM »
Nicely done on your run  ;D

If I may, there are a few pointers I'd like to give you to make the runs faster (if farming alone):

- First off there's a nice way to move faster if you constantly use dive kicks. Just constantly dive kick forward and you'll be moving faster than your usual walking speed (With the winged boots and sonic boots, it just makes this trick all the more faster). You can also use this as you climb up the pyramid at the start, but you'll need to rely on the mist form more often to dodge the boulders coming down.

- When you reach the column of dragon skeleton heads (forgot the actual name), you can dive kick off their face and go over them. Now killing them works for points, or you can opt for speed and skip them altogether for the time bonus at the end.

- the dive kick is your friend xD particularly when going down stairs faster. But don't use them when trying to go past the mummies and ectoplasms, that usually ends bad.

- Instead of going to the right of the pyramid, you can take the left path. Now what may seem to be a problem when you reach the room for the switch but no elevator to get up there, you can (if you do this as the final guard goes into his normal stance) dive kick at his shield, then just jump for the closest platform. Use the mist form as well for the extra reach if you need it too.

- One other problem I suppose is the panel traps as you exit from the top left of that room (you could go back the way you came, but for the sake of speed you could head to the top left). Now Im sure you know that there are 3 panels under each spike trap on the roof of the room, one panel triggering the spike trap to fall. I believe the order of the panels (in hard mode, normal mode has a different arrangement) is something like this:

XBO OOX OXO XAO

X = triggers the trap
O = safe to land on
B = stops the fire blocking the path to the room just above you
A = opens the door on the opposite end to allow a partner to go through and get the elevator switch.

O, A, and B are of course safe to land on, so just do small hops to get through this section.

- Lastly we have the fight against Astarte herself, now nicely done on how you fought her I will say that now. For myself, its easier to fight her from behind and continuously attack her with the fist of tulkas. When she turns around, just jump over her (you would land at least 5 - 7 punches after she finishes attacking before you'd need to jump over her again). When it comes to the temptation spell, dodging it from the back is easier (though the mist form trick you used pretty much works here as well). But the patter of the attack does have a small gap you can jump over to dodge the attack altogether:

1)                                           2)                           
             P                                    X          P
                                                     X
                    XX                                X
                        X X                              X
                             X   A                          X       A

X = area of attack
P = player
A = astarte

Ok, the diagram isn't that well made, but the point Im putting here is that her temptation attack can be dodged by double jumping over them when standing behind Astarte. In the 1) image, that s when it first starts up and is starting to fire outwards. The hearts fire from the front of Astarte then fly backwards (and vise versa for the hearts at the back). When you see the hearts appear, you can double jump forward over them to dodge them with little difficulty (you can even use the mist form to keep you in the air for a few seconds more). But keep in mind the distance, you'll need to be at least within a jumps distance from her or else the hearts will spread out like in 2) image.

Anyways, that's all I got for my tips for you xD Hmm, now that I think about it, I also need one more miser ring... If you ever need help on running for the miser ring (well the PS3 version), let me know. I'd like to help if I can :)

EDIT: Oh right, my methods might not be the easiest way to get it done xD It will take practice to really use some of them effectively. Your guide will certainly help those running it for the first time. Ah well, I'll leave the tips here for those who want it. I would record and do a sort of guide too, but I unfortunately have nothing to record with.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 03:29:25 PM by Kusanagi »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 05:15:34 AM »
ugh.

I just hate seeing you get the winged boots at the end lol.

Lord knows I have beaten that level atleast 30 times now and have not gotten ANYTHING valuable.

I was playing the 40 run when i was recording this video and when i opened up the gold chest and saw the Winged Boots, i said, finally, a good item. 12 runs after, i also got a valmanway. Still i haven't got a Miser Ring..... :'(

@Kusanagi

Thanks for the tips, but now with the Winged Boots, i only need 5 minutes for each run, so i'm happy with that time, gaining 30-40 seconds of speed, isn't, at least to me  so important. I'll post later my psn name, on the thread for tagging and if you are online, maybe we can join forces!!! ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Kusanagi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Not even the legend of Belmont can withstand time
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 10:09:22 AM »
I was playing the 40 run when i was recording this video and when i opened up the gold chest and saw the Winged Boots, i said, finally, a good item. 12 runs after, i also got a valmanway. Still i haven't got a Miser Ring..... :'(

@Kusanagi

Thanks for the tips, but now with the Winged Boots, i only need 5 minutes for each run, so i'm happy with that time, gaining 30-40 seconds of speed, isn't, at least to me  so important. I'll post later my psn name, on the thread for tagging and if you are online, maybe we can join forces!!! ;)
Yeah, whenever we're going after something, typically we get something else unintentionally (I got the Kaizer knuckles+1 when I was aiming for the Alucard sword+1, though can't really complain there).

That's fine all the same, Charlotte players would do it the same way you did. Just from what I've read on, is that the points at the end of the chapter affect the drops you get at the end of the boss. So faster times and not getting hit increases your chances of finding good equips, though it may as well be random all the same considering sometimes I get real good drops despite taking a fair bit of time. Yeah, sounds like a plan to me. I'll help you farm chapter 7 for as long as it takes xD (I actually also need the Valmanway and a few souls from there, so I got a few things I need to get from that chapter anyways).

Probably the best time you'll catch me is Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday night since I usually stay up for quite a while. Not sure about how time is on your end, but I should catch up with you at some point.

Tags: