Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of shadow 2 is on it's way  (Read 82237 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2012, 06:40:29 AM »
Konami abandoned the musical subtitles yeeeeaaaars ago. And it was only used in, what, 5-6 games spread across 20 years? Rondo, Symphony, Dissonance, Aria and Lament. (Oh, and Encore, I guess). After that we've had Curse, Dawn, Portrait, Order, Judgment, Rebirth, Lords... no music whatsoever. I doubt we'll ever see it return.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2012, 07:45:21 AM »
If this game doesn't have a Death boss fight, I'm rioting.
If we don't get to see Slogra (LOLOLOLOLO GONNA TEASE A FUCKING STATUE PRE-RELEASE), I'm rioting.
If I see one fucking J.R. Tolkien lore enemy, I'm rioting.
If I hear generic Hollywood style music, I'm rioting.

I don't have any hopes, though. The game is going to probably suck.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2012, 12:51:50 PM »
If this game doesn't have a Death boss fight, I'm rioting.
If we don't get to see Slogra (LOLOLOLOLO GONNA TEASE A FUCKING STATUE PRE-RELEASE), I'm rioting.
If I see one fucking J.R. Tolkien lore enemy, I'm rioting.
If I hear generic Hollywood style music, I'm rioting.

I don't have any hopes, though. The game is going to probably suck.
I'd love Slogra to appear. Showing his design on Twitter was a cocktease, because the design looked SO good(and so true to the original), but it was nothing but a statue. I wanted to FIGHT that guy!!!

And yeah, they can do without the mess load of typical dark fantasy monsters. There's really no reason goblins should be included in a CV game. No reason whatsoever. I would've actually preferred more ethnic Slavic/Romanian/Eastern European monsters. Strigoi and stuff. Though, considering, maybe with the reboot they shifted location of where Castlevania took place. Original canon, it was clearly Romania(the focal point). Maybe new CV takes place in the British Isles(which would make the Gaelic/Celtic monsters make a little more sense(as well as the Tolkien-style fantasy). Also, LOL, it would also account for why their accents sound as such. Besides, there ARE quite a a number of castles in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

As for music, I've never been against Hollywood style music, when it is used RIGHT. IMO, there's a place for everything in the world, and the place has to do with location and timing. Hoolywood style, epic scores, IMO, are better suited cutscenes to amplify the emotion of those cutscenes. A sweeping orchestral score is, IMO, the best way to musically get character drama across. That being said, in the heat of battle and exploration, it doesn't work for me. I'd much rather have something less Hollywood/cinematic, something more game-like.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2012, 01:06:55 PM »
Music-wise, I wish there was some kind of happy medium. I want melodies that sound like Castlevania and then turned into orchestral pieces. I don't expect the super catchy soundtracks of the past, but I want more than just hollywood mood pieces. Surely there's a middle-ground here? Again, I think Shadow of the Colossus was GREAT in this regard. Also, I loved this particular boss tracks from Dark Souls. Can't remember the name right now.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2012, 01:13:34 PM »
I'm not expecting the music to change at all. We might get more throw backs to classic tunes but that's it, it won't sound much different. I just hope they don't recycle the same songs over and over again throughout the game, I heard the same theme in LoS like 15 times.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2012, 01:19:55 PM »
I don't know about you guys but do you get the feeling that........Lords of Shadow 2 is not gonna be announced at E3, or any Castlevania game for that matter?

I dunno maybe it's just me, maybe I should just NOT expect it to be there so that I can be somewhat surprised.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2012, 01:23:08 PM »
I don't know about you guys but do you get the feeling that........Lords of Shadow 2 is not gonna be announced at E3, or any Castlevania game for that matter?

I dunno maybe it's just me, maybe I should just NOT expect it to be there so that I can be somewhat surprised.
It will be there. They dropped a bunch of hints on twitter and Kojima Productions is promising "big things." It's probably a safe bet the game will be labeled under KP again just to guarantee it will sell, like LoS.

Plus I've heard a bunch of rumors myself about there being a bigger presence of Castlevania at the Konami booth this year, but, pre E3 rumors always sound more juicy than they really are.

It's not unreasonable to assume LoS 2 will be there going by everything we've heard recently.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2012, 01:28:11 PM »
It will be there. They dropped a bunch of hints on twitter and Kojima Productions is promising "big things." It's probably a safe bet the game will be labeled under KP again just to guarantee it will sell, like LoS.

Plus I've heard a bunch of rumors myself about there being a bigger presence of Castlevania at the Konami booth this year, but, pre E3 rumors always sound more juicy than they really are.

It's not unreasonable to assume LoS 2 will be there going by everything we've heard recently.

That's what I wanna believe, the rumors going around Castlevania and LOS2 got me hyped to see what's up but I don't wanna be let down it it's not there.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »

Yes, but let's not forget that two new Contra games by Konami have been teased for about a year or so, and neither have shown up yet. One was slated for 3DS before the system launched, and the next-gen version for PS3/XBOX360 was teased in logo-form at E3 last year. They're due to be shown for real, and they might be one of the "big things" from Konami. Still, I imagine there will be a LoS2 trailer. Speaking of which, didn't the music go into production before the game? If so, there should be a lot of new tunes, regardless of style.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2012, 01:30:52 PM »
I have a feeling Contra was canned, I haven't heard anything about it and I keep forgetting it exists. I would love to see Contra 3DS be a thing though.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2012, 01:34:34 PM »
I'd be way WAY more excited if they announced a 3DS/Vita game, produced by IGA with artwork from Kojima/Masaki & music from Yamane/Koshiro. Like the good 'ol days. Not to say I'm not looking forward to LoS-2, though.

Like this post if you agree.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2012, 01:38:23 PM »
I'd be way WAY more excited if they announced a 3DS/Vita game, produced by IGA with artwork from Kojima/Masaki & music from Yamane/Koshiro. Like the good 'ol days. Not to say I'm not looking forward to LoS-2, though.

Like this post if you agree.

Depends on the design, I guess. But wouldn't it be Mercury Steam doing a new 2-D one? There was rumors they might take over that area a while ago, I thought. By the way, if there is more than one Castlevania announcement, could it be the long talked about but ambiguous "CASTLEVANIA COLLECTION"? (once supposedly slated for Wii and PSP).

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2012, 01:44:45 PM »
Depends on the design, I guess. But wouldn't it be Mercury Steam doing a new 2-D one?
2D, 3D models, Metroidvania with no leveling up, and it would all be a weird fusion of your standard levels with Metroidvania design. I guess something like Order of Ecclesia. The combat would be similar to LoS though. That's what I've heard/been told.

Rumored Protagonist:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:49:07 PM by OSM »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2012, 01:47:38 PM »
Mercury Steam making a 2D game? ugh please no. that'd be a fucking trainwreck. let them stick with the epic 3D titles they're good at. (unless they use similar animations like they did with the Gabriel .gifs, but that'd be a pain in the ass to actually animate & I doubt they'd do that)

The Japan division however should handle it like they always have, perhaps a metroidvania for the 3DS & classic style for the Vita, or both styles integrated into 1 game someway somehow. it can be done, search your feelings, you know it to be true. everyone's happy

edit: that's like asking hip-hop artist 50 Cent to do a country song
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:56:56 PM by Crisis »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2012, 01:58:06 PM »
Mercury Steam making a 2D game? ugh please no. that'd be a fucking trainwreck.
I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, Mercury Steam has never really dabbled with 2D before. For all we know, it could be outsourced to someone else but with MS's art direction in mind.

It would be crazy if we got two Castlevania games announced at E3, Mercury Steam 3DS and LoS2.

anything