Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: My 3d Models.  (Read 7729 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2012, 05:10:56 PM »
Ah, I see what you mean now. Though the fact remains that all "n sided faces" are made of tri's in any 3d environment. That is just how 3D rendering works, game engine or no game engine. When you "model with polygons" you are modelling with groups of tri's. Any poly count is purely calculated data, based on the model's tri's and configuration. I can't actually see a use for it other than for simple curiosity. Ultimately, the data is useless especially in terms of memory management, since tri's are all that matters there.

Also, just being in the industry doesn't entitle you to be the know it all. I've met many people during my time at Activision that just don't know what they are talking about. No profession is exempt from this.
I never said that I knew it all, I just was mentioning that this is how it has been taught to me currently. Glad you see what I meant now. It's a learning proces for all and I will take all the constructive criticism I can get...everyone can learn something new from time to time...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags:

anything